Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:39

Why Maldonado is such a scumbag. ?    :|  

Advertisement

#2 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:40

Why Maldonado is such a *******. ?    :|  

Because he has done more to the team than the team has done to him. Or at least that's how he thinks.

#3 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,509 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:41

Because his PDVSA money has made him into an entitled pr**k, and his world falls apart when he can't use his financial bulk to get his way in the team.

#4 P0inters

P0inters

• 412 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:42

I was digusted by his attitude this weekend. Bottas destroyed him today and he takes the opportunity to say the team sabotaged his car. Horrible behaviour to add to his comments earlier this weekend. :down:  :down:  :down:

#5 bub

bub

• 2,007 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:43

Real animosity there. Reminds me of Alonso/McLaren. It is strange for him to be that much slower than Bottas but I have no idea whether that's down to him or the team. I would guess it's down to Pastor. 

Edited by bub, 16 November 2013 - 19:45.

#6 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:44

Hard to be surprised really. Has all the class of a dictator-backed playboy.

#7 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 19,954 posts

http://www1.skysport...upset-with-team

#8 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 4,431 posts

He shouldn't have said it but is he wrong?

The disparity between Bottas and Maldonado this weekend suggests something is amiss.

#9 John Player

John Player

• 418 posts

Who will replace Maldonado at Interlagos?

#10 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,584 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:45

Still, they've got Massa to look forward to.

#11 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,252 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:48

What a terrible opening post :rolleyes:

It's possible that there is something wrong with the car.  It's possible that there are issues with tyre pressures or a setup mistake, but if he's spending his free time complaining about the team, some of the engineering team may just have taken the law into their own hands.  It would be hard to criticise them if so.

#12 Zesus

Zesus

• 288 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:49

But Lotus dared to tell Kimi isn't a team player. Well, they'll find out what really means not to be a team player. I've always seen Pastor as arrogant person. He is mentioning his one victory like he became a world champion, not to mention that he puts himself in rang of 4 best today. :rolleyes:

#13 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 2,406 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:52

He's really doing himself no favours. Those sorts of accusations won't help him find a drive for next year - hell, one could understand if it jeopardises his drive at Brazil.

#14 ANF

ANF

• 634 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:52

Well, it wouldn't surprise me if the team made Maldonado look slow and Bottas extra fast.

All I know for certain is that Bottas was four tenths quicker in Q2 than in Q3.

#15 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,000 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:53

Same link as Gilles4Ever but mine includes a quote:

@SkySportsF1 54m

Maldonado on being slower than Bottas: “You need to ask the guys that are working on the car, it is quite clear.” http://bit.ly/19mXghN

He also had this to say, apparently:

@JennieGow 1h

Amazing attitude from Maldonado. 'I don't care about this year, it's all about next season for me' after poor q1 performance. #f1

#16 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:54

The gap between Maldonado and Bottas was unusually large today, so clearly something was probably wrong with PM’s car. Still, plotting a conspiracy theory against your own team isn’t exactly bright, though something I would expect from Pastor.

#17 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:56

Hard to give him the benefit of the doubt with that kind of attitude :down: :down:

#18 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope
  • Writer of 2013's Best Opening Post

• 6,933 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:57

Things we know: nothing.

Things we'll pretend we know because it's fun to hate Maldonado: everything.

#19 Massa

Massa

• 4,262 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:59

Same link as Gilles4Ever but mine includes a quote:

@SkySportsF1 54m

Maldonado on being slower than Bottas: “You need to ask the guys that are working on the car, it is quite clear.” http://bit.ly/19mXghN

He also had this to say, apparently:

@JennieGow 1h

Amazing attitude from Maldonado. 'I don't care about this year, it's all about next season for me' after poor q1 performance. #f1

The second sentence is irrespectull for Williams. If was Bouiller, i will not put him in my car next year, he is not professionnal. If i was Claire Williams, i would be fire him right now.

Advertisement

#20 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,509 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:03

Stop being the voice of reason! Give in to the hate!

#21 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:04

Obviously team messed up his car, but a bit of too much emotions blown were here.

