Photo

Rothmans 50,000 - some elusive photos.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bill moffat

bill moffat

• 1,411 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 15:50

A long time since I've contributed to this forum - still an unquenched passion for historic motor sport but somehow I seem to have diverted my energies into the world of antique clocks. 

So at a recent auction I was bidding on various timepieces when up comes an unusual lot - 2 pages of photographic proofs featuring "The British Grand Prix and Emerson Fittipaldi".

For a couple of quid they were mine - clearly Brands and a combo of F1 , F2 and F5000 so it had to be the Rothmans 50,000. Apologies for (my) mediocre photos but just had to share them with you -  F1 cars featured include Emmo's 72 with some interesting shots of him adjusting his visor on the grid, Brian Redman (Mclaren M19A), Howden Ganley (BRM P160) and Henri Pescarolo in the Williams entered March 711. F5000 is represented with multiple shots of Graham Mcrae in his GM1 , Clive Santo in his McLaren M10B, Gordon Spice in the unlovely Kitchmac and, being Brands, inevitably that man Lanfranchi in his M18. F2 is represented by Dave Morgan and Tony Trimmer in their BT38 Brabhams.

Happy days.

Advertisement

#2 alansart

alansart

• 4,419 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 16:11

Bill, looks like you are suffering from the current posting images problem in this Forum!!

I'd like to see your photos. I spent most of that race out at the back of the circuit taking quite a few photos at Hawthorns etc. Sadly I no longer have them, lost when I moved home having got married.

#3 bill moffat

bill moffat

• 1,411 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 16:23

yep - its all changed since I last visited - will continue to wrestle with Image Shack - fingers crossed....

#4 alansart

alansart

• 4,419 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 16:27

yep - its all changed since I last visited - will continue to wrestle with Image Shack - fingers crossed....

It might not be Image Shack.

See here:  http://forums.autosp...ageshack/page-2

#5 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,773 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 17:40

Bill - if you'd care to email them to me at jrichardarmstrong (at) gmail.com I'd be delighted to post them for you.