Brawn to leave Mercedes at the end of the 2013 season

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#51 alpinesmuggler

alpinesmuggler

• 219 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 14:33

Williams?

Why would he want to waste his time and tarnish his reputation with that POS team?

Advertisement

#52 Owen

Owen

• 10,768 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 14:41

Why would he want to waste his time and tarnish his reputation with that POS team?

read this.

http://www.autocar.c...out-williams-f1

#53 Tron

Tron

• 614 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 14:52

it's not Renault, it's Enstone .... it is and always has been a british team, that runs renault engine and was at one time supported by them as factory team. Ross was with this team when it was called 'benetton' and won with michael schumacher 2 WDCs before ferrari poached the lot of them. 

It's still a French flag that got lifted when it won as Renualt... as well, it's heart, the engine, is French... :p But yeah, valid point you brought up, and will add that when results matter, it doesn't matter if they'll get a Mongolian or an Alaskan to run the team, as long as the results come in.

#54 Tron

Tron

• 614 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 14:53

I can so see a bored Schumacher joinning Brawn to run Renualt's return...

#55 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,232 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 14:57

awesome read ... the last 2 paragraph was touching ...  :love:

snippets ... 

Could it happen? Williams is 71 and lives for racing. He wants to see his team back at the front of the grid, but times are hard and the big teams are hoovering up all the engineering talent. Brawn is 58 but still has time left in the sport if he chooses to continue, rather than switching to a quieter life and going fishing. Newey is just 54.......

Rebuilding Williams would certainly be a challenge and perhaps, having done the job for Red Bull, he doesn't have the energy to do it again. But when you stop and think about it, could there be a better way to sign off in F1 than by taking the team that made you famous and taking it back to the front? It would be the perfect ending for an astonishing career.

#56 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,410 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 15:01

Would be nice to see Brawn join Williams but I think he may well end up at the Honda F1 engine project.

#57 alpinesmuggler

alpinesmuggler

• 219 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 15:04

Very interesting article, cheers! I especially liked this part: "[engineers] find that rarest of commodities, 'other people's money'."

But even in Saward's best case scenario--Brawn and Newey at Williams--the amount of money to make the team competitive seems to be prohibitive. These guys presumably have no interest in fielding/working for even a strong mid-field team, and the step up from a Williams, a Sauber, or a Force India to the likes of Red Bull, Merc, or Ferrari is measured in tens if not hundreds thousands of Euros.

It would almost look like a return to the privateer era of F1, which, I'm afraid, is as gone now as good looking cars and big engines.

Edited by alpinesmuggler, 08 October 2013 - 15:06.

#58 jimjimjeroo

jimjimjeroo

• 1,484 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 15:09

People forget very fast in F1, didn't Williams get Newey from Leyton house after they FIRED him! Back in 1990? Almost 25 years later would be nice to see him bring them back from the edge of Q1

#59 EthanM

EthanM

• 2,479 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 15:31

People forget very fast in F1, didn't Williams get Newey from Leyton house after they FIRED him! Back in 1990? Almost 25 years later would be nice to see him bring them back from the edge of Q1

you are right, people do forget very fast. Didn't Williams drive Newey out of the team by just fostering Patrick's delusion he still had something more substantial than Newey to offer and needed to be technical chief?

Edited by EthanM, 08 October 2013 - 15:31.

Advertisement

#60 Tron

Tron

• 614 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 15:43

In life, one must fail to learn and grow. It's the same with Newey, Brawn, and any other person involved in F1.

Unfortunately people only remember the present.

I recall when the McLaren fans were calling for Newey's head... as Ferrari fans did with Todt before he started winning... heck, after Belgium 98, many Ferrari fans wanted Schumacher out.

We've become an unforgiving society forgetting all humans go through bad patches in our lives.

#61 alpinesmuggler

alpinesmuggler

• 219 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 16:58

Sadly this is 2013 not 1990. Financial stakes are higher, as is Newey's reputation.

