Photo

Saltburn On Sea Hillclimb

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 r1leysp

r1leysp

• 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 13:32

Have done 2 of these non competitive hillclimbs to support their cause. I can recommend it to all .It was stopped because of legislation but recently carried on and presided over by the Middlesborough motor club .Historically Malcolm Cambell attempted land speed records on the beach nearby which is flat and long and many years before that Fiat sent their BEAST which did  set a new record after driving up from Brooklands  on public roads .MMC and the council are trying to legalise closing the hill and making it competitive again .There were many types of cars and motorbikes blasting up hill  Was cancelled this year due to flood risk .Photos have been put on MMC,swebsite-worth a look.Entries can be got from MMC which includes a free cuppa tea !. It is held early Sept -try it ,its a hoot.

Advertisement

#2 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 13:59

Mot the Middlesbrough MC? :)

#3 r1leysp

r1leysp

• 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:26

Yes to  enter you have to be road legal-but you don't need helmets overalls etc-in fact  I took my wife up the hill-the fastest up was a supercharged Vincent combo -we got 4 runs up -all in all a very enjoyable day-we made a short holliday of it and stayed at Giusborough Hall Hotell (amazing food !Pictures on MMC w site .Any idea how I get photo up on profile -it says file too big ?