Photo

Lotus 12 photographs please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 M bennett

M bennett

• 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:18

I have been gathering everything I can find on the Lotus 12 model since we acquired #353 back in 1991. I now have comprehensive files on all the cars produced. #301, #351, #352, #353, #354, #355, #356. #357, #358, #359, #360, and #361. Yes, the 1956 Motor Show car was #301, quite out of sequence. This is the first time each car has been identified, ownerships clarified and detailed files assembled.  .

I have acquired photographs from all the popular sources, Ferret, LAT, Klemataski, Cahier, Ludvigsen, GPL etc

I just wonder if there are TNF folk who were around in 1957/8/9 who may have Lotus 12 images tucked away?

I would much appreciate any images that you may like to contribute, I would like to summarise all my findings by the end of 2013.

Images of cars stationary or in the pits would be an extra bonus. 

Many thanks in anticipation

Mike Bennett  HLR Lotus 12 Registrar

Adelaide Australia

Advertisement

#2 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,540 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 13:01

Good work Mike.  Will your research be published anywhere?

#3 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,098 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 15:50

Mike, did you go right through the old Stilltime foto archives?
Roger Lund

#4 M bennett

M bennett

• 122 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:55

Thanks for that tip Roger, some useful Ivor Bueb pictures (#359) there.  I have also come across the Corbis archive http://www.corbisimages.com/  which claims 100 million images with Bill Gates as a major backer.  A staggering collection of the world's images.

The latest copy of C&SC suggests Maurice Rowe is still active and photograhed in the period I am researching. Is TNF able to advise how Maurice Rowe may be contacted?

Any additional ideas as to how to find F2 and F1 pictures from 1957 and 1958 most welcome.

Thanks Mike Bennett

#5 hipperson

hipperson

• 623 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:49

Hi Mike

I can furnish you with the information you require

Please email me on

michael@michaelhipperson.co.uk

#6 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,098 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 23:28

Thanks for that tip Roger,
Any additional ideas as to how to find F2 and F1 pictures from 1957 and 1958 most welcome.
Thanks Mike Bennett

Mike, another couple of long shots. Check the George Phillips archives at the Revs Institute, see Paul Parker's link on the Franco Cornacchia And Gerino Gerini Thread on the front page. There look to be some useful events covered, plus sundry articles, with more pics listed than shown in Autosport.
You might also find that the Francis Penn archives have relevant photos, if any one can clarify who actually holds them . I understood that the NMM had them but they say they do not, and their suggestion LAT say that they only have copies of the ones which they actually published.
Roger Lund

Edited by bradbury west, 01 November 2013 - 23:37.

#7 M bennett

M bennett

• 122 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:12

Still plugging away, Klemantaski have been most helpful. Many excellent clear images provided.  It looks like you may have to turn up in person to search the Revs Institute? No response to my emails so far.  I have had no joy from the National Motor Museum Beaulieu either, though I understand they have  a large photographic library. LAT currently doing a search for me, here's hoping. Paul-Henri Cahier has also provided what he has from the Cahier archive.  John Ross has also dug deep into his early Hornsey pictures too and unearthed a wonderful series of images long hidden away.  

Can anyone advise where the photographic library used in Autosport resides?

Of course if any one knows of, or can provide, Lotus 12 pictures from 1957/8 I would be most appreciative.

I am sure there are gems in the GPL too, waiting for them to be available too.  

Mike B Adelaide