A few questions for those in the know:

- How much is Newey paid? A salary + bonus breakdown would be great. Red Bull is a public company, so there's a chance some figures are available.

- How much is Brawn worth? Is he on any of the Forbes lists, a la Larry Ellison?

- How much does it cost to run a premier F1 team? Fiat and Daimler are public companies (as is Williams), so there's a chance some figures are available.

If you seriously believe in a privateer team entering F1 in this dark age, please do dig up the figures mentioned above and make a case for a moderately wealthy person such as Brawn or Newey to spend money on an F1 team rather than a G650.

#62 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,934 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 20:45

- How much is Newey paid? A salary + bonus breakdown would be great. Red Bull is a public company, so there's a chance some figures are available.

Public companies are sometimes just umbrellas of private companies so not everything is public, and certainly not something as sensitive as Newey's salary. Hell his "salary" might not even go to him but to a consultancy firm he owns.

Either way I'd be sad to see Brawn go before 2014, but if there's anything know about F1, it's that there is rarely any smoke without fire. However I can't see him having the energy to rebuild Williams when Merc has hoarded almost every technical director under the sun.

Edited by F1ultimate, 08 October 2013 - 20:46.

#63 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 1,483 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 21:02

How do you know it is actual news?

#64 alpinesmuggler

alpinesmuggler

• 219 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 22:05

Public companies are sometimes just umbrellas of private companies so not everything is public, and certainly not something as sensitive as Newey's salary. Hell his "salary" might not even go to him but to a consultancy firm he owns.

Indeed, hence my somewhat tongue in cheek request for information from "those in the know." I'm too tired to go through Red Bull's brochure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they even mention their F1 teams as separate items. They are more likely to add all sports activities up under some kind of Brand Promotion/Public Relations chapter as a bulk sum, along with NASCAR, extreme sports, and whatever the heck else the RB brand awareness team does.

Either way I'd be sad to see Brawn go before 2014, but if there's anything know about F1, it's that there is rarely any smoke without fire. However I can't see him having the energy to rebuild Williams when Merc has hoarded almost every technical director under the sun.

Personally, I would be gutted as I don't see anyone else on the Merc team who would be able to take the TP reins. Your "no smoke without fire" quote is making me very, very worried for the future of the team as well as that of my man Lewis.

The Williams or other team investment speculations are, in my opinion, entirely worthless. Brawn's a smart operator, and I don't see him willing to lose millions of dollars in a game where the only competitive (ergo advertiser-friendly) teams run budgets in the 250-500M dollar range.

Edited by alpinesmuggler, 08 October 2013 - 22:07.

#65 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,069 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:27

Indeed - RB to Ferrari to replace the woeful Stefano as TP and prepare the ground for Vettel (and Newey?) in 2015 or whenever - so history can repeat itself. Seven (or more) titles for SV will be a formality. Well, it's a nice dream anyway!

Lots of gossip at Korea concerning Merc. besides Brawn,such as Merc. making an offer to Marko he can't refuse to facilitate Vettel moving to Merc.No  matter what happens i think there is going to be one hell of a bunfight between Ferrari & Merc. to get  Seb. if he decides he needs a new challenge.

#66 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,913 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:40

Newey/Horner/Vettel/Marko and 50 engineers to Ferrari in 2015. :lol:

Followed by Red Bull sponsorship... FIAT buying Infiniti off Renault/Nissan, moving the team to Milton Keynes and renaming the team to Scuderia Vetteli.

#67 alpinesmuggler

alpinesmuggler

• 219 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:45

Followed by Red Bull sponsorship... FIAT buying Infiniti off Renault/Nissan, moving the team to Milton Keynes and renaming the team to Scuderia Vetteli.

:rotfl: :up:

#68 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,410 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:46

Has Brawn's departure from Mercedes actually been officially anounced? I don't think I saw an official anouncement (yet).