#22 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:04

I saw Fp2 and FP3, MalTornado was all over the place.

Never got the track right.

I love  :love: Conspirancy Theories, but... N :o

#23 Farhannn15

Farhannn15

• 661 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:05

Maldonado just irritates me so much 

#24 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Obviously team messed up his car, but a bit of too much emotions blown were here.

Eventhough... it doesn't explain Bottas' good performance.

#25 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,044 posts

Williams are desperately trying to gets some points, why on earth would they sabotage the car just to make Pastor look bad? He's not the only one off the pace, Rosberg and Massa are a fair way behind their respective teammates.

I've never really liked Pastor to be honest, he may be quick but his attitude stinks, he's having serious delusions of grandeur & making himself look like a prat. That coupled with his reckless driving "style" and his general lack of respect for the several hundred people working their butts off day and night at Williams makes me hope this all collapses in on him and he's left without a drive next season, highly doubt we'd get that lucky though.

#26 swerved

swerved

• 3,597 posts

But Lotus dared to tell Kimi isn't a team player. Well, they'll find out what really means not to be a team player. I've always seen Pastor as arrogant person. He is mentioning his one victory like he became a world champion, not to mention that he puts himself in rang of 4 best today. :rolleyes:

If he goes to Lotus next year i'm sure he'll fit right in.

#27 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:07

Eventhough... it doesn't explain Bottas' good performance.

Indeed, Bottas was pathetic this year.

#28 Pothead4Philosopher

Pothead4Philosopher

• 533 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:09

Well, are you suggesting that the Williams team did something to his car then? -- Or are you just pretending to be clever and take cheap shots at your fellow forum members?

Almost as arrogant as Pastor, shape up Andrew.

#29 george1981

george1981

• 708 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:10

As I said in the qualifying thread. It might be that Maldonado hasn't got all the latest development bits on the car. They've taken the EDB off the car and are trying new things for next year that they don't want to share with Maldonado because he's leaving. That could make his car a lot slower and harder to drive.

#30 Panch

Panch

• 439 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:11

Teams should stay far away from drivers like this.

#31 djparky

djparky

• 164 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:11

yeah well take your petro-dollars somewhere else- good riddance from WIlliams-

astonishing comments given how siilent the team stayed after all those bent cars, grid penalties and lost points he did for them last year- be grateful Maldo- the ONLY reason you were at Williams was that they (sadly) needed the PDVSA money- otherwise  you wouldn't have had a look in

well done Bottas- yeah its a crap car this year but you've just got on with it without grumblinh

as for Lotus...PLEASE get the Hulk in that car next year

#32 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 4,431 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:14

Williams are desperately trying to gets some points, why on earth would they sabotage the car just to make Pastor look bad? He's not the only one off the pace, Rosberg and Massa are a fair way behind their respective teammates.

I've never really liked Pastor to be honest, he may be quick but his attitude stinks, he's having serious delusions of grandeur & making himself look like a prat. That coupled with his reckless driving "style" and his general lack of respect for the several hundred people working their butts off day and night at Williams makes me hope this all collapses in on him and he's left without a drive next season, highly doubt we'd get that lucky though.

Willams are deperately trying to get points to compete with who?

Maldonado has been consistently the better driver this year and all of a sudden he's 1.5seconds slower. You tell me who's playing silly buggers.

#33 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:15

yeah well take your petro-dollars somewhere else- good riddance from WIlliams-

astonishing comments given how siilent the team stayed after all those bent cars, grid penalties and lost points he did for them last year- be grateful Maldo- the ONLY reason you were at Williams was that they (sadly) needed the PDVSA money- otherwise  you wouldn't have had a look in

I wonder where team would have been without all those petro dollars... Fighting with Caterhams maybe? Oh, wait, that finnish star was doing this all year  :rotfl:

#34 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:15

Indeed, Bottas was pathetic this year.

Sarcasm?  :well:

Bottas had a solid and mature season. No foolish crashes and a great performance in Canada Qualy.

#35 x600

x600

• 87 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:17

Well, are you suggesting that the Williams team did something to his car then?

