* * * * * 3 votes

2 new teams in F1 in 2015

• Please log in to reply
593 replies to this topic

#551 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:21

The article raises a few interesting questions. With the cars being built and just the FIA formalities to get out of the way, How much slower will the 2015 car be than the 2015 Marussia's and Caterhams? Who will drive at such short notice? Will a years advantage put them ahead of Haas in 2016?

Advertisement

#552 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 8,102 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:54

With as little factual stuff about this, I have a hard time thinking that they will be on the grid in 2015 and if they will ever be on the grid.

:cool:

#553 turssi

turssi

• 1,190 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:59

Yeah the topic could be altered from two new teams tô no new teams in 2015

#554 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 13:32

Be gone you haters who only say bad things!

#555 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 8,102 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 13:53

Be gone you haters who only say bad things!

Ehhhh..... not sure what bad things I said. I merely point out that half a year before 2015 the Forza Rosso team is yet to be officially launched, and confirmed by the FIA. I am on record many places here for saying that anyone wanting to field a car should be allowed.

So bad???

:cool:

#556 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:01

Lotus in 2010 wasn't confirmed until September, so I am holding out 'till then :cat: 

#557 BRG

BRG

• 11,486 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 18:55

...his technical team in Germany is designing and building the Forza Rossa cars

Technical team?   Is this his LMP2 team?  Designing and building a F1 car is a bit more challenging than running a customer LMP2 car.  

Mange aside, Kolles is just a sort of chancer, a Del-Boy character but with dental qualifications.  I have zero faith in his ability to deliver any of his claims.

#558 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,049 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 19:15

Mange aside, Kolles is just a sort of chancer, a Del-Boy character but with dental qualifications.  I have zero faith in his ability to deliver any of his claims.

I've grown to like Kolles.  He has a Keith Richardsesque ability to keep going when all around are dying off.  We need a few other buggers with his stubbornness.

#559 pdac

pdac

• 722 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 00:12

I've grown to like Kolles.  He has a Keith Richardsesque ability to keep going when all around are dying off.  We need a few other buggers with his stubbornness.

Yeah, Del-Boy grew on me too.

Advertisement

#560 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,206 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 22:35

I wonder if they will run in Romanian colours (yelow-blue-red), in red (owner is a Ferrari importer in Romania) or in the colour of the main sponsor.
And Haas in red I assume? That's the colour of Haas automation.

#561 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 18:46

Blue, yellow and red would be awesome, would add a lot of colour to the grid in '15. Especially if we lose Caterham at the end of this year.

#562 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,665 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 20:08

I think it's a big shame, that white, silver/gray, black, dark blue and red are colours, that, Caterham aside, are taking like 90-95% of space on all current cars. Where is some yellow? Where is some orange? Where is some light blue or purple?* Too little variety. And some unexploited opportunity to stand out from the current grid.

*- some I mean at least 15-20% of the area of a given car.

#563 DinocoBlue

DinocoBlue

• 428 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 20:39

All this talk of liveries has reminded me when Lotus Racing was announced, I think it was still 1Malaysia or something at the time, and they had that brightly liveried model. Some thought it was the final look for the team.

#564 loki

loki

• 1,986 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:12

Does Forza Rossa have any other funding available?  if they've waited for the government backing to pay the FIA fee that doesn't bode too well.  That leave 35 mil to build the car and start the team.  We all know how well it worked that last time Kolles has to deliver a car on a time crunch with limited funding.  It doesn't appear to be well funded and rusing to make 2015 seems to be a recipe for disaster.

#565 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 1,792 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:42

Sorry, but the name Forza Rossa alone already gives me an idea it will not be on the grid. And even if it does, it won't survive long.

#566 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,206 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 13:15

what we do know is that Colin Kolles is a survivor and a fighter who can run a team on a shoestring budget

#567 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 16:53

The money from the government was just to pay for 2015 entry. The rest of the money is privately funded.

Also 'Forza Rossa' is not the name of the team, it is the name of the car dealer run by one of the teams owners. They don't actually know what they are calling it yet.

#568 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,552 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 15:05

I guess the name will be Caterham :rotfl:

#569 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 1,382 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 15:38

all the power to kolles, as long as it isnt another hrt.

