* * * * - 27 votes

Michael Schumacher seriously injured in France

• Please log in to reply
3649 replies to this topic

#3051 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,026 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:28

Wow, no news for a while now, since the Bahrain Grand Prix.

I do hope it is for a positive reason, ie when Kehm said the updates would stop once Michael had left the hospital and his rehabilitation would become a quiet, personal family matter.

I am sincerely hoping for that being the reason for the lack of updates,

Keep fighting Michael!

Advertisement

#3052 Jon83

Jon83

• 1,793 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:43

I was thinking about MSC last night. Sky were showing a re-run of the Spanish GP 2012 and he was being interviewed after his retirement from the race. 

I echo Ferrari_F1_fan_2001's good wishes.

#3053 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:08

Wow, no news for a while now, since the Bahrain Grand Prix.

I do hope it is for a positive reason, ie when Kehm said the updates would stop once Michael had left the hospital and his rehabilitation would become a quiet, personal family matter.

I am sincerely hoping for that being the reason for the lack of updates,

Keep fighting Michael!

I think either way, it'll be a long time or never that you'll get updates.

#3054 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 1,497 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 14:35

The longer there is no news the more likely to be a negative outcome in this case, I fear

#3055 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 14:35

Famous Coma Survivors

http://www.everydayh...s.aspx#/slide-1

#3056 kraduk

kraduk

• 256 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:51

this is a process thats going to take years i suspect so a few weeks going by isnt a big deal

#3057 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,026 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 19:56

The 'showing signs of conciousness' story rather than mere wakefulness really gave us all hope. I sincerely hope that rehabilition is under way and the lack of coverage is due to wanting to keep it a private matter.

#3058 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 19:58

The 'showing signs of conciousness' story rather than mere wakefulness really gave us all hope. I sincerely hope that rehabilition is under way and the lack of coverage is due to wanting to keep it a private matter.

Recovery might be underway, but recovery is just living, the MS you probably know is probably gone for ever and is a reason why even if he wakes up they will be nothing public. I don't think we will see or hear much of MS anymore.

#3059 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,946 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 22:09

I was just watching Spain 1996 and it got me thinking about this thread.

Its been a long time since we had any news.  its very worrying, I can't imagine what him and his family are going through :(

Advertisement

#3060 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,654 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 22:45

I sincerely hope if he wakes up, he knows who the Michael Schumacher is.

#3061 yuffyuff

yuffyuff

• 53 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:52

Strange how everyone on here is very cautious/extremely negative about schumi's chances of a decent recovery. Yet the people who have visited him and know how he is doing, are almost completely the opposite.
Montezemolo was extremely optimistic, this week, about Michael's recovery. Hinting that there would be news fairly soon.
Just because Kehm isn't anouncing anything, doesn't mean he isn't improving daily. She also didn't deny he recognised Corinna, she denied informing RTL, HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!

#3062 septerra

septerra

• 146 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:29

Almost everyday, I hope to wake up and see the news sites all lit up with a MSC interview. Hope such a day occurs very soon.

#3063 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,026 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 23:37

Yuffyuff,

I hope you are right and echo your sentiments. Sadly, the less we hear, the more rubbish the papers will write.

#3064 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,023 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:59

Still pulling for you schumi 

keep fighting

#3065 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 1,938 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:13

Get well soon, Micheal. It was a pleasure watching you win your fourth championship live and in person. Go get 'em.

#3066 Gintonious

Gintonious

• 981 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:27

Hoping for some more positive news soon.

#3067 Laura23

Laura23

• 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:19

He's coming up to his fifth complete month in a coma. News won't be coming fast I'm afraid. I think it's time the media moved on and let the family get on with their lives in peace because if, and it's a big if at this stage, he starts getting better then they will need all the energy they can to help him and if the worst happens they deserve complete privacy. 

Frankly his condition has no business of ours at the end of the day. 

