Photo

1990s British World Superbike riders - searching for info

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChiliFan

ChiliFan

• 198 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 20:44

Hi everyone. As part of my ongoing project to compile as much World Superbike data as possible, I've recently started collecting information on the brand of tyre used by each rider through the years. As these stats weren't officially recorded until 2000/2001, information can be scarce for the early years and for the privateer riders.

I've got a number of blanks for British riders who competed in their local WSB races in the 1990s, and also appeared in British Superbike events in the same years, so I'd like to ask if anyone on this forum might be able to help me fill in the details. I've had lots of help from various people here in the past, so this seems the most appropriate place to ask. I know it's quite an obscure request so any fragments of info would be greatly appreciated. Below is a list of the riders I'm missing tyre data for (in spoiler tags):

Spoiler

I'm also looking for copies of results sheets for the British WSB events from 1988-1996 (practice times & lap charts mainlly) produced by MST Sports Timing, if anyone has access to those. MST (now TSL Timing) unfortunately do not have any records prior to 2000.

Advertisement

#2 havachat

havachat

• 72 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 17:54

hey stranger 

hows things?

terry rymer and rob mac   loctite yamaha dunlop

robert holden    privateer rc30 dunlop

roger burnett durex suzuki dunlop

#3 ChiliFan

ChiliFan

• 198 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:21

hey stranger 

hows things?

terry rymer and rob mac   loctite yamaha dunlop

robert holden    privateer rc30 dunlop

roger burnett durex suzuki dunlop

Not too bad. Yourself? Been a while since I've been on this forum.

Thanks for the info, I've got Robert Holden down as using Metzelers in 1990, so would it have been 1989 that he was on Dunlops?

#4 havachat

havachat

• 72 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 13:12

yeh 89 is correct

#5 havachat

havachat

• 72 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 13:14

steve hislop michelin

malcolm campbell michelin