Photo

More footage of E.C.M.C. events at Snetterton

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Leigh Trevail

Leigh Trevail

• 553 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:50

Even more footage taken by members of the Eastern Counties Motor Club of their events at Snetterton is now available for viewing on You Tube.

1954 & 1956

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtihEhOVPZU

19th June 1960

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNigV6nKtBI

18th June 1961

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFZAOrpfZC8

Advertisement

#2 nicanary

nicanary

• 691 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:54

When the sun shone at Snetterton Heath, it could be baking hot. Gosh, those films brought back memories. I see they're from the hands of Andy Kitson, font of all knowledge on matters Snetterton. Nice to see the "podium" which consisted of the handing-over of the trophy and a handshake - and quite right too. No wasting of champagne and fake bonhomie.

#3 Charles Helps

Charles Helps

• 383 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:14

In the first film, marked 1954 & 1956, I believe that the footage at the beginning of the clip must have been taken in 1956.  Ken Laverton's Lotus Mk VI wasn't road registered TRT 653 until February 1956.  I think that it's more likely that that bit of film was actually taken at the E.C.M.C meeting on 15th April 1956 when Ken Laverton and Harley Deschamps (DDX 603) were out in their Lotuses.

Lovely bits of film though!

#4 Leigh Trevail

Leigh Trevail

• 553 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 18:18

I have to agree with Charles on this. I have just read through a race report by J. Richard Aley on the E.C.M.C meeting of 15th April 1956 and everything tallies up.

#5 Leigh Trevail

Leigh Trevail

• 553 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 18:07

The captions for the film which was originally thought to be 1954 has now been corrected to 15th April 1956.

To view log onto …

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUWU3VM-IU

#6 pete53

pete53

• 725 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:38

Wonderful footage. There was a delightfully unspohisticated charm to Snetterton in those days ( and indeed most UK circuits) - oil drums, weedy hardstanding in the paddock, open pit row ...

I always think the paddock scenes are as evocative as the racing itself.

#7 carrotcruncher

carrotcruncher

• 100 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 15:56

Fantastic pictures from Andy,

my congratulations

Provides the answers to so many questions. yet throws up so many more .Not quite sure about the soundtrack, but that's a matter of personal preference. Extremely informative .any more in the pipeline?

Regards

David a.k,a. Carrotcruncher :clap: