* - - - - 1 votes

Sauber, Force India, and McLaren

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LukeFrost17

LukeFrost17

• 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:28

I think Sauber have got a chance of getting 5th place of McLaren in the Constructors Championship because of their recent form.

It would certainly be a big boost in money for them.

Advertisement

#2 Currahee

Currahee

• 596 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:32

The tyre change mid season seems to have helped Sauber and went against Force India.

Interesting end to the season.

#3 Anonymous

Anonymous

• 2,948 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:35

You can't be serious.

#4 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:40

Sauber will likely beat Force India, but McLaren is too far.

They'll remain short just like Force India couldn't quite catch Renault in 2011 and Sauber themselves couldn't beat Mercedes in 2012. Sometimes the ask is just too big, the rival too far ahead and life doesn't go perfectly  - Sauber is not going to score around 15 points in every single race even if they did in Suzuka. This was one of their best days, but they are going to have worse days too.

I think they'd do well to concentrate on Force India, because a couple of bad races and misfortunes could dent Sauber's challenge there too.

Impressive turnaround by the cash-strapped team though. Pity they have such money troubles though and couldn't even pay Hulkenberg, otherwise if I was in the German shoes, I'd be tempted to stay in the team.

#5 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,314 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:52

Sauber going well in recent races. Somehow I still have a feeling Sirotkin won't be racing in taht team next year, but just the third driver for free practice sessions.