Photo

François Cevert

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#101 joe twyman

joe twyman

• 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 10:46

Being only 17 years of age, I did not have the chance to collect people that you are mentioning above. However through swapping etc I have managed to get people such as Siffert, Graham Hill, Masten Gregory, Jochen Rindt, James Hunt, Innes Ireland, Peterson, Pace, Hailwood, Hulme, Revson and Lorenzo Bandini.

I was also lucky enough to be given the autograph book of former Cooper mechanic Douggie Johnson. In there was Fangio, McLaren, Graham Hill, Pedro Rodriguez, Ginther, Rindt, Brabham, Bonnier, Gurney etc.

I also have numerous autographs that I have been able to collect more on photographs mostly supplied by Ted Walker. I have got these at places such as Goodwood, and various Grand Prix. Unfortunately unless you have a paddock pass at a Grand Prix, it is far harder to collect.

My favourite autograph is that of Ayrton Senna. He was my hero from since i can remember. He was staying at the Barcley Hotel in London while testing in (I think) March 1994. We knew the manager (Stefano Sebastiani- who raced Tiga's at Le Mans) and this enabled my brother and I to get signed photos.

Autographs I really need are now getting to be the expensive ones.....To complete a World Champions collection I need Farina, Ascari, Hawthorn and Clark, and other drivers that appeal are people such as Cevert, Nuvolari, Collins etc.

I am very wary of buying such expensive items, because although they would enhance my collection, would they depreciate in ten years time if I ever needed to sell them for whatever reason...

P.s the prices on the autograph gallery are fair, but they never seem to pay half as much if you are selling to them!

Advertisement

#102 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,079 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 22:34

One of the nice features of Cimarosti's Complete history of Grand PrixMotor Racing is the reproductions of autographs right through the book. Not the same as the real thing, but still nice.

#103 Muzza

Muzza

• 799 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 05:45

I am pleased to see Cimarosti books mentioned once again in this forum. Adriano Cimarosti is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated racing writers - besides "The Complete history of Grand Prix Motor Racing ", his book on the Swiss GP is also excellent.

#104 Mawerick

Mawerick

• 79 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 08:27

Someone I know got an interesting book from his parents, "The Book of Australian Motor Racing", printed around 1964/65.
When he opened it, he noticed it had some autographs in it. I envy him. The book has autographs of:
Jack Brabham
Jackie Stewart
Jim Clark
Ian Geoghegan
Bib Stillwell
Frank Gardner
Graham Hill

Funny thing is that his parents didn't even notice the autographs :eek:

#105 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,390 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 14:13

I've got a photo of a McLaren team promotion that they did in 1983 in Zolder, for their sponsor Unipart. My dad worked for a company that also distributed Unipart in Belgium in those days, he got to meet the drivers and had a photo of the McLaren team signed by both Niki Laud and John Watson. The photo features the McLaren with Niki & John standing next to it.

I personally would never do this photo away because of sentimental value, I personally think that a signature means nothing unless it was signed when U were personally there, this way it becomes a nostalgic memory. I've also got photo's signed by Mika Salo, marc Goossens, Mika Häkkinen, David Brabham, Marc Duez, Thierry Boutsen and Jacky Ickx.

#106 tyrrellp34

tyrrellp34

• 430 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 05:25

I have one, but I cannot give it away, sorry! :cool:

#107 Ian McKean

Ian McKean

• 480 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 22:52

I was never into autographs as a boy, always thought there was a connotation of hero-worship involved, which is an idea I do not like. In my old age I have mellowed a bit and I really appreciate the signed drawing of Johnny Cash that a friend gave me a few years ago.

I also appreciate the motor racing autographs that my mother collected for me one day at Goodwood. It must have been about 1955 at the Easter Monday meeting. My mother stopped going to motor races when I was very young and I suppose tickets got expensive, or maybe she thought she should take my sisters somewhere when Dad and I went to Goodwood, so Dad and I went on our own from about then. Anyway, I did not want to miss any of the action so Dad and I went to the outside of the track while Mum volunteered to go to the paddock and get some autographs for me. Perhaps it was because she had bought me an autograph book and it was absolutely empty!

