Callum's University Survey.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CallumStudent1

CallumStudent1

• 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 15:11

Dear all,

I am doing a Master's research project on online sporting communities at the moment and would really appreciate your help!

Please follow this link and complete my survey, it shouldn’t take more than 5-7 minutes:

http://abergeography...0wBDExxvJgmdSYt

The purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship between general life goals and brands, and how positive and negative experiences shape brand perceptions.The survey is part of large-scale study at Aberystwyth University under the supervision of Jan Breitsohl and will determine whether I will get future funding for my academic career.

Thank you very, very much for your help!

Ps. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at any time. 
We assure you that all responses remain strictly ANONYMOUS and that no personally identifiable information will be associated with your responses.

cjo@aber.ac.uk - Callum O'Sullivan.

Advertisement

#2 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,546 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 20:41

May I respectfully inquire what this has to do with the history of motor sport, which is what this forum is allegedly about?

#3 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,699 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:22

It appears to be a new student game - How many Internet 'communities' can you annoy by posting a totally irrelevant survey questionnaire?

#4 Dipster

Dipster

• 572 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:48

One could have fun with it answering with unexpected and unlikely responses - just like tele sales.....................

#5 lyntonh

lyntonh

• 1,650 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:28

Do we have to put the date on our reply?

#6 Catalina Park

Catalina Park

• 6,770 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:41

"What is the name of the club that you are supporting in this online community?"

#7 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,576 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:25

On another forum I frequented some time ago, annoying or irrelevant threads like this one rarely lasted as long as half an hour before being binned.

#8 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,096 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:59

I know someone who regularly forwards all junk e mails etc,  plus the usual e bay/amazon daily offers, to  any e mail addresses given for surveys such as this, on the basis that the recipient might benefit from them. He also sends back unaddressed junk mail in the post boxes....

Roger Lund

#9 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 4,051 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 13:17

Typically it uses the Agree/disagree format with statements that are not opinions.

That's before you get to the vapidness of the statements.

Perhaps a stiff note to the person named in the survey about it (or perhaps just forward junk mail to him as per Roger's post above):

Whom to contact if you have questions about the study:

Dr Jan Christian Breitsohl

Lecturer in Consumer Studies

Aberystwyth University

Email: jab99@aber.ac.uk

Phone: 0044 1970 622506

#10 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,776 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 15:35

I fail to see the point of moaning about this, gentlemen. Especially here. If you don't want to fill in the survey, then don't.

If you had all ignored it it would already have been making its way inexorably towards page two and eventual oblivion.

Personally, I only fill in online surveys if I get paid for them. It can be surprisingly lucrative.