Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

LMP1 participant discussion for Le Mans 2014

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

Poll: ? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win the 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours overall?

1. Audi Sport Team Joest (26 votes [49.06%])

Percentage of vote: 49.06%

2. Porsche Team (14 votes [26.42%])

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

3. Toyota Racing (13 votes [24.53%])

Percentage of vote: 24.53%

4. Rebellion Racing (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Lotus/Kodewa (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Non-LMP1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Who will win the 2014 FIA WEC LMP1-H championship title?

1. Audi Sport Team Joest (31 votes [58.49%])

Percentage of vote: 58.49%

2. Porsche Team (11 votes [20.75%])

Percentage of vote: 20.75%

3. Toyota Racing (11 votes [20.75%])

Percentage of vote: 20.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 14:52

It could if they're planning to pull out of Le Mans in the very near future and that there won't be any major new designs from them...

Doubtful as they locked the naming scheme in early 2012 IIRC

Advertisement

#52 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 15:07

It could if they're planning to pull out of Le Mans in the very near future and that there won't be any major new designs from them...

From what i've read, the R18 is a major new design. The 2014 R18, i mean.

#53 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,681 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 22:27

Does the number 18 have any special significance for Audi, or is it just coincidence?

#54 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • In the running for best OP of 2014

• 3,278 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:22

Just found out f#%king ACO went and killed off my favourite P1. Good job, guys. :rolleyes:

#55 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 15:03

Just found out f#%king ACO went and killed off my favourite P1. Good job, guys. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about?

Anyway, with Audi still choosing to test at Sebring, it is sad to have P1s circulating Sebring but unable to race there. Blah for NASCAR for preventing 12h participation, and blah for ACO and FIA for not allowing WEC to race on anything - bar LM - but tilkedromes. But it's good to see Audi still trusting classic tracks for testing

#56 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 15:40

So the difference between this:

AudiR182014-1.jpg

and this:

AudiR18EtronQuattro2013renders-3.jpg

constitutes 'killing a car' for you? Holy hyperbole, Batman.

#57 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,278 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:09

constitutes 'killing a car' for you? Holy hyperbole, Batman.

Sorry, guys--should've made myself clearer.

Because of this:

In other rules adjustments, open-top LMP1 cars are now banned, and drivers' seating positions will be raised and windscreen sizes increased to improve visibility. The cars' width will also be reduced by 100mm, and wheel tethers and rear crash boxes will be introduced.

Sourced.

This:

PLM12_6_Muscle_Milk_HPD_Lucas_Luhr.jpg

Will no longer be running. After NASCAR put the kibosh on LMP1 in the US, I figured I'd at least still get to hear this car when the WEC came to town in Texas. Apparently not, thanks to the open-cockpit ban and then this.

The LMP2 ARX's still sound okay (kind of like spaceships), but nothing like the V8s that were in the back of the LMP1 Hondas--the only engine note that's ever given me chills since the F1 V10's died off. Absolutely amazing sounds in person.

Does that clear things up?

#58 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,524 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:16

Anyway, with Audi still choosing to test at Sebring, it is sad to have P1s circulating Sebring but unable to race there. Blah for NASCAR for preventing 12h participation, and blah for ACO and FIA for not allowing WEC to race on anything - bar LM - but tilkedromes. But it's good to see Audi still trusting classic tracks for testing

And Silverstone, and Interlagos, and Spa...

#59 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:19

Technically speaking you may (but just may) still see open top P1s next year as grandfathered 2013 models will still be allowed to run for one year period... not that it seems likely that any team goes that route but it's possible. Level 5 has hinted about a remote possibility of running ex Rebellion Lola or HPD..

LMP2s can still be open or coupe. Okay it's not really the most exciting class ever, particularly in it's current pro-am cost cap format, but you know.

Advertisement

#60 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:22

Because of this:

Sourced.

This:

Will no longer be running. After NASCAR put the kibosh on LMP1 in the US, I figured I'd at least still get to hear this car when the WEC came to town in Texas. Apparently not, thanks to the open-cockpit ban and then this.

The LMP2 ARX's still sound okay (kind of like spaceships), but nothing like the V8s that were in the back of the LMP1 Hondas--the only engine note that's ever given me chills since the F1 V10's died off. Absolutely amazing sounds in person.

Oh. Ok. Yea, i understand that one. Really thought you were talking about the Audi, sorry.

Edited by dau, 09 December 2013 - 17:22.

#61 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:23

And Silverstone, and Interlagos, and Spa...

Sorry for bad wording, as in FIA Grade 1 tracks (except LM).

