* * * * * 1 votes

For Sale: 1965 Motor Racing Register owned by Syd Diggory

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clanroyden

Clanroyden

• 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 14:06

I've been going through some old stuff and found a copy of the Motor Racing Register 1965 owned by my father Syd Diggory.  He's written his name inside it and folded into it was a photo of him in one of his cars. I think it's a Lister Jaguar, but not too sure. Also there is a newspaper page of an interview he gave in 1991 with a few "Dig" anecdotes. I'm including the original photo and the newspaper page.

The book is without it's dust jacket as shown on the pictures but in very good condition otherwise with all pages and spine in good order.

I am clearing out so looking to sell it. I have no idea what this little item might be worth but If anyone is interested, please make me an offer. You can send me a message using the message option on my profile.

register+1.jpg

register+2.jpg

register+3.jpg

Syd+Diggory+001.jpg

Advertisement

#2 Clanroyden

Clanroyden

• 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 13:22

I am looking for about £20 for this item including postage or can be collected from Chester.

#3 Paul Parker

Paul Parker

• 2,198 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:07

I've been going through some old stuff and found a copy of the Motor Racing Register 1965 owned by my father Syd Diggory.  He's written his name inside it and folded into it was a photo of him in one of his cars. I think it's a Lister Jaguar, but not too sure. Also there is a newspaper page of an interview he gave in 1991 with a few "Dig" anecdotes. I'm including the original photo and the newspaper page.

The book is without it's dust jacket as shown on the pictures but in very good condition otherwise with all pages and spine in good order.

I am clearing out so looking to sell it. I have no idea what this little item might be worth but If anyone is interested, please make me an offer. You can send me a message using the message option on my profile.

register+1.jpg

register+2.jpg

register+3.jpg

Syd+Diggory+001.jpg

For your information the car is the Aston Martin DBR2/2, one of only two made which your father bought in 1960 or thereabouts.

It was raced for him by Bruce Halford, Jimmy Blumer and somebody else I cannot recall and was sold on a few years later, future owners including Victor Gauntlett. I wonder how much your father paid for it and what he got when he sold it, today it is worth millions.

#4 mikeallen

mikeallen

• 40 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:20

Did you ever sell this? I would be interested if not.

Cheers

Mike