It's been many years since I heard her tell the story, but I think the key points were that the first driver she asked took her round to all the other important people and made them sign too. The first name in the book is Mike Hawthorn so I am sure it was he who was so helpful. My mother must have been about 41 in 1955 but she was still an attractive woman. When they got to Colin Chapman, my mother said she had never heard of him, so Chapman wrote TEAM LOTUS in brackets underneath! As well as Hawthorn and Chapman, she got;

Roy Salvadori
Ron Flockhart
Duncan Hamilton
Ninian Sanderson.

A very brief list compared to Buford's, but not bad for a morning's work!

The only other entry in the book is Innes Ireland from 20th December 1960.

It may be my memory playing tricks on me but (looking at the autograph book for the first time in many years) I was surprised not to find Ken Wharton there, because I am sure my mother used to complain for years afterwards that Ken Wharton had spoilt her fountain pen by pressing too hard.

Perhaps it was Duncan Hamilton, as his signature looks a bit heavy-handed.

#108 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 00:03

Wow - cool story Ian.

#109 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 2,680 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:23

I have Nick Whitings, signed on a picture of his Surtees TS16, 1976. Also a number of the Aurora drivers from early 78. Are these worth anything !!

#110 Pedro 917

Pedro 917

• 1,767 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 19:32

....and what would this be worth?

Posted Image

I collected these autographs in the days prior to the British GP at Silverstone 1973. Autographs are from :

Graham Hill, Roger Williamson, Denis Hulme, John Watson, Peter Revson, David Purley (2x), Niki Lauda, Mike Hailwood, Carlos Reutemann, Chris Amon, Jochen Mass, Mike Beuttler, Carlos Pace, Jackie Stewart, Emerson & Wilson Fittipaldi, Howden Ganley, George Follmer, Clay Regazzoni, François Cevert, James Hunt, John Surtees, Jacky Ickx, Jody Scheckter and Derek Bell.

My brother and I are collecting autographs since 1968 and by now, our collection must be worth a fortune.....

#111 Ian McKean

Ian McKean

• 480 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 21:30

Wow - you've certainly crammed a lot onto one page there Pedro! I wonder if they would be worth more if they were each on separate pages?

Was George Follmer at the British Grand Prix in 1973 or did you get his before that? If he was at the Grand Prix what was he doing there? I was not aware he had raced in the UK.

Ian

#112 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,540 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 21:44

Originally posted by Ian McKean
Was George Follmer at the British Grand Prix in 1973 or did you get his before that? If he was at the Grand Prix what was he doing there? I was not aware he had raced in the UK.

Ian

He was racing his Shadow DN1 in the GP - he qualified 25th but was involved in the 'Scheckter' pile-up and didn't take the restart.

#113 joe twyman

joe twyman

• 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:36

Thats a fantastic piece! :clap: However if all of the autographs were seperate, i.e on autograph book pages the value would be more I would say....I was offered a signed time sheet from a 60's Italian Grand Prix. It was signed by Clark, Hill, McLaren, Hulme, Stewart, Bandini, etc etc etc...I was getting a "deal" @ £1500 and Unfortuately I feel that spending this type of money is unjustified, so I try to swap/sell any spares I have to fund my collection.....the only real money I have spent is on the photos!

#114 Pedro 917

Pedro 917

• 1,767 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 21:22

I have all the autographs separate too, in those days you could easily get them and have a chat with the drivers too.
About Follmer : here he is during practice waiting for some adjustments made on his Shadow. Alan Rees is second from left :

Posted Image

#115 Pedro 917

Pedro 917

• 1,767 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 15:53

Our Cevert autographs :

Posted Image

Posted Image

#116 provapr

provapr

• 37 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 15:44

I think I might have the weirdest autograph / photo combination - an autograph from Piercarlo Ghinzani, on the back of a picture postcard of Johnny Servoz-Gavin in a Matra, (68?) IIRC. It was all I had to hand having bunked into the paddock at the 1987 Italian Grand Prix at Monza!!! Probably worth absolutely nothing but has sentimental value...