#69 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,232 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:35

a bit of an old info ... when newey was poached by RBR back in 2005

http://www.theguardi...ormulaone.sport

Newey, whose McLaren contract was due for renewal in February, reputedly demanded a salary hike from $6m (£3.5m) to $10m a year to stay with the team whose cars won 10 of the 19 grands prix in 2005. According to sources close to McLaren, their chairman Ron Dennis and chief executive Martin Whitmarsh did not feel such an investment could be justified and have been prepared for Newey's decision to leave for some time. 

Christian Horner, Red Bull's sporting director, was yesterday proclaiming that they would rather have Newey than Michael Schumacher on their strength.   
"It's a massive recruitment for us,Given the choice of Adrian Newey or Michael Schumacher, I'd go for Adrian every time. It's of that kind of magnitude. I think that it sends out exactly the right message in that we are totally serious about what we want to do and what we want to achieve." 
 "Adrian's motivation wasn't money or fiscal, His motivation was to take on a new challenge within a smaller team environment. I have a decent relationship with him and I think he sees the aspirations of the team and Red Bull and it feels right. The size of the challenge ahead is not to be underestimated but it's one that I'm sure he's going to throw himself fully into.We now have a very strong technical group. We need to make a step forward next year. That progression has to be focused on getting into the top six in the constructors, ideally the top five. Then in 2007 the real impact of Adrian's appointment will start to be seen."

so.... back in 2005, he was  10 million quids worth of property, add to it 4 WDCs+WCCs ... the limit is your imagination. 

#70 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 20,697 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:04

Tobias Grüner ams F1 @tgruener
AMuS exclusive: Ross Brawn denies decision about leaving @MercedesAMGF1. "Did not talk to McLaren or Honda." 

#71 alpinesmuggler

alpinesmuggler

• 219 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:04

Tobias Grüner ams F1 @tgruener
AMuS exclusive: Ross Brawn denies decision about leaving @MercedesAMGF1. "Did not talk to McLaren or Honda." 

Brawn, ever the fox, you gotta love this guy.

He says he hasn't spoken to McLaren or Honda, but what about his agent and his reps? How about taking a year off? Well, that's a healthy amount of time for a gardening leave/sabbatical all the better to come back fresh in '15.

How about trying this one on for size: Brawn, an RB aerodynamicist, and Lewis back to McLaren in 2015? I personally was surprised at how amicable Hamilton's departure from McLaren has been: not a negative word spoken, no gloating over his former team's performance this season, no effusive praise for his new team.

I do like Brawn and I think it would be great loss to Mercedes if he were to leave, as there simply aren't any people down the corporate hierarchy who could take over. That said, wouldn't it be awesome if Lauda came out and announced he was going to be the Merc TP? Fearless, smart racer, successful businessman, the kind of tough dude you need to manage a few hundred mil and drivers' egos.

Edited by alpinesmuggler, 09 October 2013 - 11:07.

#72 dhill39

dhill39

• 424 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:25

He's definitely leaving,in F1,when there's a long standing rumor that's being going on for over a year,it's true.I think it's a shame for Mercedes and Lewis,I think one of the reasons Lewis join the team was for Ross,him leaving is not good for Lewis.New management want new people,and that's what Toto and Lauda wanted in bringing in Paddy Lowe.Lets see if their is any move from Lewis.

#73 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,210 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:34

That said, wouldn't it be awesome if Lauda came out and announced he was going to be the Merc TP?

Sorry to pick just one sentence from your whole post, but I think Team Principle has really lots of work to do. I don't think Lauda would manage, he prefers to roam around paddock. give interviews and talk to people. He is happily enjoying his retirement rather than wanting to work entire day.

#74 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 20,697 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:51

He says he hasn't spoken to McLaren or Honda, but what about his agent and his reps? How about taking a year off? Well, that's a healthy amount of time for a gardening leave/sabbatical all the better to come back fresh in '15.

