ALONSO v RAIKKONEN in 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 RayInTorontoCanada

RayInTorontoCanada

• 570 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 13:11

Hi,

I haven't seen a topic for the 2014 Ferrari teammate comparison, so if it exists, then Sophie or one of the mods can shut this down.

I put the title alphabetically and in the order they finished in the 2013 World Championship so that no one thinks i'm playing favourites.

My own opinion is that Alonso will start out well...but that Raikkonen will 'catch up' as the season progresses.

There will be meetings where Raikkonen will have the "upper hand" - and vice versa.

Also, it would not be a surprise to me at all if Raikkonen actually finishes ahead of Alonso in the table - although I would peg that as a lower probability outcome.

Still, you never know.

In the end, I expect Alonso to just shade Raikkonen in the standings - and do not expect one to "dominate" the other.

With all due respect to the Mercedes drivers, this the strongest pairing on the grid - and I expect Ferrari to score well in the WCC, something the fast yet inconsistent, erratic and error-prone Massa wasn't able to do.

Obviously everything will depend on how competitive the package is - so we won't know if Alonso/Raikkonen will be fighting for wins and the Championship...or for 2nds or 3rds or 4ths.

Edited by RayInTorontoCanada, 18 December 2013 - 13:24.

Advertisement

#2 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,218 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 13:32

And so World War 3 begun.

#3 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,884 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 13:38

Similar topics were closed, there is no point in having a topic like this with zero data on how they perform in the same car, a topic like this with "so many" month before the season begins will cause nothing but upset the mods. In my opinion of course.

Edited by kosmos, 18 December 2013 - 13:38.

#4 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,643 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 13:40

As previously mentioned when similar threads were closed, this is jumping the gun. Closed.