* * * * * 3 votes

2 new teams in F1 in 2015

• Please log in to reply
593 replies to this topic

#451 Sheepmachine

Sheepmachine

• 655 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:17

Calling it now, one of the drivers for Forza Rossa will be Narain Karthikayen. ;)

Advertisement

#452 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:52

More news on Forza Rossa and Haas Formula:

Haas has confirmed he will defer to 2016: http://www.forbes.co...oin-f1-in-2016/

Forza Rossa have a letter of intent from the FIA but still have to pay a 20 million pound bond before they are granted entry: http://www.worldcarf...1-bond---report

#453 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,242 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 16:26

I hear that there will be a third new theam in 2017: Indian Toro.

Dracula is rumoured to be a candidate driver at Forza Rossa :smoking: .

Edited by William Hunt, 04 June 2014 - 16:27.

#454 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope
  • Writer of 2013's Best Opening Post

• 6,999 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 16:34

I hear that there will be a third new theam in 2017: Indian Toro.

Dracula is rumoured to be a candidate driver at Forza Rossa :smoking: .

I think you misheard: it's actually that late 90s classic Dragula making a comeback:

#455 BRG

BRG

• 11,501 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 17:24

So... a Romanian F1 team ,eh?

Great, another thing for my country to **** up.

To be fair, I think it will be Romanian in the same way that a tin of Heinz spaghetti bolognese is Italian.

#456 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,775 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 18:27

To be fair, I think it will be Romanian in the same way that a tin of Heinz spaghetti bolognese is Italian.

True, but if what is being said about Forza Rossa is to be believed, the funding will be mostly from Romanian sources.

... which is annoying, because 90% of the funds will end up lining some people's pockets (not just Bernie's) by the time the team inevitably goes under. The cynic in me says that it's a money laundering exercise at the end of the day (at a far larger scale than the creative accounting currently in F1).

OvDrone: you're not the only Romanian here that sees this only as a gigantic opportunity for someone to **** up royally.  :wave::)

#457 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 18:34

One thing I don't want to happen:

So chances are will have Forza Rossa on the grid next year, now Forza Rossa obviously means 'Red Force', any guesses what the colour of the car will be? Let's not forget that they will be joining a grid next to a couple of RED Ferrari's and a couple of RED Marussia's. In 2016 we will have Haas joining, and if their NASCAR livery is anything to go by...yup... more RED.

A quarter of the grid could be red in a couple of years....Mix it up a little!!!!!!!! At least Caterham adds colour if nothing else....

#458 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,665 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 20:09

I prefer to have half of the grid red than white or grey actually.

Also I agree that Caterham stands out with their colours. Why nobody goes yellow, orange or light blue... Such cars would stand out even more. I'd like each team to have it's unique colour scheme and keeping it for years. I'm still cursing at Williams that they've gone white. :mad:

#459 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,384 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 21:18

So chances are will have Forza Rossa on the grid next year, now Forza Rossa obviously means 'Red Force', any guesses what the colour of the car will be? Let's not forget that they will be joining a grid next to a couple of RED Ferrari's and a couple of RED Marussia's. In 2016 we will have Haas joining, and if their NASCAR livery is anything to go by...yup... more RED.

A quarter of the grid could be red in a couple of years....Mix it up a little!!!!!!!! At least Caterham adds colour if nothing else....

We need a bright yellow car like your Forti.

Advertisement

#460 loki

loki

• 1,990 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 22:43

The stock car liveries are based on sponsor branding and change from race to race although the Haas Automation colors are red (and white or silver)  and have been since prior to him going racing at all.  I think it should be British racing green but they should call it North Carolina American racing green....   :wave:  :stoned:

#461 loki

loki

• 1,990 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 23:04

More news on Forza Rossa and Haas Formula:

Haas has confirmed he will defer to 2016: http://www.forbes.co...oin-f1-in-2016/

Forza Rossa have a letter of intent from the FIA but still have to pay a 20 million pound bond before they are granted entry: http://www.worldcarf...1-bond---report

I thought this bit was interesting...

Mr Haas confirms that “our plan is to have aero in Charlotte and engine work in Europe.” He adds “we are still looking at having a shop in Europe. England maybe would be the place to go because that’s where most of the Formula One teams are. We can’t do anything in Italy because of the tax presence there but you obviously have Formula One itself in the south of England so that would be a potential site.”

From that it looks like being near Ferrari is out  (though the Ferrari store in Malpensa is a good way to kill some time waiting for a flight) so plan B is race ops in Motorsport Valley.  Milano may look to some to be far from Maranello at about 200 km distance but the F1 charter filights are via Malpensa in which case it's exactly the place to be for an Italian presence.  Though the Forbes piece says the flights are out of England and Germany (London and Munchen) flight logs show F1 charters through Malpensa.