How about trying this one on for size: Brawn, an RB aerodynamicist, and Lewis back to McLaren in 2015? I personally was surprised at how amicable Hamilton's departure from McLaren has been: not a negative word spoken, no gloating over his former team's performance this season, no effusive praise for his new team.

I do like Brawn and I think it would be great loss to Mercedes if he were to leave, as there simply aren't any people down the corporate hierarchy who could take over. That said, wouldn't it be awesome if Lauda came out and announced he was going to be the Merc TP? Fearless, smart racer, successful businessman, the kind of tough dude you need to manage a few hundred mil and drivers' egos.

http://www1.skysport...-mclaren-return

Mercedes took to Twitter on Monday to deny reports emanating from Germany that Brawn had informed the team over the Korean GP weekend of his intention to quit at the end of the season. From Honda's side, Arari has now admitted he hadn't even heard the speculation that Brawn was on the company's radar.

#75 alpinesmuggler

alpinesmuggler

• 219 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:16

"I've never heard of that and it is a surprise! I don't think it will happen," [Honda motorsport boss Yasuhisa Arai] added.

Times like this I really hate to be an F1 fan. These guys know what's going to happen and how and yet keep us in the dark. Then again, poaching an executive such as Brawn is not something that happens over a GP weekend. My prediction: Brawn stays at Merc next year, then moves to an iconic McLaren/Honda in 2015 if Dennis and Arai present a solid case for having a winning team.

Perhaps there are some issues about Whitmarsh. His style is so opposite of Brawn's, that one of them would have to go.

#76 MJ999

MJ999

• 75 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:27

Well i think he came across as extremely cocky when he was incharge of Jaguar and said even a monkey can drive this thing.. and then he took it for a lap himself and spun and then he said he was so wrong... These cars really are on the edge etc etc. When you do something like that it has far reaching effects.Basically the staff must have lost respect for the Guy and we all know what happened to Jag. Then he tried something in the aviation industry as well and eventially his airline had to go out of business.

#77 alpinesmuggler

alpinesmuggler

• 219 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 13:43

Sorry to pick just one sentence from your whole post, but I think Team Principle has really lots of work to do. I don't think Lauda would manage, he prefers to roam around paddock. give interviews and talk to people. He is happily enjoying his retirement rather than wanting to work entire day.

No worries, I just threw that thought out there. I'm not even sure Lauda would want to be team principal--what's in it for him aside from stress, fans dissecting every mistake, the Daimler board breathing down his neck. I see where you're coming from.

But yeah, this is total speculation domain. I haven't read anything that would point toward Lauda's interest in running a team. Like I said, a fun 2014 silly season beckons! :D

#78 joora

joora

• 350 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 13:59

It would be great if Brawn buys Toto's share of Williams and makes it his pet project :)

#79 g1n

g1n

• 877 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 17:19

Ross came by about three weeks ago to borrow my brand new fishing deck. Never returned it, the bastard. Probably showing off with it to random forumers.

hey! he did the same to me a couple of years back!

Advertisement

#80 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 4,449 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 17:52

Why would Brawn do a Honda and leave Merc when they appear to be on the cusp of their greatest season?

#81 Dmitriy_Guller

Dmitriy_Guller

• 4,106 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:03

a bit of an old info ... when newey was poached by RBR back in 2005

http://www.theguardi...ormulaone.sport

so.... back in 2005, he was  10 million quids worth of property, add to it 4 WDCs+WCCs ... the limit is your imagination. 

Interesting quotes.  I bet RD and MW are having second thoughts now.  Kind of explains how McLaren always manages to be mediocre even when they seem fated to dominate.

#82 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,566 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:25

Well, Nico and Lewis seem to want Ross to stick around, anyway:

Autosport:Hamilton, Rosberg say Ross Brawn Mercedes F1 exit would be shame

"We had some really good conversations when we sat together before I made my decision [to switch teams]," Hamilton said.

He took me through where the team was going and was very influential in bringing me to the team. He's a great boss. I enjoy working with him.

