New game from FlatOut studio

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tapio

Tapio

• 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:11

Hello,

I'm a developer at Bugbear and thought someone here might be interested in our new game which mixes full contact racing and demolition derby. We have a rather cool dynamic damage system as well as a little different upgrade system. We are currently running a kickstarter campaign where there is plenty of more info, videos etc. If you see what you like, consider pitching in and if you have questions, feel free to ask here. :)

14.jpg2.jpg

Advertisement

#2 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:48

will it mod? :D

Yours sincerely, wrighty on behalf of UKSOM (an active modding group currently invloved in full-contact racing mods for rFactor :) )

#3 Tapio

Tapio

• 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 14:17

We'd very much like to support modding, but we haven't yet planned that in detail and as such I cannot make promises. Much also depends on how the kickstarter goes what is the stuff that the community is most vocal about.

#4 karlth

karlth

• 16,290 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 23:27

Looks great!

#5 Tapio

Tapio

• 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:59

Checkout some gameplay racing footage:

#6 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:29

Out of topic, but Tapio:

Could you give tips or Bugbear team make a patch for Rally Trophy (2001) so it would work with (64) Windows 7 without crashing (not meaning car crashing, it's up to driver). I also would like to get all special stages unlocked even for easy level. I'd like to take my Mini at Switzerland and battle against Saabs and Volvos.

#7 Tapio

Tapio

• 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 15:34

Out of topic, but Tapio:

Could you give tips or Bugbear team make a patch for Rally Trophy (2001) so it would work with (64) Windows 7 without crashing (not meaning car crashing, it's up to driver). I also would like to get all special stages unlocked even for easy level. I'd like to take my Mini at Switzerland and battle against Saabs and Volvos.

Unfortunately this is out of our hands. We don't own RT, the publisher does. Or it did until it went bankrupt and the rights were sold somewhere.

#8 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:53

Seems like this project was cancelled. Or maybe delayed?

#9 Tapio

Tapio

• 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 19:26

Kickstarter didn't pan out, but the development continues and we are now back to accepting pre-orders (and need your support more than ever!). This time you'll get a playable tech sneak peek right away, check out the trailer below:

Edited by Tapio, 25 November 2013 - 19:28.

#10 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,966 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:20

Kickstarter didn't pan out, but the development continues and we are now back to accepting pre-orders (and need your support more than ever!). This time you'll get a playable tech sneak peek right away, check out the trailer below:

Saw that DanNerdCubed did a video on this, I hope that will help you out massively.

I remember playing the first FlatOut game (and recently bought the pack on steam), thinking I've never come so close to a rallycross game, or more like a bilcross/folkrace/whatever you call it in Finland - game.

I'm secretly hoping for this to be a huge success and then, there will be an RX game sometime in the future :love:

Edited by Myrvold, 30 December 2013 - 04:20.

#11 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,122 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:05

The physics and damage models look amazing!

#12 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,966 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:47

And with well over 500k views, I guess that DanNerdCubed (OfficialNerdCubed on youtube) helped out the game quite a bit! :) he was massively positive! :)