- - - - -

In-Car Video: Camaro Z/28 on the Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,717 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:26

Because you guys like in-car video and telemetry so much... Camaro Z/28 in the wet. 

Discuss and critique in your usual harsh manner. 

Video: a lap of the Nürburgring in the 2014 Camaro Z/28 |  Mac's Motor City Garage.com 

x3d.JPG

Advertisement

#2 Catalina Park

Catalina Park

• 6,772 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:25

What sort of stupid arsed race track has right hand bends? (is that harsh enough?)

#3 Canuck

Canuck

• 2,388 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:27

Car sounds good. The G plotter had the side-to-side backwards to my way of thinking - if the dot moves forward under breaking and rearward under acceleration, surely it should mve to the left in a right corner and right in a left corner (all of those being the direction you're pushed).

I feel like growing a mullet when I look at them now. A bit Frank-the-Tank somehow.

Edited by Canuck, 16 October 2013 - 01:28.

#4 Greg Locock

Greg Locock

• 6,363 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:59

Not really wet was it? (and fair enough).

Interesting watching the GG meter in one corner, it tracks around from braking to cornering almost perfectly.

#5 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,061 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:21

I was a bit surprised about the open exhaust. Unlike GM. Actually on the bumps and twists it sounds like it is a carby engine with the float jumping up and down. It needs some understeer dialled out. Plus the driver was not super smooth to flow some of those corners. Jerk it in, either make it push in or loose out. But quite fast on a damp track that would not inspire any confidence.
A bit faster than a blonde in a Transit Van!! Or a Taxi!

#6 carlt

carlt

• 4,169 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 19:10

I recon they've done that a few times before