#117 Don Capps

Don Capps

• 5,933 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 17:09

Having amply demonstrated Contrarian tendancies from an early age, the whole notion of autographs and collecting them just never struck my fancy. Indeed, due to my near total disinterest in collecting them, I think that was allowed greater lattitude than would have otherwise been the case while haunting the paddocks of Europe and America in the 1950's and 1960's -- I didn't bother anyone, I just watched the mechanics and surveyed the scene (hmmm, I could have been a great mole for DSJ since we could see eye to eye....)

However, for various reasons I have ended up with autographs in most of the few remaining programs I have. In almost every case, I was asked if they could autograph it since I had not any obvious interest in such things. Naturally, I was peering for chassis numbers, quizzing mechanics, and generally keeping an Eye on things, especially later on during the 1960's & 1970's. I was a bit surprised the other day to realize that in one program from an F5000 event that I have Gurney, Posey, Hobbs, Lunger, and others from that event. I guess I have seen them many times, but just paid any attention to them.

As the years have advanced, I have relented a bit is one area -- books. It was great fun to have DCN come up with a few creative things to say when he signed a few of his books for me. Generally, I will get a book signed only if the author is someone I know or like. Any notions of "enhancing" the value of the books makes me ill. Somewhere before it got lost or is still in the debris at my Mom's, I got Mickey Mantle to sign a baseball he fouled at Yankee Stadium. I had read somewhere where the ball became worthless if the player places a personal greeting on the ball. So, I had him put a "To Don..." sort of thing on it. He was a bit surprised. So I also got Roger Maris and Yogi Berra's signatures as well, all with a personal note. Someone I knew who collected baseball "stuff" heard about the ball from my brother and took a look at it. He was shocked that I had tanked the "value" of the ball by having the personal greetings on the ball.

I have always had serious doubts about assigning "value" to things such as autographs. The only true "value" that an autograph could really have is one often mentioned here -- the personal or sentimental value from the experience the autograph reminds us of having.

Or am I still a being from the Second Cohort of the Baby Boomer Generation who just never quite made the transition to Gordon Gekko Group member?

Oh, I do have an autographed picture of Jody Scheckter on the wall -- from 1979 -- which is the only such photograph I have that survived over the years. Sadly, we lost the Alan Kulwicki ones (one in the No. 35 Quincys car and the other in the No. 7 Hooters Underbird)....

#118 Lotus23

Lotus23

• 1,006 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 23:43

Don, like yourself, I never sought out autographs. It was one of those things which ISTR "just wasn't done" by a polite fan in the late fifties/early sixties. In fact, it never really crossed my mind. Though I had plenty of opportunities to do so, it would've seemed sort of "uncool".

As a result, I only ever asked for, and received, one such. Do I regret it? Not really: I treasure the memories of those conversations much more than a scrap of paper.

I have no argument with those who feel otherwise, but it's just one of those things which never floated my boat...

#119 Buford

Buford

• 11,173 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 23:55

Well I stopped getting them around 1966 when I reached 16 or so except on a few photos. All of mine were in an autograph book or in a few cases on a piece of paper I glued into the book later. I am glad I got them now and since I was a kid at the time I can justify not being "cool" until I got to mid teens.

I stopped buying official Indy photos from the photo shop and getting them autographed after 1964 when the only two I bought were Eddie Sachs for myself and Dave Mac Donald for a friend. I thought that was just too erie to ever try again. I did get some my father took autographed after that but we usually gave the drivers photos too and they were happy to autograph ours.

The exception though is I did get some autographs on the program of the Riverside reunion a few months ago. To good to pass up guys like Phil Hill and Dan Gurney and Chuck Daigh etc even though I had gotten their autographs originally 30 years before!

Advertisement

#120 SEdward

SEdward

• 835 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:29

While I agree about the autograph game (I have loads from between 1969 and 1979) being uninteresting and pointless, I simply have to mention that François Cevert had the most astonishing blue eyes...

... as testified by the photo three or four posts earlier.

Edward.

