- - - - -

The 1957 Chevrolet Stock Car Competition Guide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,703 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:11

Here's a cult classic... this book was originally published by Chevrolet in April 1957 and sent out to 411 of its dealers.  Essentially, it's an assembly manual for the '57 Chevy Black Widow NASCAR racer -- a 150 Business Coupe with 283 CID fuel-injected engine and some special modifications, which are described in detail. 

Fascinating stuff, including how roll bars were installed back in those days, etc. Anyway, the entire 24-page manual is digitally reprinted here for reading and downloading. 

The 1957 Chevrolet Stock Car Competition Guide | Mac's Motor City Garage.com 

13ll.jpg

Advertisement

#2 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,703 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 15:07

Check out the mounting of the roll bar main hoop. Maybe it's just me but I find this stuff fascinating -- they were still sorting it all out. 

3nig.jpg

#3 Greg Locock

Greg Locock

• 6,353 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 00:57

was there a reason why you put each page as a separate jpg? I can bundle it up as a single pdf if you like.

#4 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,703 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:46

was there a reason why you put each page as a separate jpg? I can bundle it up as a single pdf if you like.

Couple of reasons -- hosting, etc. If anyone would like a pdf, drop me a line.

A virtual book format would be ideal for this sort of material but I haven't found one I like yet. And to be honest, I don't know how often I would use it.