I don't know what his plans are for the future but I'd like him to stay."

#83 tokyonagaremono

tokyonagaremono

• 98 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:26

Sky F1's mid-week round-up prog last night suggested that Brawn is leaving merc to go to, ostensibly, lead Honda's development for next year, then Macca-Honda in 2015. The journo on the show made it seem this was an open secret in the F1 press. They made a big deal of how Brawn loves Honda and vice-versa, how close they are because of the way Honda helped with the setting up of Brawn GP, etc. And of course the bad vibes re Brawn vs Toto (and Lowe) at Merc.

I would like to know more about Toto. Is there a thread on him? Who is he? How did he get rich? Is he self-made? How did he get into F1? An ex-rich-boy-racer? I don't like to judge him on the playboy looks and the Arnie voice, but I suspect he's some kind of spoilt kid with a lot of daddy's dosh to play with. A bit like those guys at Genii (who, to give them credit, at least have the sense not to get too involved in, or not to be seen to get too involved, in the running of Lotus).

#84 EthanM

EthanM

• 2,479 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:51

Sky F1's mid-week round-up prog last night suggested that Brawn is leaving merc to go to, ostensibly, lead Honda's development for next year, then Macca-Honda in 2015. The journo on the show made it seem this was an open secret in the F1 press. They made a big deal of how Brawn loves Honda and vice-versa, how close they are because of the way Honda helped with the setting up of Brawn GP, etc. And of course the bad vibes re Brawn vs Toto (and Lowe) at Merc.

I would like to know more about Toto. Is there a thread on him? Who is he? How did he get rich? Is he self-made? How did he get into F1? An ex-rich-boy-racer? I don't like to judge him on the playboy looks and the Arnie voice, but I suspect he's some kind of spoilt kid with a lot of daddy's dosh to play with. A bit like those guys at Genii (who, to give them credit, at least have the sense not to get too involved in, or not to be seen to get too involved, in the running of Lotus).

he has family money, yes, he also made some of his own money, not google level money but substantial amounts, from net related private equity deals in the late 90s/early noughties (invest in small internet related company, sell it on, I think his most "famous" deal was buying into sms.at which was then sold on to T-Mobile, bought back, split up, resold blah blah ... he probably made 2-300 mil out of that thing. But generally yeah, he's not "just" a trust fund kid.

#85 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 7,942 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:56

Why are people ignoring Honda's and McLarens denial? It does not make any sense whatsoever for Brawn, Honda or McLaren.

The interesting question is the intra team dynamics with Toto, Lowe and Lauda. Why would Brawn want to retire earlier and what will be the effect on the team?

It does seem he has Lauda and the Mercedes-Benz board on his side.

#86 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,133 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:57

Come home Ross.

:up:

#87 No brain no pain

No brain no pain

• 170 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 15:26

• Brawn not joining McLaren in 2014 - Button
  • Oct.10 (GMM) Jenson Button on Thursday said Ross Brawn is "for sure" not joining McLaren in 2014. Amid reports Brawn has decided to step down at Mercedes, there has been speculation linking Button's former Honda boss with McLaren. So with McLaren linking up with the returning Honda for 2015, Button at Suzuka handballed the question to his boss Martin Whitmarsh.

#88 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:47

Probably within the last hour, Joe Saward has put up a piece that Brawn is headed McLaren way to link Honda

#89 akshay380

akshay380

• 566 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:07

From the horses mouth 

"Genuinely, I have not had any discussion with Honda or McLaren about the future," Brawn told AUTOSPORT, referring to speculation he could be on the move.

#90 Raven8

Raven8

• 705 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:25

"....I'm not looking at going anywhere else !"

Ross Brawn

http://m.eurosport.c...097/story.shtml

#91 Owen

Owen

• 10,768 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:19

can we close this now?

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/110512

#92 as65p

as65p

• 17,785 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:35

Why close it? I think you follwed the sport long enough to recognize the subtext in those quotes from Brawn, he's basically saying that ATM they can't agree how to run the team in the near future.