#121 alain001

alain001

• 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 16:36

I own some nice autographs in my collection and I'm ready to sell some of them (just because I've them 2 times)
I've a really nice original color pen artwork with M. Schumacher autograph (beneton area)
Two books one about J. Brabham and the other about J. Surtees. Both are signed.
These books are in French (ma native language, that why my english is so poor!)
and a L. Bandini autograph on a small paper piece.
If someone can be interested, he can contact me to receve more informations and picture.
I also have a G.Hill postcard, a A.Jones and a C. Reggazoni pictures (made by myself) but the three autographs are made with a light blue pencil.
I also have a large selection of pictures I've taken between 1968 and 1980. I hope I can post them soon ( the fotos are on color slide and I need time to transfert them to a computer format)

#122 Teapot

Teapot

• 322 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:43

I took these ones at Monza, last May...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#123 marty8405

marty8405

• 61 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 02:27

I'm new to this board and am glad I found it. This started when I began to transfer my many vcr tapes to dvd and discovered several programs I recorded over the last few years on Team Tyrell and Jackie Stewart. This has gotten me to feel quite nostaligic and I did a search on the internet on Stewart, Tyrell, and Cevert. Its facinating to see whats on the internet and how my view has changed over the years. I was present at Watkins Glen in the early 70's to see Tyrells triumphs and tragedies at the track. In 71 I saw Ceverts only F1 victory, 72 was a dominating Tyrell performance, and 73 was quite surreal. I was 18 years old, sitting in the pit roof stands with my brother that morning. I watched Francois and a girlfriend walking down the pit lane. He was smoking a cigarette and limping a bit if I remember correctly. I watched him the whole way as he walked to his car, prepare to go out for his run, watched him as he passed the pitlane for the last time. I saw the reactions in the pit lane when the news spread. I remember a tribute or moment of silence, I'm not sure as we were so stunned. After the days activities were over we walked to the spot where it happened as did many other fans, I don't exactly know why, maybe we were looking for a reason or to see if it really happened and was not a dream. As I turned away from the spot there was a small sliver of blue fiberglass on the grass, I picked it up and my brother freaked out, telling me to put it back, and I did. My brother wanted to go home but I talked him out of it. I have many photographs of that weekend and they are priceless to me. I sometimes think how priveleged I've been to have seen the things I have, 31 years later I still feel the same sadness and emptyness I did that day, and after learning more about the man and the team I feel even more sad.......what might have been if not for that fateful day. In many ways its wonderful to look back on that time period, the spectacle, the men, it was a different world then. Thank God its much safer now, we can only hope no other drivers suffer the same fate as Francois Cevert. I'm not really sure where I'm going with all this, I just wanted to share a few thoughts. Thanks all.

Rich Martin

#124 Rob29

Rob29

• 3,118 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:42

Welcome Marty,looks like you joined today. If you go to the search function you will find an extensive thread on Francois.

#125 Eric McLoughlin

Eric McLoughlin

• 1,622 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:59

I hope you enjoy yourself here. I've been a regular since 1999 and continue to learn all sorts of new stuff.

#126 Updraught

Updraught

• 47 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 21:55

Welcome Marty, I am certain you will enjoy this site!

I too was at The Glen that day - also 18 years old, with my brother in the Pit Roof seats, and had been at the '71 USGP (my first GP) to see Francois Cevert's win.

After that fateful session had ended at noon, we were not certain exactly what had happened. After leaving our seats, while walking through the paddock, we overheard Carlos Pace (then driving for Surtees) telling the person walking with him in a mix of Portugese and English that "Francois was probably dead". His matter-of-fact manner illustrated to me the reality which the drivers of that time had to face virtually every time they went out in a car.

Sadly, Carlos was also lost a few years later (albeit in a plane accident).

#127 RX-7

RX-7

• 304 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:23

Welcome Marty! I too am a veteran of that fateful race... having been to my first Glen outing in 72 and seeing the Tyrrell's wonderful 1-2 finish. Naturally being only 9 (my half brother religiously took me with him to the U.S.G.P.'s during the 70's) I was an instant J.Y.S./F.C. fan. So the next year was my first experience with the death of a hero...Very traumatic...Especially since Tyrrell bowed out for race day. It was the blow that drove it home.
BTW, please don't use some of the forum members as a barometer for the forum in general. Some comments are uncalled for, as well as in bad taste...Sometimes they can be rather pompous too.
Welcome and enjoy the wonderful people here,you might be quite shocked to see who drops in!
Cheers!