#462 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 8,108 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 23:05

Colour schemes are the least of my worries when new teams enter the sport. Currently we have Sauber, Mercedes and McLaren running something most 14 year olds could do better, two variations of Red Bull and one stolen from the heydays of a once grand name in F1, whose identity have been stolen and are being raped on top of that. As much as I like Ferrari, they are red and that is that, of all the other teams Marussia is by far the best.

:cool:

#463 dgduris

dgduris

• 241 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 23:15

I watched Gene Haas today being interviewed on NBC Sports. 

He clearly went into this not understanding the cost of setting up a base in either Italy or England and is now saying he's going to base shop in North Carolina. 

If that's true, he'll need a budget bigger than Red Bull's just for the travel.

Two words: Michael Andretti.

I believe Haas is smart enough to pull the plug on this folly before 2016 and his body language indicated such. 

#464 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,087 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 23:49

I disagree with the Michael Andretti argument. I believe a driver can get away with being away from a team. 

I just don't understand the strong desire by the U.S. wannabe teams to set up in North Carolina. While there are plenty of engineers and mechanics floating around the city from the various motorsports that operate out of the city, how many have F1 experience? And that is what a start-up needs. You are not building a factory to make shoes without people who know how to make shoes. That is especially big in F1. And how many people already based in Europe working for F1 or the junior formula teams are going to pack themselves and their family up and move to America? 

I hope if he decides to go through with his F1 team, that they abandon the U.S. altogether and buy an empty F1 factory in England. 

#465 D28

D28

• 100 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 14:41

I disagree with the Michael Andretti argument. I believe a driver can get away with being away from a team. 

I just don't understand the strong desire by the U.S. wannabe teams to set up in North Carolina. While there are plenty of engineers and mechanics floating around the city from the various motorsports that operate out of the city, how many have F1 experience? And that is what a start-up needs. You are not building a factory to make shoes without people who know how to make shoes. That is especially big in F1. And how many people already based in Europe working for F1 or the junior formula teams are going to pack themselves and their family up and move to America? 

I hope if he decides to go through with his F1 team, that they abandon the U.S. altogether and buy an empty F1 factory in England. 

Agreed. A great many of those engineers and mechanics are working on tube frame stocker racing cars. The  Lotus 25 introduced in 1962, hastened the end of space frames in F1, so this technology is 52 years out of date. NASCAR is the opposite extreme from the sophisticated technology used in current F1, I fail to see any advantages to be gained by locating in NC.

Given that talented engineers can learn or switch to new parameters, but the learning curve would be enormous, Would they be given time to adapt before the team ran out of money or patience? Haas faces an uphill battle as is, locating his team in NC just increases his problems.

#466 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,161 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 15:28

So far, the FIA's first choices of new teams for F1 have been:

Campos - wound up before starting

USF1 - built a toaster

Haas - already asking for a year delay

Meanwhile, the FIA turned down Prodrive, who are of course still going strong in the sportscar field.  And Stefan GP, who actually had a car running.

At least Marussia are still going.  Then again, Marussia had been racing for two decades before taking the step up.

#467 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 16:05

Haas - already asking for a year delay to build a competitive car

Corrected that for you :cool:

#468 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 16:10

Also, a couple of Romanian reports stating that Forza Rossa is not going to be the name of the team.

Aparrently they are just waiting for confirmation by the FIA.

#469 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,665 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 16:31

Also, a couple of Romanian reports stating that Forza Rossa is not going to be the name of the team.

Good. Forza Rossa sounds almost like a team of fans and supporters of Ferrari. :p

And they will not be confused with Forza India and Toro Rossa. Although that would be funny actually. I remember how much fun I had when in 2010 in on of the cycling teams there were riders with names: Bertagnolli, Bertogliatti and two riders with a name Bertolini. :lol:

Edited by Anderis, 08 June 2014 - 16:34.

#470 wonk123

wonk123

• 926 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 17:41

I thought Haas F1 said they had 200 applications with F1 experience?

#471 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,161 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 20:07

Haas - already asking for a year delay to build a competitive car

Corrected that for you :cool:

Dome waited a year to build a competitive car; we're still waiting.  Toyota did likewise; still no GP wins despite out-spending Qatar. 

#472 loki

loki

• 1,990 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 18:50

Haas - already asking for a year delay

He's not asking for a delay, the terms of his entry permit the team to enter in either 2015 or 2016.  You're entitied to an opinion but spinning the facts to support that opinion is another thing altogether.  He's been clear since being awarded the position that he'd prefer 2015 but could opt for 2016.