#570 DinocoBlue

DinocoBlue

• 428 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 15:57

I guess the name will be Caterham :rotfl:

Surely Caterham Jr? ;)

#571 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 17:08

Caterham and the 2015 project are completely separate. :cool:

#572 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:20

http://www.blackseanews.net/read/84895

FIA have just approved 2015 entry, the team will use Renualt engines next year.

#573 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 554 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 16:08

Rossi getting the Marussia test seat could be a stepping stone for the Haas ride.

Working with the Ferrari engines can only help if Haas goes with the prancing pony.

#574 lambylamby

lambylamby

• 554 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 17:38

http://www.blackseanews.net/read/84895

FIA have just approved 2015 entry, the team will use Renualt engines next year.

Just that source? Nice news if true. Hope they've been developing for a long long time though... And with Renault/Ferrari engines only available i suppose it's the same predicament of not being on pace with Mercedes engines... Of which both force India and Williams look very very solid. Come next year they will probably be (if based on 2010 new cars average performance) 4-5 seconds off and probably 0.5-1.0 sec off caterham/marussia (current pace) if they don't have a huge budget, which puts them in the realm of Monaco 'luck'. Of course cars have changed a lot since 2010 and of the new teams none had a' plain sailing' journey in to f1-Marussia had the small fuel tank/cocky cfd approach, caterham had a very basic car, HRT had the skin of their teeth and usf1 had toasters. If they are on the grid next year, based on previous seasons I see marussia .5 (or closer) off midfield next season (if they get ninth they'll have the spending power/sponsor allure to possibly compete with toro rossos/saubers pace), with caterham either doing to same or up to a second off the pace, so they have to be on that. I think it'll be a season of locking horns with hass in 2016, I really don't see hass being bang on the pace in their first season, so there is a lot of pressure on Forza Rosas to perform very efficiently (and roughly there or thereabouts) next season to marussia/caterham.

Of course this is all wild speculation, but drawing on the last set of entries that's what I predict. I also think they will fulfill the HRT style of approach unless Ferrari have any need to help them out. (Although if hass get the Ferrari engines I really don't see any linkup there at all).

#575 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,206 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 13:03

an experienced driver and a rooklie paydriver for Forza Rossa (or whatever they will be called) next year?

#576 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,079 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 13:19

Rossi getting the Marussia test seat could be a stepping stone for the Haas ride.

Working with the Ferrari engines can only help if Haas goes with the prancing pony.

I think it's a shame he is at the level where he is only aiming at a backmarker seat 2 years down the road. After his early test with BMW-Sauber for winning the FBMW Finals, and runner up in GP3, he looked to be the best non-Red Bull talent gunning for F1. Now like he said in the Autosport article about joining Marussia, he thought he was off the radar of F1, hence his rushed deal with the team. He is off the radar. His past 3 seasons have killed his career. Since connecting with Caterham he has been dragged down. 

#577 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 554 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 16:30

He's not really off the radar if he's still in F1. This is a step up compaired to Caterham.

Yes he gets more attention because of his nationality, but the whole point is to have a capable American driver in an American car.This will draw inerest from both sponsors and fans.

If he falls flat on his face then fine, but if he does anything positive it can only help revise F1 here.

F1 doesn't need a Yank, but it can really only help since noone is giving him a chance of success anyway,

#578 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 396 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:23

http://www.sportti.c...T=1-1&ID=271248

This source also claims that FRR have got confirmation for participation next year and an announcement will come in the near future.

#579 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 554 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 16:35

This question maybe has already been asked, but how can Kolles have his hand in both teams? Caterham and FR.

Either way I don't care too much for the cut of his Jib.

Edited by InSearchOfThe, 20 August 2014 - 23:40.

Advertisement

#580 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 176 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 16:42

Hope so. 

More cars, more drivers, more opportunities for the young guns to emerge from lower categories. 

Anyway, it is an article from 8 th august, so not really recent. 

Edited by thegamer23, 20 August 2014 - 16:43.

#581 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 554 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 16:47

Ah...you really didn't answer my question.

#582 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 176 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 16:51

Ah...you really didn't answer my question.