#128 AAA-Eagle

AAA-Eagle

• 928 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 19:37

Originally posted by tyrrellp34
It was today 30 years ago, when a young guy from Paris apeared at the Glen to drive the last race of the 1973 F1 season. He thought, that the following year would be HIS year even with a team-mate he didn't want to have.

So, in October 6th, 1973 we lost Francois Cevert "le petit prince de la vitesse"

Today is one year more since Francois' last day; the same as for Helmuth Koinigg :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bad day :(...

#129 Olivier Favre

Olivier Favre

• 37 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 20:52

Thanks AAA-Eagle for having a thought of François.

When I think of that fateful day, I'm a 7 year old boy again and I mourn for my lost hero. :cry:

At least, I see in TNF that he's still alive for many people and that's a comforting thought.

#130 fuz

fuz

• 106 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 21:13

Yes 31 Years since Cevert was tragically killed and 30 years since Koinigg had his horrific accident at the Glen.

How time flies....

#131 Muzza

Muzza

• 799 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 21:15

Jamais oublié.

#132 Marc

Marc

• 87 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 21:37

François Cevert entered the legend for all impassioned motorsport!

#133 marty8405

marty8405

• 61 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 00:55

I was there that day 31 years ago.....time hasn't diminished the event. Hope you are driving fast through the heavens Francois.

Rich

#134 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:54

I was travelling as a passenger to Snetterton - for my last visit, as it happens - when I heard the news. I was devastated, and left me in a semi-trance for the rest of the day. As has already been mentioned; how time flies...

Motor racing's very own Prince Charming will never be forgotten.

#135 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 17:59

Posted on behalf of SEdward (who's having pc problems) a photo of two of his favourite drivers...

Posted Image

#136 tonicco

tonicco

• 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 10:37

Originally posted by dolomite

OK, this is the one I was on about. I've also seen a large colour print of it at some point, which looked stunning. From Autosport 16 December 1976:

Posted Image

Can you try to remember where did you saw that colour print - please ;)

The pic looks absolutely stunning, and I would like to check a better copy.

btw - the pic caption is also wonderful...

#137 eerovond

eerovond

• 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:34

I was there that day, and to this fifteen year-old with stars in his eyes, it would become the worst day of my life.

I had spent the morning in the Kendall Garage with my Father, leaning on the chest-high chainlink fence watching the mechanics working on the cars and hoping for a glimpse of the drivers. I was pressed by the crowd against the Tyrrell fence and was not about to give up my space. I was riveted trying to commit every curve, every bolt of the 006 to my memory. There was "Uncle Ken" in the corner studying a clipboard chatting with the mechanics and then up walked this tall elegant and very charismatic young man with a beaming smile. I cannot explain his presence other than to say that he was one of those people with that certain glow that made everyone around him a mere mortal. He leaned over to hear Ken above the din and looking up, just a few feet from me shot a smile, a silent, "Hey. Kid"

As practise started, we moved out onto the new loop and sat on the hillside watching the cars stream past, and then a few motored by slowly and then silence. The PA address made the awfull announcement that Cevert had crashed. We wandered slowly back toward our campsite beyond the old Start-Finish Straight and came upon the accident site at the top of the Esses. The wreckage had been cleared, and the crews were franticly trying to repair the Armco. As we watched, the PA announcement was made, "Cevert had died, may we have a moment of silence".

Francois est Mort, and silent tears streamed down my face.

The next morning, we walked along the track to the top of the hill and saw the simple memorial in the dusty gravel behind the rail that had cost his life. A large cross had been laid out on the ground from the largest stones in in the gravel and rain had not yet washed away the blood and the motor oil from the spot. I wept again amid the silent crowd that had gathered and continued to come to say goodbye.

Thanks to everyone who has posted such lovely memories of that star who shot across the heavens all too briefly.

#138 dolomite

dolomite

• 952 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 16:37

Originally posted by tonicco

Can you try to remember where did you saw that colour print - please ;)

The pic looks absolutely stunning, and I would like to check a better copy.

btw - the pic caption is also wonderful...

I think I saw it on display in public somewhere, possibly at a motor show or something. I don't think that helps you much, sorry!
Perhaps you could try asking the Guild of Motoring Writers or Kodak UK if they still have a copy?

