* * * * * 2 votes

Who are the managers of the drivers?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Questions

Questions

• 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:44

In the current silly season there is much talk about which driver is going where but I was thinking about who is each driver's manager. Does anybody know of a list of managers for F1/GP2/WSR drivers and their connection with teams etc? Of course there is always Googe but it is a really tedious work.

Advertisement

#2 Raven8

Raven8

• 705 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:57

Nicolas Todt . Felipe Massa

Anne neale . Mark Webber

Werner Heinz. Nico Hülkenberg

XIX: Lewis Hamilton

Robertson : Kimi Raikkönen

Manfred Zimmermann : Adrian Sutil

Richard Goddard: Jenson Button

Edited by Raven8, 10 October 2013 - 07:00.

#3 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:59

Eric Boullier & Gravity management        -        Romain grosjean & Gerome D'ambrosio

Richard Goddard -         Paul Di resta

Olivier Panis         -        charles pic            

Toto Wolff             -        Valtteri Bottas

Luis Garcia Abad  -         Fernando Alonso

Max Chilton's Dad  -        Max Chilton           (not 100% sure)

Nicolas Todt          -         jules bianchi 

Himself                  -          Sebastian vettel

Marko Helmut        -         All STR drivers       (link - he manages the junior driver's program)

Jan Paul Ten Hoopen & jeroen Schothorst  - Giedo Van Der Garde

Adrian Fernandez   -       Sergio Perez

the only one i couldn't find was that of Esteban guitterez 

#4 RosannaG

RosannaG

• 1,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:05

Does anybody knows the difference between manager and representative?

http://www.telegraph...o-Briatore.html

And if Autosport is right, Briatore is Webber's manager:

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/109137

#5 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:15

Does anybody knows the difference between manager and representative?

http://www.telegraph...o-Briatore.html

And if Autosport is right, Briatore is Webber's manager:

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/109137

yep, mark webber's manager is Flavio briatore , Ann neal secured mark his first sponsorship when he was 18. 

more about mark and neal ... (good read :up: )

http://au.lifestyle....life-in-the-uk/

#6 RosannaG

RosannaG

• 1,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:21

yep, mark webber's manager is Flavio briatore , Ann neal secured mark his first sponsorship when he was 18. 

more about mark and neal ... (good read :up: )

http://au.lifestyle....life-in-the-uk/

Thanks for the link! 

About Esteban Gutierrez, take a look at this link. It seems that the Slim Family (Carlo in particular) has a lot to do with his management team.

http://www.crash.net...elmex_link.html

#7 Collective

Collective

• 1,524 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 13:41

Adrian Fernandez   -       Sergio Perez

This supposedly changed a few weeks ago, during the Singapore weekend. Sergio hasn't announced anyone new, but Adrian is no longer traveling with him since Monza.

#8 Collective

Collective

• 1,524 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 13:46

Thanks for the link! 

About Esteban Gutierrez, take a look at this link. It seems that the Slim Family (Carlo in particular) has a lot to do with his management team.

http://www.crash.net...elmex_link.html

He is saying exactly the opposite, that unlike Sergio, he doesn't have such deep ties with the Telmex guys. The following sentence is about Pérez, who is entirely an Escuderia Telmex product.

He is right, I think Esteban got Telmex on board in 2009, for the F3 season. In the link he explains he had been with Sauber for a long time (he tested the BMW car at the end of 2009, and then had some sort of "associate driver" role in 2010, reserve role in 2011 and 2012). He had contact with that team (in particular with Thiessen and then Peter Sauber) before Telmex did.

As far as I know Esteban's career is managed by his family. 

Edited by Collective, 10 October 2013 - 13:51.

#9 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 13:57

Eric Boullier & Gravity management        -        Romain grosjean & Gerome D'ambrosio

Toto Wolff & FUND        -        Valtteri Bottas

Nicolas Todt          -         jules bianchi / Felipe Massa / Pastor Maldonado

Himself [Dad]                 -          Sebastian vettel

Marko Helmut        -         All STR drivers       (link - he manages the junior driver's program)

Keke Rosberg - Nico Rosberg

Amir Nasr [Uncle] - Felipe Nasr

#10 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 14:27

his dad??? really???? i'm not so sure about that, got any link ???

#11 Tron

Tron

• 614 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 14:30

Interesting about Vettel.

Does Flavio have ties with any other drivers, like also in GP2?

#12 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 14:31

his dad??? really???? i'm not so sure about that, got any link ???

No, some interview.

#13 OldSoldier2

OldSoldier2

• 144 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 14:44

No, some interview.

I searched Mr. Google for a while and the web seems to agree that Vettel is his own manager. His father is a carpenter.

#14 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 15:18

Maybe a good discussion would be how much does a manager influence drivers career. And could a better manager have found a better career for certain drivers - and then, which one? Just like the question - would a better car enable driver to stand out or would a better strategy enable a driver to get more points? They are all part of the final result as it is.