#3068 F1matt

F1matt

• 127 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:40

He's coming up to his fifth complete month in a coma. News won't be coming fast I'm afraid. I think it's time the media moved on and let the family get on with their lives in peace because if, and it's a big if at this stage, he starts getting better then they will need all the energy they can to help him and if the worst happens they deserve complete privacy. 

Frankly his condition has no business of ours at the end of the day. 

As a pubic figure with millions of adoring fans and the fact he had a "PR" person working for him upto the time of his accident a monthly update would dispel rumours started by the internet and tabloid newspapers and magazines.

Good luck to him and his family, he is a fighter!

#3069 Logiso

Logiso

• 137 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:51

As a pubic figure with millions of adoring fans and the fact he had a "PR" person working for him upto the time of his accident a monthly update would dispel rumours started by the internet and tabloid newspapers and magazines.

Good luck to him and his family, he is a fighter!

I'd like to agree with you but in reality people would try to read hidden meanings from any PR update that is released. I can't blame them for how they are acting even though I would really like to know what is going on.

#3070 Dmitriy_Guller

Dmitriy_Guller

• 4,043 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 13:46

Strange how everyone on here is very cautious/extremely negative about schumi's chances of a decent recovery. Yet the people who have visited him and know how he is doing, are almost completely the opposite.
Montezemolo was extremely optimistic, this week, about Michael's recovery. Hinting that there would be news fairly soon.
Just because Kehm isn't anouncing anything, doesn't mean he isn't improving daily. She also didn't deny he recognised Corinna, she denied informing RTL, HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!

You have to remember that the people who visited him are hardly objective.  They want to see the best first of all, and they also don't want to say anything negative.

#3071 yuffyuff

yuffyuff

• 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:46

Unlike a journalist then?

#3072 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,663 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:36

Unlike a journalist then?

Essentially, yes. The visitors are not duty bound to be rigorous in their comments and it would be understandable if they reflected an optimistic version of things. As friends of the man, it would be human. 

#3073 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,608 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 19:15

I dared not dig up the thread for a bit... but here it was in the front page, no less.

As a fan, i would like thank all other fans (and otherwise) for all kind words, wishes and prayers...

I really hope there is some good news soon...

I guess Kehm is avoiding all information from being public knowledge as the vultures, erm tabloids, will then make merry with it. Can't blame her... but i do wish if there's some positive news, that they could let us fans know in as little detail as they seem fit. Something along the lines of "he's alright, and is having a normal life for someone recovering from such an injury." This is more than enough i reckon.

On a side note, i will soon (hopefully so) be watching all races from '94, '95, 2000-2004... 

#3074 Laura23

Laura23

• 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 20:16

I dared not dig up the thread for a bit... but here it was in the front page, no less.

As a fan, i would like thank all other fans (and otherwise) for all kind words, wishes and prayers...

I really hope there is some good news soon...

I guess Kehm is avoiding all information from being public knowledge as the vultures, erm tabloids, will then make merry with it. Can't blame her... but i do wish if there's some positive news, that they could let us fans know in as little detail as they seem fit. Something along the lines of "he's alright, and is having a normal life for someone recovering from such an injury." This is more than enough i reckon.

On a side note, i will soon (hopefully so) be watching all races from '94, '95, 2000-2004... 

Given the state he is currently in no news is still good news tbh. His condition won't likely change in a hurry for a very long time, if at all and what we have now might be the best that will come. There's not much point in saying he's getting a little bit better if he's really just the same as he was a couple of weeks ago. 

But even his own family have tried to get some normality back, his children went back to school weeks ago. That to me said a lot for his long term prospects. They don't expect anything to change for a long time.

#3075 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,026 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 23:31

Laura, how do you know his children went back to school weeks ago? This is the first I have heard of it.

also it could be interpreted as good news rather then negatively.

Kehm said once Schumacher starts his rehab there will be little forthcoming news.

#3076 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,608 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:40

Given the state he is currently in no news is still good news tbh. His condition won't likely change in a hurry for a very long time, if at all and what we have now might be the best that will come. There's not much point in saying he's getting a little bit better if he's really just the same as he was a couple of weeks ago. 

But even his own family have tried to get some normality back, his children went back to school weeks ago. That to me said a lot for his long term prospects. They don't expect anything to change for a long time.

Actually, iirc. there was no update on his condition post coma, and then the attempts resuscitation from the coma... So yes, a little more of an update (along the lines which i already mentioned above) would be very welcome. I would just love nothing more than to know that he is alright...

Laura, how do you know his children went back to school weeks ago? This is the first I have heard of it.

also it could be interpreted as good news rather then negatively.

Kehm said once Schumacher starts his rehab there will be little forthcoming news.

Schumacher was notoriously private post some incidents earlier in his career... i guess this may just be it.

#3077 yuffyuff

yuffyuff

• 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:57

His children going back to school doesn't infer anything, to anybody, obviously they wouldn't want to miss months of their education, whether Michael is improving or not.
Kehm's last update does state there are improvements and there are no reasons to believe further improvements haven't been made.
She also stated they don't want to release updates, Todt's and Montezemolo, know this, and they would have chosen their words wisely. They have been part of a sport, for decades, that has had intense press scrutiny and if something can be spun, to mean something else, generally it is.
Of course they want the best for Michael, as they were very successful together. They know exactly how their words would be portrayed, they wouldn't say anything to upset Corinna by being overly optimistic. Personally, I think he is probably doing much better than most people expect.
Every expert, not personally involved with his situation, has continually been proved wrong along with the armchair experts on here!
I'd prefer to hear what, Todt's, Brawn, Monetezemelo, say, having visited Michael, than some journalist who has no idea really, and is just trying to get web hits or followers!

#3078 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 5,376 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 15:25

Never imagined all those months ago that it'd still be the way it is now.. it's very sad.

Keep fighting Schumi. :cry:

#3079 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 18:20

I'll start off by saying that I don't feel any right to updates and if the family want to keep things private that should be 100% respected.

This is starting to feel a little surreal now. The last news was that Michael had moments of awareness (or words to that effect). We have no idea if he's made no further progress, regressed... Or for all we know Michael could be talking and moving, but with what impairments who knows.

It honestly would not surprise me if we did not hear anything concrete for months/years.

Advertisement

#3080 BrakeL8

BrakeL8

• 63 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 18:31

I'll start off by saying that I don't feel any right to updates and if the family want to keep things private that should be 100% respected.

This is starting to feel a little surreal now. The last news was that Michael had moments of awareness (or words to that effect). We have no idea if he's made no further progress, regressed... Or for all we know Michael could be talking and moving, but with what impairments who knows.

It honestly would not surprise me if we did not hear anything concrete for months/years.

Don't you feel that the fact that the family have now got full control over Schumacher and a private recovery is taking place, no news is always better than many different news stories that are conflicting? Someone has given orders for no one to tell the media a sodden thing. Brawn once said that he respected Schumacher for the way he quietly sorted out issues in Ferrari and never involved the press! It kind of has Schumacher written all over this total press blockage on his recovery, and I can only hope so and give the family full respect for keeping Schumacher's condition private.

#3081 Krchan

Krchan

• 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:58

It's a bit off topic but anyway... Two weeks a go my dear friend Samo Kukovica, who is a speedway rider from Slovenia had a horrible crash in a national championship race in Ljubljana. He sustained similar head injuries as Michael and is still in a coma. Luckily his condition probably isn't as bad as Michaels and doctors say he's getting better. If the progres continues they will probably start the waking up process in a couple fo days. Really hoping for a happy end for both of them!

Here are some pictures of the crash... http://posavje.info/...-ljubljani.html

Keep fighting Michael and Samo!

#3082 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,617 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:05

Best to Samo!  Sending positive thoughts his way along with Michael's!  :up:

#3083 septerra

septerra

• 146 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:59

Don't you feel that the fact that the family have now got full control over Schumacher and a private recovery is taking place, no news is always better than many different news stories that are conflicting? Someone has given orders for no one to tell the media a sodden thing. Brawn once said that he respected Schumacher for the way he quietly sorted out issues in Ferrari and never involved the press! It kind of has Schumacher written all over this total press blockage on his recovery, and I can only hope so and give the family full respect for keeping Schumacher's condition private.

This is what I keep imagining all the time. I keep fantasising that he'll just show up at a Grand Prix one day fully recovered and hanging around with his favourite Ferrai shirt on. I've watched something or the other on Michael on youtube almost everyday. I'm not religious, but watching his old stuff somehow makes me feel positive about his future.

#3084 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,394 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:22

:up:

#3085 Schumster

Schumster

• 218 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 18:02

Hero. Can still remember them showing onboard footage of a McLaren (?) and me wondering where Schumacher was on the track and where he was going to end up and then...BOOM...MAGIC.."1.MSC" lighting up with a green lap time.

Ahhh such a moment. Absolutely loved his 2nd stint, don't think I'll feel that kind of passion and dedication for a F1 driver. Always on the look out for Schumi on the start and not giving a toss about the front of the grid, checking sector times, checking possible strategies and checking where he was in the middle of the race through the circuit tracker. 

Loved it! My, and millions of others, hero. Hope you make it through, Mike!

Edited by Schumster, 25 May 2014 - 18:03.

#3086 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,469 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 21:32

Alonso calls MS a hero he admired when driving carts

http://www.bild.de/s...14834.bild.html

#3087 Junky

Junky

• 281 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 23:40

Hero. Can still remember them showing onboard footage of a McLaren (?) and me wondering where Schumacher was on the track and where he was going to end up and then...BOOM...MAGIC.."1.MSC" lighting up with a green lap time.

Ahhh such a moment. Absolutely loved his 2nd stint, don't think I'll feel that kind of passion and dedication for a F1 driver. Always on the look out for Schumi on the start and not giving a toss about the front of the grid, checking sector times, checking possible strategies and checking where he was in the middle of the race through the circuit tracker. 

Loved it! My, and millions of others, hero. Hope you make it through, Mike!

:up:  :up:

Just like me.

#3088 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,608 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:22

Alonso calls MS a hero he admired when driving carts

http://www.bild.de/s...14834.bild.html

Schumacher did tip Ferrari to keep an eye on Alonso as he steeped in F1. There were a few pics of them chatting through a driver's parade when Alo drove for Minardi. He also recommended Raikkonen, Vettel... all won WDC's

#3089 Jager

Jager

• 242 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:49

The Mercedes still carried the #keepfightingmichael tag at Monaco. Unfortunately, that suggest to me he still in a hospital bed, probably in a coma rather than undergoing rehab otherwise there would be no need to run the messages on the car (assuming the people at Mercedes have more insight to Michael's condition than the rest of us) :

1297564370411_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Edited by Jager, 26 May 2014 - 10:50.

#3090 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,026 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:42

The Mercedes still carried the #keepfightingmichael tag at Monaco. Unfortunately, that suggest to me he still in a hospital bed, probably in a coma rather than undergoing rehab otherwise there would be no need to run the messages on the car (assuming the people at Mercedes have more insight to Michael's condition than the rest of us) :

1297564370411_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

His brother competed the other day carrying a similar message. I don't think he would want to continue if his brother was still critical.

Who knows.

You have to admire the way his family have managed to enforce a media blackout on anything Schumacher related in the last 7 weeks though. We last heard news at Bahrain and then BOOM.....nothing. Leaks were coming out of the hospital and unless they've sacked the nurses etc...I'd say he isn't at Grenoble anymore.

#3091 pRy

pRy

• 10,921 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:51

His brother competed the other day carrying a similar message. I don't think he would want to continue if his brother was still critical.

Who knows.

You have to admire the way his family have managed to enforce a media blackout on anything Schumacher related in the last 7 weeks though. We last heard news at Bahrain and then BOOM.....nothing. Leaks were coming out of the hospital and unless they've sacked the nurses etc...I'd say he isn't at Grenoble anymore.

I don't think his condition will be critical now.. he will be stable. Life has to go on. The family can't be expected to stop living. Michael is getting as much care and attention as possible. Them not living their lives won't improve his chances of recovery. I think there were some reports earlier this month suggesting he hasn't been moved.

#3092 FSA

FSA

• 510 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 15:38

Thought I would post this since it's on people's minds recently.

During the NBC Sports live coverage of Monaco this weekend (pre-race panel discussion to be specific) either Leigh Diffey or David Hobbs specifically spoke about Schumacher and the words spoken in ending the comment were, and I quote, "And our thoughts remain with him as he continues his recovery at home".

It was not an off-the-cuff remark. It was clearly not a slip of the tongue either. It was a deliberate, serious and very sincere statement made by someone who was stating a fact rather than speculating. How they would know this is anyone's guess but it did catch my attention. 

#3093 Schumster

Schumster

• 218 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 22:26

Anyone remember this vid?

http://www.myvideo.d...humis_Last_Race

:D

#3094 RosannaG

RosannaG

• 705 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 23:36

I remember that race very well but this video has brought tears to my eyes, Those last minutes are really touching.

Thanks for the link!  :up:

#3095 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,521 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 23:40

Thought I would post this since it's on people's minds recently.

During the NBC Sports live coverage of Monaco this weekend (pre-race panel discussion to be specific) either Leigh Diffey or David Hobbs specifically spoke about Schumacher and the words spoken in ending the comment were, and I quote, "And our thoughts remain with him as he continues his recovery at home".

It was not an off-the-cuff remark. It was clearly not a slip of the tongue either. It was a deliberate, serious and very sincere statement made by someone who was stating a fact rather than speculating. How they would know this is anyone's guess but it did catch my attention. 

Hopefully those who jumped down my neck will say sorry........

#3096 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 1,938 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 00:43

Schumacher did tip Ferrari to keep an eye on Alonso as he steeped in F1. There were a few pics of them chatting through a driver's parade when Alo drove for Minardi. He also recommended Raikkonen, Vettel... all won WDC's

OMG, dude. I was there. It was the 2001 Hungarian Grand Prix, where he won his fourth title. He was chatting with Fernando and Mika was with Kimi, I was twelve at the time but it's still a really vivid memory. I had an image saved with that parade lap, but I can't find it anywhere, on my laptop and on internet. History being made in front of my eyes. I knew it was special. Even if it sounds cheesy as ****, it felt special.

I hope, really hope he gets through. What I saw that day, the amount of support he had. It would of rivaled even Senna. I don't want his story to end this way.

Edited by OvDrone, 27 May 2014 - 00:45.

#3097 septerra

septerra

• 146 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:14

That race was on at around 3 AM here in Australia. That very Monday morning, I had a tightly packed uni schedule, the most important day of the week for me back then. I sat and watched this race man, said screw uni and everything else, I'm going to watch Michael one last time. The best race I have and ever will see in my entire life.

Amazing how one individual can inspire so much passion. Forever my hero.

#3098 RosannaG

RosannaG

• 705 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:53

Amazing how one individual can inspire so much passion. Forever my hero.

Amen!  :up:

#3099 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:37

Always remember they said that once the rehabilitation phase starts there will be no news.

Advertisement

#3100 Bimmer

Bimmer

• 86 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:57

Yes, she said that if / when he will be moved to rehabilitation clinic it will became a private menner. But I think they would inform us that he left Grenoble hospital and then news about his condition would stop. But I hope Im wrong..