Though, for me word Tilkedrome has become a synonyme of tracks with extensive amount of asphalt runoff and sanitized profile. As all of those three tracks, especially the European ones have suffered this fate, I sort of just call them tilkedromes even if Hermann's office wasn't involved

Edited by SonnyViceR, 09 December 2013 - 17:24.

#62 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,278 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:28

Oh. Ok. Yea, i understand that one. Really thought you were talking about the Audi, sorry.

It's all right. :) Tough times as a Honda supporter in sportscar racing over the past few years. Every time they make an awesome LMP1, either the company cuts funding for it (ARX-02a) or the rules rug gets pulled out from underneath them (ARX-02a w/4.0L V8 and ARX-03a/c w/open tops). :drunk:

#63 Option1

Option1

• 13,094 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:30

Odd, I'd thought that open tops had already been banned this year.  Anyway, it's hardly recent news.  However, yes it is a shame that Honda/Acura won't be playing in LMP1.

Neil

#64 muramasa

muramasa

• 2,994 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:32

Never liked open top 2 seater. Are there any reasonable reasons to not make LMP cars center sitting single seater? With narrower bodywork to be introduced, why not go for it, I'd think.

#65 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,141 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:36

The Rebellion Toyota and factory Toyota TS030 sounds really nice to me. This year was my first time at Le Mans and the Rebellion had the edge of them sound wise

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ncYZrsJxemY

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Xn_83cNFMBA

#66 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:36

Odd, I'd thought that open tops had already been banned this year.  Anyway, it's hardly recent news.  However, yes it is a shame that Honda/Acura won't be playing in LMP1.

Neil

HPD isn't leaving P1, just their open tops won't be legal next year (unless grandfathered). They'll have coupe solution coming up, though a bit late in development...

Also, didn't you watch ALMS or Le Mans this year? Pickett and Strakka had their open cars still in use

#67 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:37

Never liked open top 2 seater. Are there any reasonable reasons to not make LMP cars center sitting single seater? With narrower bodywork to be introduced, why not go for it, I'd think.

Because then they wouldn't be sports cars anymore... at least that's what they keep telling to us

#68 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,279 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:55

I say they should be capable of safely accommodating both their drivers for a special formation lap, then the driver who isn't starting the race exits the passenger seat in the pits and the car goes out for the start proper. No need to take all three drivers for LM though. Sportscars should be two seaters, not family saloons.

Edited by PayasYouRace, 09 December 2013 - 17:56.

#69 Option1

Option1

• 13,094 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:20

HPD isn't leaving P1, just their open tops won't be legal next year (unless grandfathered). They'll have coupe solution coming up, though a bit late in development...

Also, didn't you watch ALMS or Le Mans this year? Pickett and Strakka had their open cars still in use

Shee-it, I'm lucky if I can remember yesterday.  So much motorsport, the year ends up passing in a blur.  Or that might be caused by alcohol.  ;)

Neil

#70 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,524 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:38

The Rebellion Toyota and factory Toyota TS030 sounds really nice to me. This year was my first time at Le Mans and the Rebellion had the edge of them sound wise

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ncYZrsJxemY

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Xn_83cNFMBA

I'd agree... at Silverstone the Rebellion cars sounded sans par to anything on the track, especially when blipping down to go through Copse! I have to say though that my first experience of the Audi whoosh was nearly as impressive... it's that ominous lack of a roaring engine and the air tearing around the car that creates a magical aura round those cars.

#71 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,524 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:40

They're not looking to run the program themselves though, which is why losing Strakka and Pickett was a big loss for them. I hope they can find a new partner team, because I've always liked the Wirth HPD cars and I think their impressive aero is somewhat wasted on LMP2.

#72 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,278 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:58

I'd agree... at Silverstone the Rebellion cars sounded sans par to anything on the track, especially when blipping down to go through Copse! I have to say though that my first experience of the Audi whoosh was nearly as impressive... it's that ominous lack of a roaring engine and the air tearing around the car that creates a magical aura round those cars.

The Rebellion cars were quite something. We were treated to this on the grid at Road Atlanta this year--was something similar done at Silverstone? (Not my video, by the way--but I am just out of frame on the left near the front of the car. :p)

The R18 is pretty special, as well; I was at Sebring the first time I heard it, and boy was I not expecting what I heard: nothing. :lol: The best part is when the drivers step on it really hard and black smoke comes pouring out the back--it looks space-age right up until then, lol.

Still, my vote for best-sounding car goes to the HPD's V8. I could hear that thing coming all the way down the hill at turn 12 before it even got near my station at turn 2 during the Petit Le Mans this year, and would usually always be able to pick it out of a crowd for a blue just by the sound. Shame it's likely gone for good, now.

