Photo

Resources for Brazilian race results?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LotusElise

LotusElise

• 888 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 13:18

Does anyone know of any good sources of information about Brazilian (or South American in general) national-level racing, 1960s-1980s?

It may be the language barrier, but I'm really struggling with finding any sort of concrete information - results, entry lists, championships, press clippings - below Grand Prix level, before the 1990s.

There are a number of drivers I am trying to research, who seem to only exist as fleeting mentions in an article I managed to translate.

TIA

Advertisement

#2 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,848 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 13:34

Try these for starters :)

Acervo Estadão - O Estado de S. Paulo

Acervo Folha Brazil

:::[ BIBLIOTECA NACIONAL - Hemeroteca Digital Brasileira]:::

Quatro Rodas Coleção Digital - Digital Pages

Resultados de Corridas de Automóvel no Brasil

Resultados de Corridas no Brasil

#3 LotusElise

LotusElise

• 888 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 23:39

Thankyou, I will have a good old nosey.

#4 sramoa

sramoa

• 355 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:24

Try this:

http://www.luik.com.br/

...sometimes not working... :(

#5 JoBo

JoBo

• 473 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 18:53

How to you navigate on the first link? Unfortunately I do not speak Portugese language....

JoBo

#6 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,848 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 19:21

How to you navigate on the first link? Unfortunately I do not speak Portugese language....

JoBo

You can either go to an individual issue by using the date selector on the right, or search in the main search box. If you try searching for Nuvolari (for example) it will return 92 results between 1900 and 2010. You can then narrow these down by decade and then further by year, by simply clicking on the bar chart graphic. Then click on the image.

You will have to sign up for a free account in order to view and download the pages: don't worry, they won't spam you! However, there is a strict limit of twenty image views per day: as far as I can tell there is no way of fooling the system, since there appears to be a counter linked to your account.

#7 JoBo

JoBo

• 473 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 21:23

You can either go to an individual issue by using the date selector on the right, or search in the main search box. If you try searching for Nuvolari (for example) it will return 92 results between 1900 and 2010. You can then narrow these down by decade and then further by year, by simply clicking on the bar chart graphic. Then click on the image.

You will have to sign up for a free account in order to view and download the pages: don't worry, they won't spam you! However, there is a strict limit of twenty image views per day: as far as I can tell there is no way of fooling the system, since there appears to be a counter linked to your account.

muito obrigado  :stoned:

Jobo

Edited by JoBo, 22 January 2014 - 21:23.