Photo

Bristol/Bath Jack Sears talk

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ron54

ron54

• 86 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:37

Any TNF'rs are welcome at The Bull @ Hinton (SN14 8HG) to meet/listen to Jack Sears give a talk about his racing experiences.

The date is the 1st of April 7.30pm for 8pm. The Bull is off the A46 close to J18/M4.
Best bring a cushion as the seats are "firm"

If travelling a long distance please phone Rob Ford (Club Lotus Avon) 07812 353 976 to confirm.

There is no charge....... Phill.

Advertisement

#2 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:52

Look forward to seeing you at the Bull on Tuesday Ron :up:

#3 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 16:01

Not wanting to start a new thread for this, I looked for an existing one with Jack Sears in the title, so this will do as well as anything.

http://www.autocar.c...mph-m1-motorway

Most will already know this story, but it's good enough to be worth repeating. Jack Sears, one of the sport's Grand Old Men, hope he'll be with us for a few more years yet.

#4 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,096 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 18:44

Rob, unless I am mistaken, we have a TNFer who was there that day.

Roger Lund

#5 ron54

ron54

• 86 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 22:11

Rob, unless I am mistaken, we have a TNFer who was there that day.
Roger Lund

Yes Sir. and a good evening was had by all, if any of you folks have the the opportunity to engage Mr Sears for a talk please do it
he does indeed represent a fast fading era of the sport which I remember but I am sure ia gone forever.....

I would In passing like to acknowledge the effort of our "leader" at CLUB LOTUS AVON.. Rob Ford who organised the above visit along with
with many other past and future(see website) for no gain or profit other than the enjoyment and pleasure of fellow enthusiasts and hopefully
any fellow T.N.F.ers..........Phill.

#6 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,096 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:49

Perhaps I was not clear in my comment. I meant that there was a TNFer there when Sears performed on the M1 with the AC

Roger Lund

#7 Sharman

Sharman

• 5,284 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:45

bradbury west, on 12 Jun 2014 - 09:49, said:bradbury west, on 12 Jun 2014 - 09:49, said:

Perhaps I was not clear in my comment. I meant that there was a TNFer there when Sears performed on the M1 with the AC

Roger Lund

There was indeed. my (the company's) landlord was Peter Bolton who was in the Le Mans team. I wandered into his office for a cup of coffee and he said "We're testing the Cobras on the M1 tomorrow, do you want to come?". Does a duck swim? I even got a ride with Peter. Oh Happy Days.

Typo edit

Edited by Sharman, 12 June 2014 - 09:47.