Photo

Fatal incident at Mt. Equinox 50s (?)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JoBo

JoBo

• 473 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 21:41

I noticed in an old newspaper feature the fatal crash of a Paul Flickinger of New London, CT/USA at Mt. Equinox hill climb in a Maserati single-seater. 

Has anybody more info?

Unfortunately I don`t know when this crash happened as the newspaper page doesn`t show the date. :|

JoBo 

Advertisement

#2 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,703 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 22:26

There are details are on the Motor Sport Memorial website.

#3 JoBo

JoBo

• 473 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 22:38

There are details are on the Motor Sport Memorial website.

Great! Many thanks.

Has anybody a photo of him in his Maser?

JoBo

#4 sctt123445

sctt123445

• 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:44

Hi My name is Scott McFee, My father worked with Paul at E.B. They were engineers working on the first nuclear Nautilus submarine. I saw a story saying a Paul F Flickinger was a B17 pilot shot down over France and was a P.O.W. The date of death is the same and there is a faded Lt. word on his headstone???????  The B17 was named woulf hound. I am told I was fascinated with his car and am sure I got a ride in it. I remember my dad telling me he died in a car crash. I tried a few times over the years to ask about Paul,but my dad was very upset over his death and would never say much. I never heard anything about what happened the car and we have no family photos of it.

#5 FrankCornell

FrankCornell

• 24 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 18:12

Scott, Paul was 31 when he died. His middle name was James. Yes, I read he was a WWII veteran. He must have been a teenager when in the war. A bio states he served in the Asian theater with the Army air forces. The B17 pilot may be a different person.