#473 Paco

Paco

• 1,207 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 20:35

Experienced F1 teams struggle every year getting the new car out. Many miss the 1st test session and that's with active staffing, active facilities with active suppliers! Why doesn't anyone with half a brain not understand the problem is the FIA bid process and timing of awarding an entry.. every time it happens to late for ANY squad to join the grid in 6months. Its just not realistic, feasible and can setup the team to waste valuable time planning, hiring the best staff. Every entry should be asked to join the way Haas has done which is 16-18 months later. That should be the norm. There should be progress milestones with the entry or financial penalties given into piggy bank and given back if the make it on the grid for the 1st test session of the year they race and if they don't, then a percentage of it given to all the other teams ie 25% of piggyback for each missed test.

#474 Paco

Paco

• 1,207 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 20:41

Getting a team off the ground is tremendous work and the effort needs to be appreciated, not ridiculed. Just because virgin, caterham etc. All limped onto the grid in shambles doesn't make it right or the norm just because the FIA division of F1 is a bunch of old same old same old washed has been with a mentality of.. this is the way it's always been. I still hope haas at least shows up at each test session in the 2015 preseason with a basic car showing he has what it takes. Or at the very least with a trailer, staff and watch from the pitlane learning and experiencing as a team.

#475 Option1

Option1

• 13,117 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 20:51

Shhhhh Paco and loki, they don't want facts, commonsense or clever thinking screwing with their blind prejudices.

Neil

#476 pdac

pdac

• 732 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 20:54

Shhhhh Paco and loki, they don't want facts, commonsense or clever thinking screwing with their blind prejudices.

Neil

Shhhh. Don't let on that you know their mindset.

#477 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,087 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 23:19

I wouldn't say Virgin and Lotus (Caterham) came into F1 already in trouble.  Is Haas going to try and be like the likes of a Virgin/Lotus and hire drivers right away? I remember Jose Maria Lopez bringing money being a key piece for USF1 to make the grid, and him falling short was the start of the team closing shop. 

#478 ATM

ATM

• 152 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 23:21

OvDrone: you're not the only Romanian here that sees this only as a gigantic opportunity for someone to **** up royally.  :wave: :)

Hear, hear. Especially if the funding will come, even partially, from public funds... we all know the drill. 

Anyways, how bad can we flunk with an F1 team? even us Romanians will have a hard time screwing up worse than Andrea Moda...right?

#479 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:50

Forza Rossa (or whatever they are going to be called) are apparently just waiting for official confirmation by the FIA: http://www.romania-i...e-in-f1/124355/

Advertisement

#480 Paco

Paco

• 1,207 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 15:06

Well, today's release by Haas to me at least is a bit disappointing. Article 6 listing what's need to built by the team is reasonable.. otherwise you just a team of cobbling together other people's parts. For Haas already basically saying he wants everyone's else tech vs. Developing in-house is very very disappointing and for me, not within the spirit of F1. Its already a shame how integrated and locked the new power units are and how little teams can do with them. Major thumbs down for Haas approach. So haas wants a frankenstein car.. for example: ferrari pu + transmission, Mercedes suspension, redbull wings, lotus safety cell yadda yadda What a load of crap.

#481 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,713 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 16:11

but it makes sense, and alot of the old cars where parts bin specials anyways.

#482 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,161 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 16:21

Presumably Haas is hopeful he can get the heating element from the USF1 toaster.

#483 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 17:28

Sauber have been doing it for years...

#484 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,087 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 19:33

Well, today's release by Haas to me at least is a bit disappointing. Article 6 listing what's need to built by the team is reasonable.. otherwise you just a team of cobbling together other people's parts. For Haas already basically saying he wants everyone's else tech vs. Developing in-house is very very disappointing and for me, not within the spirit of F1. Its already a shame how integrated and locked the new power units are and how little teams can do with them. Major thumbs down for Haas approach. So haas wants a frankenstein car.. for example: ferrari pu + transmission, Mercedes suspension, redbull wings, lotus safety cell yadda yadda What a load of crap.

At least until you know what you are doing. He "claims" somewhere to have applicants with F1 experience wanting to join his team. You would think he wouldn't need this kind of hand-out help to get going with the type of CV's his supposedly is getting. 

Should have let Tony Stewart get involved. Seems to be the one who has built the NASCAR team from a backmarker squad to one that won a title. 

#485 BRG

BRG

• 11,501 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 19:50

I wonder what colour he will paint his second hand Ferraris?