#139 tonicco

tonicco

• 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 16:58

Originally posted by dolomite

I think I saw it on display in public somewhere, possibly at a motor show or something. I don't think that helps you much, sorry!
Perhaps you could try asking the Guild of Motoring Writers or Kodak UK if they still have a copy?

Thanks for the reply, Dolomite.

I'll try to follow your tips. I'll also get in contact with a Swiss pal of mine, to see if he can reach Carl Imber. I've used Google, but I didn't get to understand if Imber is still alive... on the other hand, I've found a interesting Seppi page that I wasn't aware of...

Advertisement

#140 Keir

Keir

• 5,226 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 17:22

A much delayed post.

I was unable to attend the 73 GP, cell phones and the like were not yet on the horizon, so I couldn't speak with my friends who were attending the race, so I called Mal Currie, who gave me the bad news. I was so in shock that I asked if anyone else had been injured, Mal, being the professional, asked me to keep the news to myself. I did.

Later that evening I spoke with Chris Amon, who gave me a clue as to the probable cause of the accident. Chris , Jackie and Ken Tyrrell met later on to discuss the probabilty of racing the next day and promptly decided to withdraw.

My feelings being very abstract are that Cevert was in a position where he deeply had something to prove. Jackie was being very careful that weekend as his retirement loomed directly after the race. Chris was driving the 005 Tyrrell with bits and pieces of the 006 suspension bolted on and the car had been hastily coverted back from a side rad configuration that he drove in Canada, so he wasn't about to push the limits of a racecar that didn't suit his style.

That left Francois as the spearhead of the Tyrrell effort and I just think he was pushing it a bit too far and he paid the ultimate price.

It was and still remains a sad day!

#141 bschenker

bschenker

• 486 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 19:36

I think this is his address:

Carl Imber
Photograph
Wahlstr. 119
4247 Grindel
Switzerland
Tel. 0041 61 761 56 36
Cel. 0041 79 322 38 74

#142 tonicco

tonicco

• 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 20:37

Originally posted by bschenker
I think this is his address:

Carl Imber
Photograph
Wahlstr. 119
4247 Grindel
Switzerland
Tel. 0041 61 761 56 36
Cel. 0041 79 322 38 74

Thanks! :up:

I had come to that same info in one of the my searches (http://www.visarte-s...n/F_Imber_C.htm), but I somehow ignored it... :|

Next - get a nice pic copy... ;)

#143 bretonbanquet

bretonbanquet

• 56 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 14:14

Hi Marty, thanks for posting your piece. I for one greatly enjoyed reading it, and since I was only 8 months old at the time of Francois' death, I have no first-hand recollection of it! It's this kind of personal flashback that makes TNF great, in my opinion. :)

#144 Dave Ware

Dave Ware

• 747 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 16:37

Regarding the limp, Francois had hurt his ankles in the previous GP, at Mosport. According to his autobiography, they were still giving him trouble on his last morning. So your memory is most probably correct.

Thanks for the post.

Dave

#145 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 18:03

All posts regarding the sorry saga of earlier today have been removed.

This is all you need to know:

CevertInBlue1973 last visit : 2004-10-25 20:46:10

FrancoisAce join date : 2004-10-25 21:04:08

Please - no more posts on the matter on this, or any other, TNF thread. Should you wish to comment on such behaviour (or whatever you want to call it) may I direct you to The Paddock Club.

#146 Stefan Schmidt

Stefan Schmidt

• 721 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 17:40

I am not sure, where it was, but maybe it was in Spain, Barcelona 1973, when in my point of view the most exiting photo in motorracing was made. It Shows Cevert jumping over a small hill.

Does one of you can help me to find it?

#147 FrankB

FrankB

• 2,602 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 17:51

I'm not sure exactly where, but I am sure the picture was posted in one of the photo threads currently running in TNF within the last couple of weeks.

Stunning image isn't it?

#148 AAA-Eagle

AAA-Eagle

• 928 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 18:00

Yes, Spain 1973

#149 FrankB

FrankB

• 2,602 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 18:13

Originally posted by AAA-Eagle
Yes, Spain 1973