* * * * * 1 votes

Motors TV set to join Freeview HD channel 240

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 20:09

It's official people: from this Thursday Motors TV UK is available subscription-free on Freeview HD channel 240!

1909318_10152230010679002_442472193_o.jp

Advertisement

#2 Sheepmachine

Sheepmachine

• 3,399 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 20:13

That's great news! :D

Edit: wait Internet connected television...... Awww :(

Edited by Sheepmachine, 24 February 2014 - 20:18.

#3 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,568 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 21:16

A lot of WEC is on Motors TV I think? 

#4 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 1,282 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 21:31

That's great news! :D

Edit: wait Internet connected television...... Awww :(

Yes you need a Freeview HD box with an internet connection to be able to watch it.

#5 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 21:32

A lot of WEC is on Motors TV I think?

Is WEC not on Eurosport??? I managed to watch all the races last year and don't have access to Motors TV.

(I hope its still on Eurosport, I really enjoyed the races and I'm just starting to get my head round it - with the different categories and who's who etc)

#6 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,041 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 23:19

Awesome :clap: Another channel I'll get on freeview that I don't get on VirginMedia that I pay for :rolleyes:

#7 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 23:31

I get Motors on VM... but then again I've got the full shebang package, except movies...

My only issue is that the resolution on Motors is sub-online stream at times.

#8 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,568 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 23:34

Is WEC not on Eurosport??? I managed to watch all the races last year and don't have access to Motors TV.

(I hope its still on Eurosport, I really enjoyed the races and I'm just starting to get my head round it - with the different categories and who's who etc)

Le Mans is always on Eurosport. Last year the Japanese GP was only on Motors. Maybe they share a deal?

It's not that important seeing as all races are live streamed in HD for free, but sometimes its nice to just flick on a channel.

#9 techspeed

techspeed

• 373 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 23:39

Awesome :clap: Another channel I'll get on freeview that I don't get on VirginMedia that I pay for :rolleyes:

Only if you have an internet connected TV. It's streamed over your broadband connection, it's not actually broadcast on Freeview.

#10 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 23:41

Le Mans is always on Eurosport. Last year the Japanese GP was only on Motors. Maybe they share a deal?

It's not that important seeing as all races are live streamed in HD for free, but sometimes its nice to just flick on a channel.

It's also good to have it on the TV so you can use the PC/tablet to follow live timing etc..

#11 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 23:47

Maybe I ended up watching the stream then??? I honestly can't remember now but I must have done in that case. At least I will still be able to watch, thanks!

#12 Peat

Peat

• 8,837 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:13

Motors carry all the WEC races bar Le Mans. Eurosport have that but also show (usually) the last hour or so of every WEC race live. 

#13 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,041 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:55

I get Motors on VM... but then again I've got the full shebang package, except movies...

That's what I mean, VM charge for channels that are free by other means. Bunch of shysters. I don't envy you paying VM a full shebang every month (£120+/mnth?). I got a half price deal for basic TV, phone and 30mb internet. Works out £26 a month. I put sky sports on for the end of the F1 season and the bill sky rocketed to over £80/month. And that didn't include BT sport, ESPN or any of the other extra sports channels, just Sky Sports HD 1/2/3 and F1 in SD (F1 is still NOT available in HD on VM even though I paid an extra £14 for the Sky HD sports pack!). VM are ******** in terms of pricing and their internet (in my area) is oversubscribed and often slows to less than a quarter of the advertised speed. And the ping stability is shocking for online gaming pretty much all the time.

Look forward to watching Motors on my new Samsung Internet TV though, awesome piece of kit with built in WiFi: http://www.currys.co...312060-pdt.html