Photo
- - - - -

Hamilton: I Weigh 71 Kg And I Am Not Going To Be 65 Kg Unless I Cut My (Wedding Tackle)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,500 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 22:34

Jesus, Lewis is tiny. If he's too big, then F1's gonna have a real problem finding enough drivers.

Lewis Hamilton is serious about winning next season's championship. So much so that the Mercedes man is willing to 'chop his own nuts off' to meet the weight.

The British driver will sit down with his fellow drivers later on Friday to discuss the proposed moves. And he's not overly confident of making the ideal 65kg (10st 2lb) weight or below next season. 

'I weigh 71kg. I am not going to be 65kg (11st 2lbs) unless I cut my nuts off!' Hamilton joked. 'And I eat really healthily.'

Advertisement

#2 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 22:47

A lot of talk recently from the Mercedes drivers about their testicles. What's happening over there? 

I bet Lauda is involved.

#3 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope

• 7,911 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 22:52

Ironic. I've always said I'd chop my own nuts off to race F1 for a living, but never did I think that would one day be an actual requirement.

#4 DrivenF1

DrivenF1

• 1,050 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:01

I really hope F1 sorts itself out and raises the limit by 10kg to a round 700kg.

It's just ridiculous that 75% of the grid is too heavy. Looks like next year's championship battle will be between Vettel, Massa, Gutierrez, Pic and Perez...with everyone else dropping at least 0.1 seconds per lap.

Like Vettel needed another advantage.

#5 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:01

Incredible.

Formula 1 is rapidly becoming an expensive joke.

#6 Coral

Coral

• 6,727 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:09

Incredible.

You're right there. This is unbelievable. I mean, Mansell and Piquet weighed over 12 stone, yet they managed fine in the 1980s, in the turbo era...

F1 seems to be doing an excellent job of shooting itself in the foot... :mad:

#7 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:11

How heavy are these KERS contraptions? :eek:

Before they came around, 605kg was enough to play around with weights and I don't recall hearing much if anything about the drivers. You always had to be small, sure - Webber is often seen as a tall driver and measures in at only 1.85 meters - but certainly not to these extremes.

#8 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,500 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:16

How heavy are these KERS contraptions? :eek:

Before they came around, 605kg was enough to play around with weights and I don't recall hearing much if anything about the drivers. You always had to be small, sure - Webber is often seen as a tall driver and measures in at only 1.85 meters - but certainly not to these extremes.

1.85m = ~6'1", right? That's taller than average even out in the 'real' world.

#9 Knot

Knot

• 666 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:17

Lewis has other problems if his nuts weigh 13 pounds.

Edited by Knot, 08 October 2013 - 23:18.

#10 mtojay

mtojay

• 179 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:18

i dont get it to be honest!

serious question, why isnt there a maximum weight limit for the car itself? why is it the package that counts and not the car on its own?

#11 Avastrol

Avastrol

• 445 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:18

Lewis has brass balls confirmed

#12 Dmitriy_Guller

Dmitriy_Guller

• 6,118 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:26

serious question, why isnt there a maximum weight limit for the car itself? why is it the package that counts and not the car on its own?

To avoid giving a direct weight advantage to lighter drivers?

#13 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,473 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 23:32

Because in that case the driver's own weight is a clear and simple penalty. 

The idea of a combined weight is to open the possibility to even it all out under that minimum weight. Still, having a heavier driver means that you can't place some required ballast -to make up for the minimum weight- at the most advantageous places.

That said, I think that it's all blown out of proportion. We have the same kind of regulations at this moment, just with other figures. Have look a the current grid - I guess Hulk is heavier than Gutierrez, Button is heavier than Perez, Alonso is heavier than Massa. And who's scoring the most points?

Edited by scheivlak, 08 October 2013 - 23:32.

#14 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:10

Hamilton-Rosberg-GP-Korea-2013-fotoshowI

#15 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:17

probably those balls swallowed up a lot of water while hanging in the pools.   ;)

#16 techspeed

techspeed

• 373 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:37

So that heavy drivers aren't at a disadvantage. If the rules gave a maximum weight for the chassis only, then lighter drivers could lap faster than heavier drivers as the total weight would differ depending on how heavy the driver is. By including the drivers weight it means all cars have the same minimum weight, the only disadvantage heavy drivers have is that they have less ballast weight to place around the car to help balance it.

With the new regulations they have increased the overall weight to compensate, but even though no cars have been built yet they have calculated they can't get the chassis more than 65kg lighter than the minimum weight limit, whether that will turn out to be right we won't know until the cars are built.

#17 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope

• 7,911 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:42

You're right there. This is unbelievable. I mean, Mansell and Piquet weighed over 12 stone, yet they managed fine in the 1980s, in the turbo era...

F1 seems to be doing an excellent job of shooting itself in the foot... :mad:

If Mansell just took that bear off his face he wouldn't have had any problems.

#18 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:44

If Mansell just took that bear off his face he wouldn't have had any problems.

What bear?

#19 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope

• 7,911 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:51

What bear?

It turns out I don't have the patience at the moment to Photoshop a bear onto Mansell's face so just know I was referring to that epic moustache.

Advertisement

#20 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:49

Nico Rosberg looks pretty small also.  I would bet they will up the anti for next season.  You don't want health to be a concern.  Course over at RBR, weight has always been a priority, so Newey's new requirements might be down right scary.  Lewis should take heart!

#21 toofast

toofast

• 512 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:07

Nico Rosberg looks pretty small also.  I would bet they will up the anti for next season.  You don't want health to be a concern.  Course over at RBR, weight has always been a priority, so Newey's new requirements might be down right scary.  Lewis should take heart!

Packaging will be key next season. 

http://www.autoweek....02/f1/130909986

#22 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,173 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:26

It turns out I don't have the patience at the moment to Photoshop a bear onto Mansell's face so just know I was referring to that epic moustache.

:up: :rotfl:

#23 KingTiger

KingTiger

• 1,895 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:38

Incredible.

Formula 1 has been a joke for a while now. 

#24 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:09

ok lewis ... you know the procedure, if u wanna cut your balls off, call Ellen Page, she's the best  :o

girl-power-hard-candy.jpg

#25 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:59

Humorous opening post and attention grabbing title but never going to lead to a decent discussion about the driver weights mess.