- - - - -

Do you like Pirelli tyres?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 michal2009b

michal2009b

• 86 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:15

Since returning to F1 in 2011 there are a lot of opinions about the current tyre manufacturer. Are you enjoying races with Pirelli tyres? Do you like this type of quick-degrading rubber? As far as I'm concerned I like this tyres, because a lot more can happen on the racetracks, especially as there is no refuelling. 1-stop races are usually boring unless something odd happen and turn the race on its head. The more stops = more strategic options, more action, more overtaking, greater risk of something going wrong. I prefer races where the order is changing not remain stable. DRS is not needed on certain tracks like Spa or Interlagos and personally I am against the DRS but there are moments where one of the drivers can close right on the tail and keep us entertained.

Advertisement

#2 IPBushy

IPBushy

• 51 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:35

Whenever we talk about Pirelli, whether in praise or criticism, we have to remember they made their tyres in accordance with the requests made by the teams and the governing body.  They are perfectly capable of building rock-hard, Bridgestone-style tyres that would go on forever, if that's what they are asked to do.  However, when you do as you are asked and then get criticised for it by all and sundry, you will eventually give up and do your own thing.

#3 OO7

OO7

• 23,395 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:38

I don't like them, if a team elects to run a three stop race, their drivers should be able to push to limit in each stint.  With Pirelli tyres no matter with the strategy has called for a one, two or three stop race, there always seems to be quite a substantial amount of tyre babying occurring.

#4 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:51

Please use the search function before starting new topics.

There are many threads about the Pirelli tyres so please comment in one of those.