Recent short series on ITV4 about BTCC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carrotcruncher

carrotcruncher

• 100 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 13:55

To all TNF members.

How many of you enjoyed the above programmes? I have to admit I was a bit sceptical ,Touring cars have not been my favourite since the mid 90s.Probably due to the huge sums being spent and the fact that homologation issues seemed to have been "massaged". Then there was the lack of driving standards , but I have to say that I enjoyed the series hugely, especially the candid comments from some of the drivers about each other! Loved the often slanted views of Plato/Neal/ and others . Had a chuckle at the coverage of the feud  and almost fight in the Snetterton pit lane.

The sums being spent by some manufacturers surprised even an old sceptic like me , I mean 10.5 million pounds is not chicken feed , no wonder so many car makers withdrew.

I am not sure that I will ever follow the BTCC, but I understand  a bit better why others follow it avidly.

Regards to all,

David-carrotcruncher.

Advertisement

#2 David Wright

David Wright

• 99 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 14:21

There is already another thread on this topic.

The TNF members are a hard crowd to please, partly because like yourself, they are either not fans of touring car racing or not interested in touring car racing from a particular point in history.

I'm from a generation which played the TOCA computer simulations and who got into touring car racing during the super touring era so I enjoyed all three episodes.  For me its the current turbo NGT era which is where its all gone wrong with the mid 90s being the golden age (though I am very interested in the 60s, 70s and 80s too.)

Edited by David Wright, 20 February 2014 - 14:21.

#3 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 15:12

http://forums.autosp...ing-car-racing/

#4 carrotcruncher

carrotcruncher

• 100 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:53

Sorry to all for any duplication I may have created, must pay more attention in future (self inflicted slap on wrist about to be administered).Then I will read all the thread properly from start.

Once again ,apologies to originator of thread,

david-carrotcruncher.