There wasn't a topic for this, so here we go. Who would you vote for?
The ten names listed on the final shortlist are, in alphabetical order:
- Jost Capito (Head of Volkswagen Motorsport);
- Eduardo Freitas (FIA World Endurance Championship, Race Director);
- Monisha Kaltenborn (Sauber Formula One Team, Chief Executive Officer);
- Tom Kristensen (2013 FIA World Endurance Championship Winner);
- Robert Kubica (2013 FIA World Rally Championship 2 Winner);
- Sébastien Loeb (9-times FIA World Rally Championship Winner);
- Yvan Muller (2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship Winner);
- Adrian Newey (Red Bull Racing Formula One Team, Chief Technical Officer);
- Sébastien Ogier (2013 FIA World Rally Championship Winner);
- [and] Sebastian Vettel (2013 FIA Formula One World Championship Winner).
The second phase of voting now runs until December 4. During that period, the accredited media will have the opportunity to choose one person from the top ten. The winner will then be revealed at the FIA’s Annual Prize-Giving Ceremony on Friday December 6.
I'm a bit disappointed by the absense of Alex Zanardi, but he might have done not enough racing this year to warrant a place on the shortlist. He's a real inspiration I think.
Otherwise, I think it'd be great for a woman to win it. Besides, I really like Monisha Kaltenborn, she's a fresh personality, very optimistic.