#73 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 16:41

They're not looking to run the program themselves though, which is why losing Strakka and Pickett was a big loss for them. I hope they can find a new partner team, because I've always liked the Wirth HPD cars and I think their impressive aero is somewhat wasted on LMP2.

Well yes HPD has never been looking to run anything on their own, hence sitting on the privateer cabinet...

As impressive as their open tops have been, the lack of support for their customers teams has sort of been an issue all along. Almost ancient Lolas still beating their asses.

Favourite HPD moments of mine both go to Sebring, first 09 race (overall pole in front of factory diesels) and Sebring 11, with Highcroft getting super impressive run and finishing only behind the winning Oreca Pug.

#74 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,524 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 17:01

The Rebellion cars were quite something. We were treated to this on the grid at Road Atlanta this year--was something similar done at Silverstone? (Not my video, by the way--but I am just out of frame on the left near the front of the car. :p)

The R18 is pretty special, as well; I was at Sebring the first time I heard it, and boy was I not expecting what I heard: nothing. :lol: The best part is when the drivers step on it really hard and black smoke comes pouring out the back--it looks space-age right up until then, lol.

Still, my vote for best-sounding car goes to the HPD's V8. I could hear that thing coming all the way down the hill at turn 12 before it even got near my station at turn 2 during the Petit Le Mans this year, and would usually always be able to pick it out of a crowd for a blue just by the sound. Shame it's likely gone for good, now.

Unfortunately I was not around for the startups before the race, as me and my friend got into the circuit just as the race was starting and the cars were charging into Abbey... I blame the hordes of travelling football fans causing big queues for the toilet at our 'quick' food and toilet stop.

We didn't get to hear much of the HPD V8 either as the Strakka car retired quite early in the race... was a nice sound though if not as good as the Toyota V8's IMO.

This is some of the only video I took at Silverstone (the rest were just photos, the wind made taking any decent amount of video a bit useless) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4l8Zxa10pFs

#75 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,524 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 20:13

Mark Webber tested the new Porsche at Portimao recently... couple of pics here http://www.motorspor...e-13121006.html

#76 Option1

Option1

• 13,094 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 21:05

Cool!  As much as I'm an Audi fan, I like that swirly paintjob on the Porsche.  Sort of like the old Pink Pig on really bad acid.

Neil

#77 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,524 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 22:20

Can't say I'm a fan of the Pink Pig... my favourite 917 was the psychedelic Martini car

2006FOS_1970Porsche917L.jpg

Edited by DanardiF1, 10 December 2013 - 22:20.

#78 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:36

Cool!  As much as I'm an Audi fan, I like that swirly paintjob on the Porsche.  Sort of like the old Pink Pig on really bad acid.

Neil

You do realize it's only temporary to hide out the details?

GM is using the same exact one for Corvette C7.R

Edited by SonnyViceR, 11 December 2013 - 09:40.

#79 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 15:12

... and Audi

jnnkjjnkjn.png

Corvette is also running in the same exact Sebring private test with the same camouflage

http://www.corvetteb...est-at-sebring/

Advertisement

#80 Option1

Option1

• 13,094 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 16:36

Yes I do realize that, just think it suits the Porsche better than the Audi or <spit>Corvette</spit> :)

And yeh, Dan.  I wasn't a great fan of the Pink Pig, it's just what sprang immediately to mind, although I did enjoy the humour of it.  My fav 917's were (probably predictably) the Gulf or Martini paintjobs.

Neil

Edited by Option1, 11 December 2013 - 16:38.

#81 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 18:56

<spit>Corvette</spit> :)

tumblr_lymo44_ILSe1qd5tdto5_250.gif

#82 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 19:29

Okay folks, it's all sort of shambles right now but if we were to make some educated (and not so educated) guesses about the grid line up in P1 for next year RIGHT NOW, based on whatever, what would you say... we can all laugh at these in few months time.

Mine's

Audi Sport Team Joest (Full WEC) - officially confirmed

Audi Sport Team Joest (Full WEC) - officially confirmed

Audi Sport Team Joest (Spa+LM)

Porsche AG (Full WEC) - officially confirmed

Porsche AG (Full WEC) - officially confirmed

Porsche AG (Spa+LM)

Toyota Racing (Full WEC) - officially confirmed

Toyota Racing (Full WEC) - officially confirmed

Rebellion Racing (Full WEC) - officially confirmed

Rebellion Racing (Full WEC) - officially confirmed

OAK Racing (Spa+LM)

Perrinn in house or with some hoax-Pescarolo colloboration (LM)

Porsche has said nothing about third car but since it's a VW brand and takes this thing actually seriously unlike some makes, I think they'll pull it off. However I don't believe in Toyota's third car despite the suggested rumours - but I will be happy if proven wrong!

