I think there are a number of drivers having the chance to become excellent:
- Ricciardo: If RB success continues, he has a good chance to impress - if not, he can learn and potentially impress against his next team mate after Vettel.
- Rosberg: He already is "kind of" excellent and just lacks the stats and a real WDC fight.
- Grosjean: Looked better end of this season. I still have doubts, but if he becomes the undisputed lead driver at Lotus, he can still build up an excellent career.
- Magnussen: Potential star driver at the beginning of his F1 career. I think he will get enough time at McLaren to show his worth even if he won't have a Hamilton/Vettel like start into F1.
- Hulk: Already impressive for a while, but obviously lacks a car to fight for podiums and wins.
- Perez: Still very young and could still improve and come back to a top team.
- Kvyat: Potential star driver at the beginning of his F1 career. The ingredients for a high rise over the next years are pretty much there, but lots of things can still happen.
- Bottas: Great talent and if he beats Massa his stock will rise.
- Bianchi: Has shown quite some potential early in the season, but still very early for a verdict.
The other drivers already have a WDC or are not on top of my personal list of future stars. Looking for the new stars is one thing which makes F1 interesting.
Ricciardo is a big ?, let's see how he will go in 14
I think Rosberg was still growing at Merc during his vs-Schumi stint, but he has a less steeper learning curve than Lewis. Also lacks a bit of real grit (which is unfortunate, he's really likeable and also very fast, but not as fast as Ham over a lap), which could cost him over the course of a season. Oh, he works very hard too
Grosjean, when he's in the zone he goes really well. But if he falls out of it, it might end up crashier again.
Magnussen, don't know.
Hulk is awesome, really gritty in fights and also very fast and intelligent. Hope he will get top cars under his *** soon!
Perez isn't stupid, but his temperament could cause some downs over the course of a season again. On his day he def. has the edge over Button, but stability is key while he's learning.
Kvyat, don't know?
Bottas, Finnish awesomeness too. He looks really cool, pressure isn't max on him but it's never off and he definitely is going to be a pain in the *** of his team mate in 2014.
Bianchi, underrated due to that crappy car. He shone in 2013 because he beat the living daylight out of Chilton. Was crash happy in GP2 but less prone I think now.
To be champs would now be Hulk and Bottas, they haven't completely proved that but they definitely could nail the car on their days on a consistent basis!