- - - - -

Force India vs Williams

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 emmanuelrubi

emmanuelrubi

• 1,058 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 17:33

Based on the pre-season testing so far which team for you guys have a better chance to give a big surprise next season and which of these two will end higher in the WCC.

Advertisement

#2 vas04614

vas04614

• 637 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 17:37

Williams was 9th last year, so they will improve for sure. Relatively i am not aware of long runs but Bottas did 1:36.1 on Mediums, so could be williams quicker right now.

#3 Currahee

Currahee

• 596 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 17:51

I'd love to see Williams back at the front of the grid.

They've been off the front for too long.

#4 dau

dau

• 5,373 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 17:53

Man, i thought this was about another lawsuit.

#5 ch103

ch103

• 2,039 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 18:11

If reports by Joe Saward are true, Force India seem to be on the verge of a 2013 Lotus-esque season.  Allegedly, they (FI) have reached out to suppliers and are requesting them to accept different (delayed) payment terms.

So that being said - Williams will have the upper hand in the end.  

#6 emmanuelrubi

emmanuelrubi

• 1,058 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 18:41

If reports by Joe Saward are true, Force India seem to be on the verge of a 2013 Lotus-esque season.  Allegedly, they (FI) have reached out to suppliers and are requesting them to accept different (delayed) payment terms.

Do you have a link ?

#7 GroupC2

GroupC2

• 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 18:44

Here you go     http://joesaward.wor...on-force-india/

#8 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,336 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 18:59

I expect Williams to beat them, but not by much. Massa's presence will aid to this as I think he'll score more points than Hulkenberg. PĂ©rez and Bottas will be very close I think.

#9 Imateria

Imateria

• 2,424 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 19:01

I think from the off this may be the closest fight on the grid, potentially even with Ferrari in there to make it a 3 way.

#10 emmanuelrubi

emmanuelrubi

• 1,058 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 21:05

Thanks man !

#11 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope

• 7,911 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 21:17

It's been like 4 years and I still read that address as Joe's Award.

#12 Cacarella

Cacarella

• 1,111 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 21:19

It's been like 4 years and I still read that address as Joe's Award.

Thanks, now I do too.

#13 Lone

Lone

• 1,122 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 21:38

I expect Williams to beat them, but not by much. Massa's presence will aid to this as I think he'll score more points than Hulkenberg. PĂ©rez and Bottas will be very close I think.

I have to disagree, I think Bottas will beat Massa. Massa is a fast driver but Bottas is the real thing, even better than Hulkenberg. Perez is probably better than ever but not top level in my opinion.

#14 emmanuelrubi

emmanuelrubi

• 1,058 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 21:47

Yup i think Perez is a little undervalued at the moment everyone thinks he is not top level  and i have to agree that he is not on the RAI, HAM, ALO at the moment but part of that reputation is because of his performance with McLaren last year, IMO he might not have Hulkenberg consistency, but i think he might be faster than him, lets wait and see.

#15 MaxisOne

MaxisOne

• 2,342 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 21:48

Williams was 9th last year, so they will improve for sure. Relatively i am not aware of long runs but Bottas did 1:36.1 on Mediums, so could be williams quicker right now.

Yes but was that time approximately sustained during the stint ?  (I don't know just asking)  Merc had great 1 lap pace last year but not great sustained race pace for the most part.

I would love to see a Williams renaissance on the track.. They have been struggling for too long.

Edited by MaxisOne, 28 February 2014 - 21:52.

#16 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 23:25

I'd love for both to get wins. I think the championship will go Hulk, Bottas, Massa, Perez - with Williams edging it on points to be 4th.

#17 vas04614

vas04614

• 637 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:47

1:33.2 from MAS settled the discussion i guess

#18 loki

loki

• 12,293 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:55

Shaping up to be a good fight.  I read the Saward piece and while I'm not surprised it would be a shame to it get scuttled now.  I've thought Mallya more bluster than anything but the team have done a stellar job improving over the last few seasons and it would be heartbreaking for them to see the improvement stop abruptly.

#19 emmanuelrubi

emmanuelrubi

• 1,058 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:36

1:33.2 from MAS settled the discussion i guess

I don't see how it does, fastest times on testing season doesn't always means they are gonna be the fastest. 

Advertisement

#20 Molo19

Molo19

• 195 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:09

I expect Williams to beat Force India, but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

As far as Hulk v Perez, I would be positively stunned, if Perez had the upper hand.

Massa v Bottas is more difficult to predict, simply because there is so much volatility in Massa's performance. He can drive with the best of them (cue 2008), but also make baffling rookie-like errors when he's not on it. I'm inclined to put my money on Bottas.

#21 vas04614

vas04614

• 637 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:29

I don't see how it does, fastest times on testing season doesn't always means they are gonna be the fastest. 

I Guess your question was "Based on the pre-season testing so far which team for you guys have a better chance to give a big surprise next season and which of these two will end higher in the WCC". So I answered based on it, but yeah actually testing times are not a guarantee, I accept.

#22 Dunc

Dunc

• 924 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 17:07

Yup i think Perez is a little undervalued at the moment everyone thinks he is not top level  and i have to agree that he is not on the RAI, HAM, ALO at the moment but part of that reputation is because of his performance with McLaren last year, IMO he might not have Hulkenberg consistency, but i think he might be faster than him, lets wait and see.

OT I totally agree.  I'd put Perez down as a future WDC, ahead of Hulk.  I accept Hulk is consistent and quick but you need more than that to be a WDC and I just don't think he has that bit extra.

The William/FI fight is a good one.  I like both teams now and was a big fan of both in the 1990s when FI was still Jordan.  I actually liked both more than McLaren so I would love to see them competing with the chrome cars for wins.  I think Williams will just edge it though.  Symonds, Smedly, Massa, Martini et al wouldn't have been lured there if there wasn't some promise.

#23 Gorma

Gorma

• 2,713 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 17:13

At first I thought you meant their success by Lotus-esque :D

#24 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,786 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 17:15

Here's what happens with Williams, the car is real quick in Australia and the first few races and gets to about 80% race distance before dying. They get bad starts, bad accidents, you name it. They pick up a few points but not as many as the pace would suggest, then the rest catch up and it's all she wrote.

#25 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 17:43

I think this is a really tough one to call. I reckon the Williams will be the faster car but, in my opinion, Force India have the better drivers and for this reason I am backing them to come out on top. Just.

#26 Okyo

Okyo

• 2,868 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 17:50

Hulkenberg (Force India): "The Williams is incredibly good, especially from the corners out the rear of the Williams is more stable on the road than ours.."
Button (McLaren)"[At] the last test [2nd] I would have said the Mercedes was very strong on one-lap pace but the Williams was quicker over a race distance,"

So by now Ferrari, McLaren and Force India have themselves said that we are probably faster than them at the moment. Where's the debate here?

Edited by Okyo, 03 March 2014 - 17:58.

#27 Flyhigh

Flyhigh

• 4,223 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 17:51

I think they are both set to have great seasons, from the testing Williams seems a little quicker, but nobody really knows exactly. Drivers wise I think they are pretty close as well, Massa and Bottas is a very good combinarion, Massa being an experienced and great driver and Bottas having good potential. FI also, specially with Hulkenberg which I believe is a top notch caliber driver.