Edited by SonnyViceR, 11 December 2013 - 19:30.

#83 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,524 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:10

Mine would be mostly the same...

Can't see Toyota running 3 cars when 2 seems to be the maximum their budget from Japan allows them to be competitive with. I'd love to see them run an all-Japanese car like they did in the late 90's, it would give some of their frankly excellent SuperGT stable a chance of some more international exposure.

Can't see Porsche running a 3rd car for Le Mans when their driver pool is currently looking at 6 LMP drivers and then the rest working on the various GT programs, works and customer. Possibly in the future...

Audi will run 3 for Le Mans and Spa as normal, was reasonably impressed with the Di Grassi/Jarvis/Gene combination this year so they have a good enough driver pool to pull it off.

Rebellion will most likely stick to one car this year, and depending on how the early pre-season development goes and their performance at Silverstone and Spa, maybe a tentative 2nd car for Le Mans.

Perrinn needs a partner team to get their car on the grid... I suspect they were aiming to get someone like Strakka but as their plans shifted to P2 and the more proven Dome chassis they lost out on someone experienced enough to run a serious P1 effort in the WEC. The only other outfit I could see them linking up with is Alpine, but that depends on where Renault and Caterham want to take the brand... I don't see them wanting to run around in a thinly disguised Oreca for too much longer if they are really serious about getting the brand some decent exposure in racing again.

OAK Racing are a good little outfit, I like what Jacques Nicolet is doing with the team... this Ligier link-up seems quite exciting and I look forward to seeing what they can bring to P1... They are professional enough to be taken as seriously as Rebellion IMO.

#84 Option1

Option1

• 13,094 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:13

I agree with Dan.  I think first go round, Porsche will stick to 2 cars at Le Mans, but am happy to be proven wrong.

Neil

#85 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 570 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:33

Because of this:

Sourced.

This:

PLM12_6_Muscle_Milk_HPD_Lucas_Luhr.jpg

The LMP1 and LMP2 Acuras (starting with the ARX01b) had a sort of muffler that I never liked. The very first ARX engine in the 01A at Sebring in 2007 was very raw and had a great note, listen towards the end of this vid-

I think the Porsches and Acuras were breaking track sound limits in places like Mosport, so they had to muzzle the beasts. Same for the LMP1 Aston, which had a great noise but about 30 dB too quiet.

This is how LMP1 cars should sound, no way for me to hear that first bit of the TS010 and not get goosebumps-

Yea, I had too much fun watching those. I'll stop.

#86 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,524 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:34

That TS010 was literally an F1 car with Group C bodywork wasn't it? Wonderful car.

#87 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 15:49

Mine would be mostly the same...

Can't see Toyota running 3 cars when 2 seems to be the maximum their budget from Japan allows them to be competitive with. I'd love to see them run an all-Japanese car like they did in the late 90's, it would give some of their frankly excellent SuperGT stable a chance of some more international exposure.

Can't see Porsche running a 3rd car for Le Mans when their driver pool is currently looking at 6 LMP drivers and then the rest working on the various GT programs, works and customer. Possibly in the future...

Audi will run 3 for Le Mans and Spa as normal, was reasonably impressed with the Di Grassi/Jarvis/Gene combination this year so they have a good enough driver pool to pull it off.

Rebellion will most likely stick to one car this year, and depending on how the early pre-season development goes and their performance at Silverstone and Spa, maybe a tentative 2nd car for Le Mans.

Perrinn needs a partner team to get their car on the grid... I suspect they were aiming to get someone like Strakka but as their plans shifted to P2 and the more proven Dome chassis they lost out on someone experienced enough to run a serious P1 effort in the WEC. The only other outfit I could see them linking up with is Alpine, but that depends on where Renault and Caterham want to take the brand... I don't see them wanting to run around in a thinly disguised Oreca for too much longer if they are really serious about getting the brand some decent exposure in racing again.

OAK Racing are a good little outfit, I like what Jacques Nicolet is doing with the team... this Ligier link-up seems quite exciting and I look forward to seeing what they can bring to P1... They are professional enough to be taken as seriously as Rebellion IMO.

I'm not sure if the lack of factory Porsche drivers is an indication of whether or not there is third entry but we'll see

Rebellion has confirmed two cars for full year. Second chassis won't be complete for HTTT official test sessions but hopefully for Silverstone.

It was Perrinn itself that suggested the idea of running the car in-house (somehow) if they didn't find customer ream to run it.