#486 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 8,108 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 20:10

I wonder what colour he will paint his second hand Ferraris?

Natural choice would be white with blue lengthwise stripes.

#487 Paco

Paco

• 1,207 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 21:08

At least until you know what you are doing. He "claims" somewhere to have applicants with F1 experience wanting to join his team. You would think he wouldn't need this kind of hand-out help to get going with the type of CV's his supposedly is getting. 

Should have let Tony Stewart get involved. Seems to be the one who has built the NASCAR team from a backmarker squad to one that won a title. 

The 'also' claims Tony Stewart doesn't want anything to do with F1.  That Tony is interested in "making" money not spending it. 

He seems intent on "assembling" his F1 car in the US.. so just because he is getting applications.. it depends what applicants he is interested in vs. whats landed on his door.  I'm 100% sure.. he is getting great talent applying across the board - unlike what many thought wouldn't be possible in the US.  That said.. I was hoping he would be a true constructor and build it himself vs. what he is saying today in the media.

#488 BRG

BRG

• 11,501 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 21:23

I'm 100% sure.. he is getting great talent applying across the board - unlike what many thought wouldn't be possible in the US. 

And I'm 100% sure that he isn't.

But as we are both guessing, who knows?

#489 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,405 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 21:49

True, but if what is being said about Forza Rossa is to be believed, the funding will be mostly from Romanian sources.

... which is annoying, because 90% of the funds will end up lining some people's pockets (not just Bernie's) by the time the team inevitably goes under. The cynic in me says that it's a money laundering exercise at the end of the day (at a far larger scale than the creative accounting currently in F1).

OvDrone: you're not the only Romanian here that sees this only as a gigantic opportunity for someone to **** up royally.  :wave: :)

Well, i'm an Indian and when i learned that Mallaya was about to buy a team and run it as Force India, my first thoughts mixed with some pride were... he must be joking. Well most countries have corrupt politicians... they're the same everywhere and so are business owners for the most part, who are driven by money more than ethos. For what it is worth, i was happy to be proved wrong. I would recommend crossing your fingers and hope for the best. For all we know we may very well have a good team come out. My prayers are with yours :)

cheers!

#490 ATM

ATM

• 152 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 22:08

Well, thank you for the nice words. However, I must underline that one thing Mallya has done correctly is getting good young technicians and good drivers (not paying drivers) and maximize their results. So, in that interest, he lead the team quite nicely, TBH. Anyway, much better than anticipated - when I heard he was planning to manage the team himself (incidentally, firing Collin Kolles in the process) I had the same reaction - he must be joking. But Mallya did pretty good actually.

For some reason, I have some doubts towards  Kolles and the whole project, particularly considering his HRT years and the fact that the Forza Rossa team (well, soon-to-be team) is struggling to put up the 20 mil. deposit.  Of course, I would very much like to eat humble pie and be proven completely wrong about it... but I just hope I'm not going to see 2 paying drivers using second-hand brakes, the way HRT was managing just before it folded. 

Edited by ATM, 11 June 2014 - 22:17.

#491 loki

loki

• 1,990 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 22:40

With the exception of Dallara being out of the picture now it's no different than what has been stated prior.  At the present burn rates of F1 team cash a move toward more customer car parts is good for the established constructors as well as new teams looking to come into the sport.  I see it as a better way to relax the budget requirements of the small teams and help others generate revenue.  The current cost model is not sustainable and at some point will reach a tipping point.

#492 Paco

Paco

• 1,207 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:14

I get it.. just don't think a "constructor" who takes everyone else engineering, innovations and cobbles together a frankenstein car is the spirit of F1.  There should be at least some things built by the team and Article 6 is at least a good starting point..  abolishing it and bringing customer cars is rubbish.  They think viewership is down now... wait till that happens. 

That said.. I'm still disappointed that this is the direction Haas is taking.  I was really hoping for a real effort from them.  Oh well..  To me.. not only isn't very F1 like but also very unamerican.  to depend on others for your success.

#493 loki

loki

• 1,990 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:30

You've missed the point, Paco.  He was always going to do it this way and has said so from the beginning.  Using customer car parts will have no significant impact on the viewership.  Only the F1 diehards follow such details and there are issues enough in the marketing of motorsport in general to a younger crowd, let alone F1 that have a much larger impact on viewing.  Or in this case not viewing.  Haas buying springs and wishbones from a supplier isn't going to interest most of those that follow F1 anymore than it would if he would have made them in house.