There is a rumour that both Hulkenberg and Frijns share the same manager, and both are struggling to find a seat. How would their fate be different under the guidance of another man, and how? Would, say, Willi Weber have managed Hulkenberg to beat Raikkonen for the Ferrari seat, and with a good salary to top it?

Edited by sopa, 10 October 2013 - 15:19.

#15 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 15:34

Maybe a good discussion would be how much does a manager influence drivers career. And could a better manager have found a better career for certain drivers - and then, which one? Just like the question - would a better car enable driver to stand out or would a better strategy enable a driver to get more points? They are all part of the final result as it is.

There is a rumour that both Hulkenberg and Frijns share the same manager, and both are struggling to find a seat. How would their fate be different under the guidance of another man, and how? Would, say, Willi Weber have managed Hulkenberg to beat Raikkonen for the Ferrari seat, and with a good salary to top it?

IIRC, willi weber was nico's manager in 2011 and they split, then in 2012, nico split with this then manager Timo Gans and appointed Werner heinz.

However, recently Robin Frinz has announced that he has parted ways with Heinz.

nico splits with weber http://www.crash.net...ager_split.html

nico splits with Gans http://www.motorspor...-timo-gans.html

Frijns splits with Wener http://www.motorspor...-manager-heinz/

#16 heineken2008

heineken2008

• 120 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 15:35

If I can dig it out, I have a old F1Racing with an interview with a very young Vettel explaining why he has no manager 

Have always thought it was a brave move, although, it seems to have worked out for him

He is certainly not the highest paid, but I am sure every dollar he earns, he keeps

#17 Kyo

Kyo

• 1,313 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 15:44

Toto Wolff & FUND        -        Valtteri Bottas

Nicolas Todt          -         jules bianchi / Felipe Massa / Pastor Maldonado

Keke Rosberg - Nico Rosberg

Amir Nasr [Uncle] - Felipe Nasr

I believe Nasr is managed by Robertson (same as Kimi).

#18 Gagá Bueno

Gagá Bueno

• 360 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 16:04

Isn't Flavio Briatore still Alonso's manager? According to reports in the press he was 'head of Alonso's management team" until last week, at least. Anyway, FB seems to know a lot about our Samurai's plans and intentions and is also often reporting about his knowledge...

I think It would be a real pity if such a relationship that's like a 'match made in heaven' would suddenly not exist anymore... :p  

Edited by Gagá Bueno, 10 October 2013 - 16:06.

#19 Racer3

Racer3

• 425 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 16:32

Vettel on managing himself

(interview with The Guardian)

It seems even more surprising that someone as young as Vettel should be the only driver in Formula One to manage himself. "Well, I try to do it," he laughs. "I come from an ordinary family – my dad is a carpenter, a roof-maker – and we've always loved racing together. We never went on holidays. We went karting and even my big sister enjoyed this. She would take my lap times and so we were in racing together. It seemed natural to go this way when I went into Formula One and managed myself – while taking advice from my family and close friends.

"You can have managers who will tell you how great you are. But your family is more honest and we are doing OK. People say, 'Oh, you need a manager to get you into adverts or to make you more money'. But I'm fine. I want to make my own decisions. Sometimes it's funny because, in a negotiation, you can sit at a table with some very experienced people in their sixties. But you soon forget about your age and you do your best."

Has he made any errors as a self-managed driver? "No, I don't regret any step I've taken so far. The problem with Formula One and football is that so much money is involved. Formula One is big business and, unfortunately, everyone is too caught up in his own interests and what ends up in his own pocket. For some people it is just business. And that's a big problem. You can't always say what you'd like to say. But the important thing for me is the racing – and to stay the same person I've always been."

As just one example of Vettel's determined ordinariness he insists that, whenever he watches Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga, he stands anonymously among the fans. "I've never been to a corporate box or a lounge to watch football. I couldn't do that. You want to be with the fans who are singing and shouting. And at half-time I enjoy going down and standing in the queue to get a sausage with everyone else."

Source: The Guardian

Advertisement

#20 Amphicar

Amphicar

• 2,826 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 22:23

Jenson Button & Paul di Resta: The Sports Partnership (a company set up by JB, Richard Goddard & James Williamson)

#21 RosannaG

RosannaG

• 1,121 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 22:49

He is saying exactly the opposite, that unlike Sergio, he doesn't have such deep ties with the Telmex guys. The following sentence is about Pérez, who is entirely an Escuderia Telmex product.

He is right, I think Esteban got Telmex on board in 2009, for the F3 season. In the link he explains he had been with Sauber for a long time (he tested the BMW car at the end of 2009, and then had some sort of "associate driver" role in 2010, reserve role in 2011 and 2012). He had contact with that team (in particular with Thiessen and then Peter Sauber) before Telmex did.

As far as I know Esteban's career is managed by his family. 

I beg your pardon. You are right. I misread the article. Thanks for the clarification.  :up: