Posted 17 June 2015 - 21:46

Reminds me of a list I compiled of strange bugs in F1GP back in the day:

http://www.simracing...lained-in-f1gp/

Advertisement

#202 pRy

pRy

• 11,402 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 18:12

PC version 40% off in the steam sale atm.

#203 Dyrgl

Dyrgl

• 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 18:45

Hmm, looks like the interest in this game is plummeting. I'll leave a couple of vids I got togethe about setups. The first explains a quick way to tune any car for an event or organized race.

The second adresses some problems in the Formula A default setup, both fwith FFB settings and car setup.

Edited by Dyrgl, 09 July 2015 - 18:46.

#204 totgate

totgate

• 112 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 16:36

This game is so bad. Nowhere near the hype.....

#205 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,708 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 22:03

This game is so bad. Nowhere near the hype.....

I have to disagree with you.

Being playing GT3, GT4, GT5, GT6 and Forza 4 - Project Cars outsmarts them in almost every level. Sure there was big bugs and still minor bugs, but motorsport racing is very good in it.

I cannot say a word for PC simulators and how Project Cars compares with rivals, since I have never had computer which would fluently run even one of big names. I also have better investment targets than 2000€ computers...

#206 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,640 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:48

Yeah, I'm pretty content with Project Cars as well. It draws a nice line between casual racing game and serious sim, and definitely leans towards the latter much, much more than the games Kanisteri mentioned. I don't think I'd be able to go back to the likes of, say, Gran Turismo after playing Project Cars. It just feels like everything better, and it's a game that proves you don't need upwards of one thousand playable cars in it to be very deep.

#207 chunder27

chunder27

• 1,642 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:36

The thing is you guys all seem to be console users, in which case the game was DESIGNED for you.

If you have played proper sims on a PC then this just feels tacky, unfinished and poor. Which is exactly what it is sadly.

#208 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,708 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:24

What's so bad if game is DESIGNED for me? I rather pick that over the one which is designed for somebody else.

I bought my PS4 last year for 400 euros and it came with one game. With that money I hardly would get working "grandma-PC" from cheap retailer.

If I don't drop my PS4 on floor, it will work just fine in 2025. I cannot say same about your PC.

#209 chunder27

chunder27

• 1,642 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 15:33

My PC has lasted me perfectly well for abut 5 years. Cost me 400 quid and can play anything!

And in a far more immersive way than any console really can without having to buy a seat and rig type deal as you would with a PS4 and a wheel.

People are for some reason scared of buying PC's, you do not need a hugely powerful PC to play any racing games, I have played Iracing, RF2, and other games like Skyrim, Metro last light, all good quality graphically and never had any issues.

#210 David Wright

David Wright

• 88 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 16:56

My PC cost £500 not including monitor, I built it myself from components, its six years old and can't run rF2 let alone pCARS.  If you can make a PC for £400 that will still run sims like pCARs five years later you should go into business.  Windows costs £75 so that only leaves you £325 for components.

pCARs was designed for both PC and console.  Indeed, most of the WMD members were PC owners - the daily/weekly builds during development were only available on PC.  Most of the devs are PC simmers.  These are the guys who produced GTR, GT Legends and GTR2.

Edited by David Wright, 14 July 2015 - 17:12.

#211 chunder27

chunder27

• 1,642 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:13

I know what they produced chap, I was there at the begining and was asked to leave fairly quickly after criticising the early builds.  THe PC people who were involved were basically unpaid BETA testers and QA guys who paid to be involved. Their choice of course, but the game is so bug ridden, you have to ask.

My PC was second hand reconditioned and I can play just about anything on it, Grid Autosport on decent quality, RF2 aswell, so I think maybe your build is lacking something!

#212 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 3,421 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:58

There's a lot more to PC gaming than €2500 Titan videocards, obviously. You might initially pay a little more for a console-equivalent set of hardware (even though that gap is quickly shriniking as current console hardware isn't all that impressive) but from there on you'll be paying significantly less for the games. Console games are very expensive in comparison, in part because a part of that goes back to Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft to keep the initial prices on their hardware low. As of today, the console version of Project Cars is selling for €70, while it was already down to €30 during the latest Steam Summer Sale on PC. Even if you only buy a handful of games a year, you'll quickly end up spending hundreds of euros/dollars more than a PC gamer buying and playing the same games.

That doesn't mean one is better than the other. They're just different. At the end of the day, to use that cliché, they're all just games meant to be entertaining.

Edited by Nonesuch, 15 July 2015 - 13:03.

#213 riya21

riya21

• 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:54

Too bad you can't recreate a modern 3 class WEC race because all the necessary cars are there (P1, P2, GT), but the developers threw some other P1 cars to keep the R18 company. The Lotus lineup is very strong with 4 iconic Formula 1 cars with only the 72 lacking the classic livery. I can't think of many more F1 Lotuses to add except for the winged incarnations of the 49 or maybe the 88 . Perhaps it's time for one of the Indycar Lotuses.