'Cause I wasn't answering your question, actually i missed it while writing.  :wave: 
Don't know how Kolles can do that. Would be a conflict of interests. 

Edited by thegamer23, 20 August 2014 - 16:53.

#583 DinocoBlue

DinocoBlue

• 428 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 17:53

It does seem odd that he had been liked with Forza Rossa for a long time and them popped up at Caterham. Did he just get squeezed out at FR or was he never really connected to the project?

#584 BRG

BRG

• 11,486 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 18:38

This question maybe has already been asked, but how and Kolles have his hand in both teams? Caterham and FR.

As one team doesn't actually exist, there is no problem.

#585 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,206 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 18:42

Kolles was just hired as a temporary advisor for Caterham, it's not his team. He is still focussed on Forza Rossa.

#586 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 554 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 19:23

'Cause I wasn't answering your question, actually i missed it while writing.  :wave: 
Don't know how Kolles can do that. Would be a conflict of interests. 

My bad.

#587 Maikel0230

Maikel0230

• 124 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 19:32

Yeah, it's been awfully quite with this Forza Rosso business. Had hopes they would make it, like someone here said, more teams mean more space for young talent.

Perhaps they want it this way, to remain silent for now however an entry in 2015 is a lost cause. I believe you need to start in may to have a remote change of making it on the grid, at least that's what someone once told me.

#588 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,625 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 23:49

This question maybe has already been asked, but how can Kolles have his hand in both teams? Caterham and FR.

Either way I don't care too much for the cut of his Jib.

Well, Briatore, Walkinshaw and Ligier, Minardi, Benetton, Arrows - now that was a mess. This is just, a guy trying to get his former drivers in a F1 seat or something, the more the merrier - I like it :p

#589 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 554 posts

Posted Yesterday, 00:10

Well, Briatore, Walkinshaw and Ligier, Minardi, Benetton, Arrows - now that was a mess. This is just, a guy trying to get his former drivers in a F1 seat or something, the more the merrier - I like it :p

So.. by this logic we should see the FR seats have a shootout between Bruno Senna, Narian Karthikeyan, Markus Winklehock, and Sakon Yamamoto?

#590 turssi

turssi

• 1,190 posts

Posted Yesterday, 00:18

Kolles was just hired as a temporary advisor for Caterham, it's not his team. He is still focussed on Forza Rossa.

I thought it was the other way around.

#591 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,625 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:00

So.. by this logic we should see the FR seats have a shootout between Bruno Senna, Narian Karthikeyan, Markus Winklehock, and Sakon Yamamoto?

Well, Senna wasn't popular with Kolles, so no. And I do think Karthikeyan would be "to old". Winkelhock enjoys his racing for Rene Munnich I think. Yamamoto, well, I wouldn't be surprised, or Klien for that matter. James Rossiter have driven for him before, he does have some recent experience as well, and a Super-License - and I just realized, is contracted to Kodewa for the supposed WEC programme with the AER-car, so it's possible. Don't think Liuzzi would be a candidate, he seems to have taken the "other way". From F1 with Kolles to Le Mans with Kolles.

So. Rossiter and a guy with a fair amount of money beside him? I wouldn't be too surprised to be fair!

#592 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,206 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:37

Yeah, it's been awfully quite with this Forza Rosso business. Had hopes they would make it, like someone here said, more teams mean more space for young talent.

Perhaps they want it this way, to remain silent for now however an entry in 2015 is a lost cause. I believe you need to start in may to have a remote change of making it on the grid, at least that's what someone once told me.

I am confident they will be on the grid.
And remember which new team was making the most noise a couple of years ago? USF1 with their 'toasters'.
The teams who weren't making big noises: Caterham & Marussia are still on the grid, USF1 never even made that grid.
And Caterham was confirmed very late, only in September.

#593 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 554 posts

Posted Yesterday, 19:33

@ Myrvoid- I was being completely sarcastic. Weren't you?

Edited by InSearchOfThe, Yesterday, 21:09.

#594 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,625 posts

Posted Yesterday, 20:14

@ Myrvoid- I was been completely sarcastic. Weren't you?

Nope :p

EDIT: And according to Joe Saward, they had lengthy discussions with Rossiter!

Edited by Myrvold, Yesterday, 22:19.