- - - - -

Caterham F1 - 2014

• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

#751 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,590 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:52

so the question remains... who will be partnering Ericsson in Singapore: Kobayashi or Merhi?
I have a feeling that Merhi will have to do 1 more Friday training and will make his debut in Sochi (Russia) with Lotterer driving the car in Suzuka, which would be sad for Kamui.

I don't think we will see Lotterer again after he turned down the Monza offer

Advertisement

#752 TF110

TF110

• 856 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:02

Theyd be foolish to take Kobayashi out at Suzuka. Lotterer is nowhere on his scope of following in Japan. Hell, he may actually sell some good amount Caterham merchandise! Im quite sure his presense will be a boost. Not because his pace, but his nationality in his home country! He'll attract cameras on track for that reason alone.

#753 clipper

clipper

• 817 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:37

Theyd be foolish to take Kobayashi out at Suzuka. Lotterer is nowhere on his scope of following in Japan. Hell, he may actually sell some good amount Caterham merchandise! Im quite sure his presense will be a boost. Not because his pace, but his nationality in his home country! He'll attract cameras on track for that reason alone.

clever option would be to make it look like kobayashi is in danger of losing his seat for suzuka, and see if that brings in additional funds to ensure he stays for that race.

#754 tpm21

tpm21

• 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 19:16

All - BBC Radio Oxford had an interesting article about the way the staff at Caterham F1 have been treated. For those interested, the interview is 1.33.20 into this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p025ncq4

I'm not sure how long this will be available.

Thoughts?

#755 tpm21

tpm21

• 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 19:38

There is also a BBC Oxford TV news article here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-news-11092014

6 mins 15 seconds in - I believe this one is only available for 24 hours

#756 iii

iii

• 149 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 22:30

By the time this is seen they Caterham F1 will  likely be no more  and bust. and hass could buy there set up and offices for there start up team 

also if some one else holds the f1 licence there is nothing stopping them starting up a new company and telling them go stuff it

Edited by iii, 11 September 2014 - 22:34.

#757 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 402 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:14

My theory is that Caterham will go bust, then Kolles will bring in Forza Rossa to take over the factory, perhaps with the additional team licenese being given to someone else?

#758 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,590 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:23

But why? Who is Forza Rossa? All people which are working with Kolles since years (as Manfredi Ravetto) are now working at Caterham. Why not let the Romanian investors buy into the team and called them Forza Rossa 2015 onwards?

#759 B3ndy

B3ndy

• 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:34

But why? Who is Forza Rossa? All people which are working with Kolles since years (as Manfredi Ravetto) are now working at Caterham. Why not let the Romanian investors buy into the team and called them Forza Rossa 2015 onwards?

You wouldn't buy something thats got a heap of outstanding debt, you absolutely wouldn't buy something thats got a bunch of legal battles in the pipeline.

From a commercial POV it makes a lot of sense to let the thing wind up and allow the creditors to undertake a fire sale. We've seen this countless times before and for poor old Caterham there are no legacy performance payments associated with the licence, so even thats worthless.

Sad to see a team I really wanted to break though ending up like this, I hope they can find a way out.

Advertisement

#760 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 2,939 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:14

Looks like the seat auction didn't work out...

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/115904

#761 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,699 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:34

Is there any evidence that Caterham are still auctioning a race seat? Lots of websites seem to be assuming this but it does not stack up. 1) because Caterham are left with just one more driver change according to the sporting regs and 2)There are not that many drivers available with a super licence, especially now the FIA are clamping down on the qualification. Lotterer's substitution did not seem to be such a great success. It may have raised some funding and shown up Ericsson but it did not move the team forward. Mehri still has not qualified for a super licence and I get the distinct impression that he wants to concentrate on securing the 3.5 title.

#762 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 8,166 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:57

Is there any evidence that Caterham are still auctioning a race seat? Lots of websites seem to be assuming this but it does not stack up. 1) because Caterham are left with just one more driver change according to the sporting regs and 2)There are not that many drivers available with a super licence, especially now the FIA are clamping down on the qualification. Lotterer's substitution did not seem to be such a great success. It may have raised some funding and shown up Ericsson but it did not move the team forward. Mehri still has not qualified for a super licence and I get the distinct impression that he wants to concentrate on securing the 3.5 title.

I agree, would however expect that the dropped F1 drivers have the needed license, so say Red Bull want's Buemi to have a race they pay for the ride and off he goes?

:cool:

#763 TF110

TF110

• 856 posts

Posted Today, 02:34

Glad Kobayashi keeps his seat. Hope he can sneak a miracle points finish here. May take a caution or two, but it could happen.