OAK is as good privateer team as it gets, but with the cost of P1 and the huge load of programs in LMP2 (WEC, States, Europe and Asia) plus the development of LMP3, I find it unlikely that they'll do full year in P1. But hopefully they'll be there to challenge Rebellion

#88 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,141 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 22:19

Nissan looking to go aggresive with it's 201LMP1 project

http://www.carmagazi...udi-and-Toyota/

#89 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 15:04

Nissan looking to go aggresive with it's 201LMP1 project

http://www.carmagazi...udi-and-Toyota/

There is no Nissan 2015 LMP1 project. While that article is a bit more informative than the usual PR nonsense that comes out of Darren Coxe's mouth, you can actually see that mr Palmer here is still repeating the same line: IF THE ACO DOES WHAT WE WANT, WE WILL BE THERE. It's lobbying, nothing more. GREAT if they actually will be there in 2015 (although it would be lame if ACO messed up the rules* just that they could have Nissan in) but don't hold your breath...

Also this line:

‘We have an active programme now -- Nismo [Nissan Motorsports] races in Japanese Super GT, GT3, GT1, we have LMP2 engines, and we have LMP1 aspirations…’

You have been lied Andy, there is no GTR GT1 racing anywhere because the class is dead... in fact you sold the chassis' to collectors already

---

*One thing ACO should do is to remove the mandatory hybrid requirement though

#90 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,141 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 15:51

There is no Nissan 2015 LMP1 project. While that article is a bit more informative than the usual PR nonsense that comes out of Darren Coxe's mouth, you can actually see that mr Palmer here is still repeating the same line: IF THE ACO DOES WHAT WE WANT, WE WILL BE THERE. It's lobbying, nothing more. GREAT if they actually will be there in 2015 (although it would be lame if ACO messed up the rules* just that they could have Nissan in) but don't hold your breath...

Yes i know of course nothing is confirmed yet. But i suppose they will go forward with it and that the ACO will work to find a solution.

#91 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,387 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 15:58

It gets troublesome when manufacturer X wants something specific in order to participate and then the organizing body attempts to please them by making changes to the regulations... soon you will be attempting to please everybody. It can be a vicious cycle.

After the death of GT1 and the slow transformation of old GT2 into new GTE, ACO GT racing got ruined when they gave up on rules and decided that "more manufacturers the merrier, that's the only thing that matters", resulting in universal waiver granting + performance balancing mess + increase of cost

#92 P0inters

P0inters

• 413 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 16:08

Any idea on when the full liveries will be out ? Any chance Porsche will go for a classic livery ? Also have they announced any sponsors which the livery could be based around ? :confused:  Sorry if I've missed something , I haven't been following this very closely.

Yes I do realize that, just think it suits the Porsche better than the Audi or <spit>Corvette</spit> :)

And yeh, Dan.  I wasn't a great fan of the Pink Pig, it's just what sprang immediately to mind, although I did enjoy the humour of it.  My fav 917's were (probably predictably) the Gulf or Martini paintjobs.

Neil

Really ? I think the Audi looks the best with the swirls.

Also , just found this 

porsche-le-mans-2014-martini-676x353.jpg

:love: I wish Martini were sponsoring them.

#93 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 1,313 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 00:44

With that mention of Nissan, are there any other manufacturers sniffing around for LMP1 in 2015?

#94 LarsB

LarsB

• 61 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:12

The Porsche LMP1 4-cylinder sounds like a tuned Golf GTI :-s

#95 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 570 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 20:08

I never thought I'd say this, but... I prefer the sound of the diesels to that thing. I'm sure it will be fast, but... ugh.

#96 LarsB

LarsB

• 61 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:34

Exactly my thoughts!

#97 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,770 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 22:16

And speaking of the Porsche, there's a few journalists live-tweeting from a pretty important Porsche event right now, and they have revealed that the car will officially be called the 919 Hybrid. https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer

#98 Funkyskunk2

Funkyskunk2

• 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 23:38

Audi video(cgi)

Edited by Funkyskunk2, 14 December 2013 - 23:45.

#99 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 1,049 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 23:48

And speaking of the Porsche, there's a few journalists live-tweeting from a pretty important Porsche event right now, and they have revealed that the car will officially be called the 919 Hybrid. https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer

Also officially confirming Brendon Hartley and Marc Lieb as the final two drivers. Joining Dumas, Bernhard, Jani and some bloke called Webber.

Advertisement

#100 Wingcommander

Wingcommander

• 678 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:03

The Porsche LMP1 4-cylinder sounds like a tuned Golf GTI :-s

Can't say i liked the sound (short shifting?), but what i do like is that all three manufacturers have different engine concepts.