- - - - -

The official Force India vs. Lotus for 5th place Thread

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 emmanuelrubi

emmanuelrubi

• 1,058 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 21:01

I think this will be an interesting battle in 2014 for the 5th place in the constructors championship.

Both have an ok driver lineup, Grosjean and Hulkenberg have kind of the same driving, Perez and Maldonado have that aggressive style, Lotus have lost some mayor techincal staff force india brought some from Sauber & Williams, Lotus got payed by Maldonado 30 M to get a seat there but they don't even have an engine yet maybe they are late in their car who knows, Force India have merc. engines so if the rumors are right they are going to have a good power train for next season i think this will be the battle to watch in 2014.

Advertisement

#2 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 16:36

What makes you think that Lotus and Force India will be competing at all, let alone for exactly 5th place, and that no other team will compete with them?

#3 emmanuelrubi

emmanuelrubi

• 1,058 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 16:47

What makes you think that Lotus and Force India will be competing at all, let alone for exactly 5th place, and that no other team will compete with them?

Mmm thats clever maybe Williams, but i don't see McLaren fighting for 5th this year, Ferrari and Merc don't think so & Redbull fighting for 5th i don't see how that could be possible, i really don't think Lotus will be fighting at the top in 2014, and i see a huge improvement in FI obviously until Australia we cant only guess but how i see things i dont think why this cant be the battle to see in 2014

#4 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 17:12

After something like 4 races into the 2014 season, we could have an idea who fights for 5th in WCC. Those kind of threads tend to look silly in hindsight.   ;) 

#5 emmanuelrubi

emmanuelrubi

• 1,058 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 17:33

Thats true, but based on logic i don't think Neither RB, Ferrari or Merc would be fighting below 3, McLaren i don't think they will blow it like 2013 so there you go the 4 places of the top occupied, do you really think Pastor Maldonado and Grosjean in a Lotus which i don't believe will be a great car like the E21 will be fighting the merc or the ferrari ? in the hands of Pastor i don't think so, so who is the best team of the midfield IMO its Force India a strong line up i don't see E.g Sauber fighting 5th with sutil and gutierrez maybe williams who knows so based on Logic my bet in the fight for this will be FI vs Lotus.

#6 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 19:06

Thats true, but based on logic i don't think Neither RB, Ferrari or Merc would be fighting below 3, McLaren i don't think they will blow it like 2013 so there you go the 4 places of the top occupied, do you really think Pastor Maldonado and Grosjean in a Lotus which i don't believe will be a great car like the E21 will be fighting the merc or the ferrari ? in the hands of Pastor i don't think so, so who is the best team of the midfield IMO its Force India a strong line up i don't see E.g Sauber fighting 5th with sutil and gutierrez maybe williams who knows so based on Logic my bet in the fight for this will be FI vs Lotus.

Based on logic McLaren would not have concluded the 2013 season without a single podium after winning 7 races in 2012. :p

Logical or not, but that's life.

#7 emmanuelrubi

emmanuelrubi

• 1,058 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 20:02

Based on logic McLaren would not have concluded the 2013 season without a single podium after winning 7 races in 2012. :p

Logical or not, but that's life.

True on that one but do you really think McLaren will be as bad in 2014 as it was in 2013 ?

#8 charly0418

charly0418

• 3,289 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:39

Too early for this, one of them might not even be near 5th place (by either being good or bad)

#9 Arn

Arn

• 1,721 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:46

So, who wants to start the official Hulkenberg vs Grosjean for 9. place in the 2014 WDC thread? :rotfl:

#10 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,408 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:48

They will win WCC.
Close the thread? Nothing to discuss here when we haven't even seen the cars lol.

#11 sheogorath

sheogorath

• 300 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:52

This actually reads like a veiled Perez vs Maldonado, Grosjean, Hulkenberg thread...