- - - - -

2013 USGP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,679 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 19:24

Just found out about this new USGP ticket special on LivingSocial. I came here to post it in the 2013 USGP thread & found there was none, so, here you go:

Seems like prices are dropping a bit more:

Choose from the following offers:
• $39 for one Friday ticket
• $59 for one Saturday ticket
• $79 for one Sunday ticket
• $249 for one Turn-Four Weekend Pass
• $999 for four Turn-Four Weekend Passes with parking

Advertisement

#2 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 00:40

I don't mind paying a bundle for a seat in the MG.  But I refuse to pay 2 grand for a mediocre hotel for a week.  When they get the hotel prices under control, I will attend again.  It was a lot of fun last year. 

#3 ScuderiaSV1

ScuderiaSV1

• 158 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 00:44

Bourbon: you can find a very reasonably priced hotel.. I'm staying 4 nights for a total of less than $250. And I'm less than 15miles from the circuit. The trick is to start looking at hotels at the beginning of November and make sure you book a room within a week of the GP ending (for next years GP of course). Most hotel policies allow you to cancel your reservation free of charge as long as you do so At least 24-48 hours before your planned arrival. Better luck next year :)

Edited by ScuderiaSV1, 02 October 2013 - 00:50.

#4 Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

• 1,841 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 14:55

Oh my, a $79 ticket costs $108 after taxes, Living Social fees, Ticketmaster fees and delivery.  I think I'll take my chances with craigslist as the date gets closer. 

#5 FerrariFanInTexas

FerrariFanInTexas

• 1,157 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 15:31

Anyone know when the tickets are being mailed?  I've got seven other guys wanting to know when I'm going to deliver the goods.   Seeing as they paid me for the darn things in April.

#6 ScuderiaSV1

ScuderiaSV1

• 158 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 21:48

Anyone know when the tickets are being mailed?  I've got seven other guys wanting to know when I'm going to deliver the goods.   Seeing as they paid me for the darn things in April.

I believe I got mine about 3-4 weeks before the GP last year. Just a few more weeks!

#7 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,679 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 21:50

IIRC I saw somewhere that they should be mailed in early October.

#8 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,747 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20

Oh my, a $79 ticket costs $108 after taxes, Living Social fees, Ticketmaster fees and delivery. I think I'll take my chances with craigslist as the date gets closer.

What the hell is the Living Social Fee element of the ticket price about?

#9 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,679 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 22:06

Will there be shuttles for the USGP this year? First Vance found this:

Then just a few minutes ago John Maher & the Statesman released this article about roads with the following quote from COTA spokeswoman Julie Loignon:

A September draft of the circuit’s transportation plan for the November F1 race shows a shuttle lot at  the corner of Moore and Burklund Farms roads. But circuit spokeswoman Julie Loignon said Monday it had not yet been determined whether there would be a shuttle lot there for this year’s F1 race.