Paypal

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 andysaint

andysaint

• 529 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 19:31

Hi

I am trying to buy a subsrciption and pay monthly by paypal but I keep getting the following error message 'Sorry, there was an error during your attempt to pay via PayPal. If you'd like to try again, please follow the instructions below'. This happens in IE and Firefox. Could anyone help?

Thanks

Advertisement

#2 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,856 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 00:46

Is the email address you're registering from the primary address for - or at the very least linked to - your Paypal account? If not, Paypal may be rejecting it on the grounds of possible fraud. You can link up to eight email addresses to one Paypal account.

#3 andysaint

andysaint

• 529 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:08

Nope I only have one email address for paypal

#4 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:51

Andy,

You really need to contact someone at the magazine by email. I suggest a PM to Simon Grayson will do the trick. Which is not the promise of a solution, but it is much more likely to be something they can look into for you.

#5 SamuelKorthof

SamuelKorthof

• 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:55

Same here! Can't renew subscription with PayPal and I get the same message. I have send an email to Autosport 4 days ago. Still no respons...

#6 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:51

As above, try Simon directly.

#7 SamuelKorthof

SamuelKorthof

• 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:59

Done. I  hope I get an answer or better a solution quikly. I realy want to read the +section and the magazine as F1 is revealing its new cars!

#8 andysaint

andysaint

• 529 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:02

Done as well thanks Buttoneer. I hope they sort it or they will lose out on my money!

#9 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:48

Hi all,

We've had few reports of this in the last few days. Frustratingly, there doesn't seem to be a common link between the cases where this error message is being shown which differentiates them from the cases where the payment is going through normally. This means that we can't even work out whether the problem is on our end, or with the connection between Autosport and PayPal, or on PayPal's end.

If anyone else who is having this problem could send screenshots to simon.grayson@haymarket.com with a bit of information about what happened when you were trying to subscribe (in particular, the country you're subscribing from, the package you're subscribing to and the type of computer/tablet/phone you're using) then I can show these to our developers who I hope will be able to find out what's going wrong.

#10 SamuelKorthof

SamuelKorthof

• 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:29

For me it is fixed. Finally I can read the +section and magazine. TNX! 

#11 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 15:26

As SamuelKorthof has found, this should now be working again for everyone.

If anyone still sees this problem, please let me know!