Photo

Fantasy league access

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 15:46

I have been looking on a regular basis for the new for 2014 Fantasy League. I just happened to look this morning whilst on a Kindle and dicovered that it is up and running. On my lap top, running IE, clicking the live link is taking me to a 2013 page. I have tried logging out, it makes no difference. Are we now to assume that IE users will not have access to the Fantasy League or will this post prompt some action in this whole IE farce.

Advertisement

#2 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 14:41

I suggest that for the time being you use Firefox to access the forum.

No, you should not have to. Yes, IE should work. However IE doesn't work and nobody will make a commitment as to whether or when it might do.

If you can change to Firefox and choose not to, there is nothing any of us can do help.

#3 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 15:02

I tried that as well Buttoneer, guess what, it didn't work. I've checked out the Kindle this morning and it's vanished from there now and is showing the 2013 Fantasy League. However, I have been able to find it on the net, it's here, The Vanishing Fantasy League. What this is all about God only knows.

Your post would have been far more appropriate in the forum thread. Rather than you and other mods having to fend off the concerns of members, surely the courtesy of a response from the developers, positive or negative, would at least placate our concerns.

And to clarify, no, I won't use firefox, too stubborn, but let me assure you that I am not alone in this. As you will see from the forum thread, I am learning slowly how to introduce the smilies. This Fantasy League thing appears to be the case whichever browser is used. Maybe Autosport have decded to not get involved this year, if this is the case, why on earth keep the live link.

Edited by milestone 11, 23 February 2014 - 15:07.

#4 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:21

We will be partnering with the Fantasy League again for 2014.

If you click on the link in any browser at the moment, you should be seeing the end of season page for the 2013 season, until we're ready to launch for 2014. It sounds like a testing 2014 page was put live by mistake and then taken down again, but once it's properly live you will be able to play it in any standard browser (including IE).

#5 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,340 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 22:18

I see that the Fantasy League has been added to the destruction list. It doesn't print anything remotely resembling a WYSIWYG copy. There is no team name, date nor even to what race is referred to, it's a complete abomination.