"Niki and Toto [Wolff] are getting more familiar with the team and we need to understand how we're going to run the team in the future. So those discussions are on-going but we have not reached any conclusions yet."

Translation: those silly buggers can't see that I know much better than them how to get things done.

"The team has come a long way in the last 12 months, but we've got to make sure it keeps going the right way,"

"But we all need to understand our roles and make sure that we're all happy and motivated by them."

Translation: Let me do my thing, noobs. Else we're going nowhere fast.

"But I'm not looking at going anywhere else."

... as long as you let me do things my way.

I reckon it all depends on solving that or not. If they don't, anything is still possible re: Brawn leaving elsewhere, retiring or whatever.

#93 Raven8

Raven8

• 705 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:40

Why close it? I think you follwed the sport long enough to recognize the subtext in those quotes from Brawn, he's basically saying that ATM they can't agree how to run the team in the near future.

"Niki and Toto [Wolff] are getting more familiar with the team and we need to understand how we're going to run the team in the future. So those discussions are on-going but we have not reached any conclusions yet."

Translation: those silly buggers can't see that I know much better than them how to get things done.

"The team has come a long way in the last 12 months, but we've got to make sure it keeps going the right way,"

"But we all need to understand our roles and make sure that we're all happy and motivated by them."

Translation: Let me do my thing, noobs. Else we're going nowhere fast.

"But I'm not looking at going anywhere else."

... as long as you let me do things my way.

I reckon it all depends on solving that or not. If they don't, anything is still possible re: Brawn leaving elsewhere, retiring or whatever.

Just to add:

We come this far now I won't be so stupid to let anyone else harvest the fruits, we sow a long time ago, the next (few) year(s)

#94 as65p

as65p

• 17,785 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:44

Just to add:

We come this far now I won't be so stupid to let anyone else harvest the fruits, we sow a long time ago, the next (few) year(s)

Yep, that's the why he's fighting hard to take the last steps the way he reckons it should be done.

But it's obvious that there are still major disagreements with Wolff, Lauda etc.

#95 Raven8

Raven8

• 705 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:47

Yep, that's the why he's fighting hard to take the last steps the way he reckons it should be done.

But it's obvious that there are still major disagreements with Wolff, Lauda etc.

Lauda wants Brawn to stay, he isn't stupid, he knows whom they need to lead the team. They just have to find a way to put Toto Wolff ( & lowe) on a position where he hasn't too much influence

#96 as65p

as65p

• 17,785 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:57

Lauda wants Brawn to stay, he isn't stupid, he knows whom they need to lead the team. They just have to find a way to put Toto Wolff ( & lowe) on a position where he hasn't too much influence

"Just" ?

If it were that easy, Brawn wouldn't make lengthy statements to the press. He would simply say "I'm staying, everything is fine, future looks great".

#97 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 997 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:24

"I am in discussion with Niki [Lauda] and the board about how we run the team in the future"

What about Toto? Is it because he is the guy Brawn, Lauda and the Board have to contain or ...

#98 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 6,472 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:37

can we close this now?
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/110512

The more it's denied, the more likely it seems :p

#99 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 7,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:57

What about Toto? Is it because he is the guy Brawn, Lauda and the Board have to contain or ...

Toto's been a bit silent in all this. Think he's a bit damaged as a result of the taped conversation scandal. Of course he's also part of the discussion as a 35% owner, but Lauda is the team's Chairman with 10% ownership and the the largest shareholder is Mercedes-Benz. So in terms of decisions and voting power, he's not the most powerful.

Advertisement

#100 SanDiegoGo

SanDiegoGo

• 624 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:44

Probably within the last hour, Joe Saward has put up a piece that Brawn is headed McLaren way to link Honda

No, he has just reported the story that Bild made. He then explains what the situation is with all concerned. He does not say Brawn is going to Honda.