As for the spirit of F1, things change and those that don't change with them are likely to fade away.  Making F1 more affordable for smaller teams is part of that change.  I think it's a much better route than resource restrictions that can't be enforced or any sorts of arbitrary changes to sporting regs.  The cost drivers in the sport are the R&D and the fact the money isn't equitably distributed to the participants make the problem worse for the smaller teams.  One can choose to impact the entire sport with regs that minimize technology or one can choose to keep the rules relatively as is with respect to technology and those that can afford to make those advances will and can also use those resources as a revenue generator. What's happened is the so called spirit of F1 has met head on with the economic realities of present day and something has to give.  And it's not going to be the economic realities that give.  The sport needs to be governed with respect to the current business environment and not the environment from years or decades past.

#494 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,087 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:37

That said.. I'm still disappointed that this is the direction Haas is taking.  I was really hoping for a real effort from them.  Oh well..  To me.. not only isn't very F1 like but also very unamerican.  to depend on others for your success.

Actually what Haas is doing is pretty American. At least modern America. "If you can't make the best; buy the best." 

I don't have issue with the team having to beg and plead with the current grid makers for parts, it's that they are stubborn and sticking with the idea of running what is still a strong European based series.

#495 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 8,108 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:37

I get it.. just don't think a "constructor" who takes everyone else engineering, innovations and cobbles together a frankenstein car is the spirit of F1.  There should be at least some things built by the team and Article 6 is at least a good starting point..  abolishing it and bringing customer cars is rubbish.  They think viewership is down now... wait till that happens. 

The spirit must have changed then, or at least changed for you. There is a long a glorious history of teams running customer cars in F1.

#496 loki

loki

• 1,990 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:31

Actually what Haas is doing is pretty American. At least modern America. "If you can't make the best; buy the best." 

And if you can't buy the best then copy it and if it's patented find a way around it...    :p

#497 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,767 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:34

There is a long a glorious history of teams running customer cars in F1.

That's exactly right. However, over the past 60+ years, it was mostly constructors that have been successful.

#498 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 8,108 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 14:12

That's exactly right. However, over the past 60+ years, it was mostly constructors that have been successful.

But that is not the question / statement I was replying to. The sport have always had big and small teams, and the big ones have always won, and the small ones have rarely won. The idea that customer cars are bad, does not grate against tradition. I would welcome it with open arms as soon as the sport is no longer a closed franchise. The closed franchise is as far as I see it one of the BIG reasons F1 is struggling.

#499 D28

D28

• 100 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 20:08

In the news stories on this site, Haas is quoted on the desirability of an American driver, eventually joining his team. The story refers to media speculation about Danica Patrick, none of which I have seen; and which Haas reportedly joked about.

It mentions Alexander Rossi, currently test driver for Caterham F1 and GP2 racer.as the most obvious American candidate. I see he has won at GP2 last year and that is all I know of him. Would he be a serious possibility and are there other more likely drivers who might make the step up to F1?  My impression is that most Americans with real talent graduate towards NASCAR, rather than OW competition, but there must be many that I am unaware of.  

Advertisement

#500 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,087 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 20:44

Quick list of American drivers who I believe would be on Haas' list (in no particular order):

Alexander Rossi (22): not the strongest junior formula, but better than some who've made it to F1 in recent years. Been connected to Caterham for last 3 years. 

Conor Daly (22): most know him for his flip at Monaco and donuts which created an FIA firestorm in GP3 did some straight-line testing for Force India.

Ryan Hunter-Reay (33): says he loves IndyCar, and is the best American in IndyCar, and doubt he'd leave at his age and contract situation at Andretti.
Danica Patrick (32): Because she's Danica. Hired by the NASCAR team Haas is co-owner of. Name still has some notoriety in motorsport in the U.S.
Josef Newgarden (23): Did move to Europe and ran Formula Ford and GP3 before returning to the U.S. Popular driver in IndyCar (albeit lack of results to truly show if he's good or not).
Johnathan Summerton (26): Mentioned with USF1 and company that tried to purchase the remnants of the failed attempt. Hasn't run single seater race since '09.
Kurt Busch (35): Did very well in his Indy 500 debut. Just sign with Haas' NASCAR squad. Did some publicity tests for Rahal in Champ Car after his NASCAR title.

Danica is the joke of this whole thing, but when it comes to finding sponsors, they seem to not care if she performs on track or not. And with the limited years left in her (she is 10 years older than most F1 rookies), and the success of recent start-ups in F1, money could win over speed. 

But seeing as this will probably be for the number two role, I wouldn't mind seeing Danica in the seat (shudders at though). If she can bring some funds, and seeing as Haas is wanting a F1 veteran in the other seat, bring the money. If she's slow, so what, the number one will at least have a chance.