I'm sure you can judge the situation from your armchair better than Maldonado.

#36 Mendel

Mendel

• 148 posts

Maldonado has more point than Bottas. It´s the only thing that matters in the end. So unless Valtteri can show his racecraft tomorrow and/or in Brazil, the statistics that we remember will be Pastor 1 - Valtteri 0

#37 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,000 posts

SkyF1: Williams refute apparent accusation of sabotage from disgruntled Pastor Maldonado

"Qualifying is a big adrenaline rush for drivers and so I'm not surprised by that, people say things after these kind of situations," Claire Williams told Sky F1. "We will go back and talk to the engineers and find out what happened but never in Williams' history would we ever do anything like that."

#38 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:19

Sarcasm?  :well:

Bottas had a solid and mature season. No foolish crashes and a great performance in Canada Qualy.

Yep, and all those unforgettable close fights with Van Der Garde.

Edited by Baddoer, 16 November 2013 - 20:20.

#39 Pothead4Philosopher

Pothead4Philosopher

• 533 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:20

I'm sure you can judge the situation from your armchair better than Maldonado.

Nope, I was listening to Pastor and Claire talk after the qualy. I decided Claire made more sense.

Really, a no-brainer.

Advertisement

#40 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,044 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:22

Willams are deperately trying to get points to compete with who?

Maldonado has been consistently the better driver this year and all of a sudden he's 1.5seconds slower. You tell me who's playing silly buggers.

Move them away from Caterham/Marussia incase there's a freak race in Brazil, which isn't unlikely given that places history. Also, Pastor hasn't consistently the better driver, its been fairly close, Pastor's had the edge but that's all. I suppose the team fiddled with his car in Canada too?

#41 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,148 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:23

Unless he apologises for the comments, I wonder if Williams would drop him for Brazil. Would they?

#42 P123

P123

• 8,093 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:24

What we know is that Maldonado was a bit of a prat in his post-quali interview and hasn't been shy recently in telling the world how eager he is to leave.

#43 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:25

Yup, guess who is paying to race ?

Valteri was Bottastic, while Pastor MaldoNasty.

#44 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 4,431 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:26

Move them away from Caterham/Marussia incase there's a freak race in Brazil, which isn't unlikely given that places history. Also, Pastor hasn't consistently the better driver, its been fairly close, Pastor's had the edge but that's all. I suppose the team fiddled with his car in Canada too?

Considering Caterham and Marussia have never scored a point in their existence it would take more than a freak race to ensure a point for either of them.

Who knows what the team have done, if anything only they will know but it doesn't take much to get tyre pressures unbalanced. I'm not saying they did but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Edited by senna da silva, 16 November 2013 - 20:27.

#45 swerved

swerved

• 3,597 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:27

Unless he apologises for the comments, I wonder if Williams would drop him for Brazil. Would they?

It certainly wouldn't shock me if they did.

#46 SpartanChas

SpartanChas

• 722 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:27

I hope they do. They don't need a jerk like that driving for them.

#47 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,196 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:29

Can they?

I'm thinking about the PDVSA sponsorship contract

#48 nosecone

nosecone

• 760 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:32

Williams are desperately trying to gets some points, why on earth wouldt they sabotage the car just to make Pastor look bad?

THIS!

No team (even RB) would give one driver a worse car (on purpose). Maybe there is something wrong with the car, but this would be accidentally. It depends much money and prestige (sponsors) on it.

The difference was big so there might be something wrong with the car, but this is no reason to accuse your team of sabotage.

#49 KavB

KavB

• 1,061 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:34

Terrible attitude. I respect Maldonado as a driver and until now I haven't found him annoying as a person but his interview stinks of a bad attitude. 

He probably did have some issues but to jump to blaming your team and saying you don't care about the rest of the season is unprofessional. Why would other team want to hire him if he will be demotivated to perform in the case he has to leave the team? Really hope Hulk gets that Lotus seat now! 

#50 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 20:34

Well he should have fought for wins in that rocket, that's for sure. He's obviously not up for the job.