* * * * - 16 votes

Lewis Hamilton vs Nico Rosberg 2014 part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#51 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,084 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:30

I think DNF's could well decide the title either way. I'm sure we've not seen the last one for either driver.

Advertisement

#52 McLarenNo1

McLarenNo1

• 145 posts

I think that if Mercedes stays dominant, and far ahead of the field, Hamilton will always be a little more aggressive than Rosberg. That means: if they crash, they probably won't be able to finish the race, both of them. If they won't crash, 6 out of 10 times (a small majority) Hamilton will win the race. I think.

If other teams intervene, in the way that after a pitstop Mercedes-drivers end up behind a driver that is slower but is postponing his stop, and if Hamilton has not matured as much I perhaps I think he has, and if Rosberg is not stressed out more by the fact that he has the chance to win the WC, I think the change is bigger that Hamilton will have compromising clashes with other drivers than Rosberg. The points differences are so great today, that one non-finish for a Mercedes-car almost immediately means a 25 point extra deficit.

Furthermore, I have the impression that Hamilton - being the fiery driver that he is, and that's why his fans love him - is more agressive in traffic and hence harder on his tyres. Yes, he did fine in Bahrain, but what if the race had been during the day?

Again, my opinion is based on the last seven years or so. It could be that Hamilton has changed totally. It could happen. He is almost thirty. Perhaps he is like Jody Scheckter, who was the wild man of F1 (some other drivers called him, behind his back, 'The Ape',) and then, late seventies, matured into perhaps the smartest driver in F1 after Niki Lauda...

Did you not see last years Bahrain race, opposite of what you think happened. I always find amazing seeing so many wrongly attributed negatives related to Lewis. If he was so bad at driving styles compared to other drivers, then how is it possible to beat so many of his highly regarded teammates. Nico is a strong driver as he has shown throughout his career and beating a 7xWDC drive 3 seasons in a row shows he is good. No doubt this season will be very close between them. Both have good qualifying and race pace. Hopefully it is settled on driving than car reliability or misfortune this season.

#53 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 2,441 posts

First jenson was prost and now it is nico I wonder if Maldonado was hamiltons team mate would he be likened to prost too...

In this thread you are the first to mention this comparison. If you find the comparison annoying, (I think that's why you mention it)... why do you mention it?

Furthermore, Prost was much, much 'mean' than Rosberg. I remember a story about how Prost won first price in his first race-course. During the beginning of the week, it was raining. So everybody braked for a certain corner at about 100 metres. Then it stopped raining. Prost still braked at 100 metres. And still was one of the fastest. Then came the last race of the course. Suddenly Prost braked at 40 meters... twenty meters later than everbody. His first race-instructor: 'It destroyed all of them.'

Can't see Rosberg pulling such a stunt...

#54 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 2,441 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:34

Did you not see last years Bahrain race, opposite of what you think happened. I always find amazing seeing so many wrongly attributed negatives related to Lewis. If he was so bad at driving styles compared to other drivers, then how is it possible to beat so many of his highly regarded teammates. Nico is a strong driver as he has shown throughout his career and beating a 7xWDC drive 3 seasons in a row shows he is good. No doubt this season will be very close between them. Both have good qualifying and race pace. Hopefully it is settled on driving than car reliability or misfortune this season.

You obviously did not read my other posts in the other thread, nor have you've really read my posts in this thread. If you read them carefully you see I am not being negative at all. You suffer from what is called 'confirmation bias': you are afraid that people are going to be negative about your fav driver, that's why you see negative comments about your fav driver or you think you see negative comments about your fav driver.

But, just for you: I think the top number 2 drivers now are Vettel and Hamilton. See somewhere above. Is that also negative or what?

But he still has his weak points. As has Nico. As has Button. As has Vettel (though I can't mention many of them, at the moment).

#55 Bartonz20let

Bartonz20let

• 838 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:34

Are some people giving last year to Nico?

#56 P123

P123

• 8,713 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:36

Thanks in part, to Lewis' broken chassis. And most importantly, to the fact that the car was built for Rosberg and Schumi, not for Lewis.  This year, Lewis feels comfortable in the car. 

Nico might very well end up winning the championship, on merit or due to reliability/luck. But he will have to fight for it.   Lewis will be harder to beat than last year.

We have no idea of knowing when the chassis became cracked- for all we know if could have happened in Q1 at Abu Dhabi when he ran over the same kerbs that Alonso did (which was recorded as a high G impact for the Ferrari and gave FA a lot of pain).

I agree that LH should be harder to beat this season and less likely to suffer a dip in form, borne out of the tyre change more than anything else IMO. But reliability will play a bigger role than ever this season, especially with both cars seemingly nailed on for positions 1 and 2 for the next few races at least. In their 20-odd races together so far it's clear that for one to beat the other they need to be at the top of their form, and that generally there is a very small margin in pace between them. I don't see that changing for the remainder of this season.

#57 P123

P123

• 8,713 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:38

Doubt it; Nico was strong in the later races but overall Hamilton edged it. If anybody is 'giving' the season to NR then that's probably because those races are fresher in memory.

#58 bub

bub

• 2,535 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:43

Personally no I'm not, but I think a case could be made for it. Why do you ask?

Edited by bub, 10 April 2014 - 18:43.

#59 Bartonz20let

Bartonz20let

• 838 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:48

Personally no I'm not, but I think a case could be made for it. Why do you ask?

Just interested, the tone from a post made me wonder.

Nothing sinister I assure you ;)

Advertisement

#60 McLarenNo1

McLarenNo1

• 145 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:50

You obviously did not read my other posts in the other thread, nor have you've really read my posts in this thread. If you read them carefully you see I am not being negative at all. You suffer from what is called 'confirmation bias': you are afraid that people are going to be negative about your fav driver, that's why you see negative comments about your fav driver or you think you see negative comments about your fav driver.

But, just for you: I think the top number 2 drivers now are Vettel and Hamilton. See somewhere above. Is that also negative or what?

But he still has his weak points. As has Nico. As has Button. As has Vettel (though I can't mention many of them, at the moment).

I have not read your other posts but was answering your question with an example on what has happened in that scenario you describe Hamilton will be hard on his tyres. The opposite happened. How is saying a fact a sign of showing confirmation bias, just responding to point you made based on your opinion. Lewis has always been an intelligent driver, his record speaks for itself.

#61 RubalSher

RubalSher

• 2,476 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:50

Not me.

#62 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 18:56

I think Nico has already blown it.  imo from now on whether he likes it or not, he is the #2 driver at Merc.

Bahrain was a BIG mistake by him, he should not have lifted when Lewis was aggressive, he should have kept his foot in and either passed or crashed.

I don't say that lightly but its a mental thing, Lewis now knows that Nico WILL back out if they get very close, he now has the upper hand on Nico.

if Nico has kept his foot in and even if they'd have crashed at least Lewis would know Nico would be willing to take him off and thus Lewis would be wary in close battles.

its only my opinion but Its what I feel, like the old Senna way 'either let me pass or we crash', after that they are more wary of him.

for now Lewis has the upper hand mentally. 

#63 McLarenNo1

McLarenNo1

• 145 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 19:02

I think Nico has already blown it.  imo from now on whether he likes it or not, he is the #2 driver at Merc.

Bahrain was a BIG mistake by him, he should not have lifted when Lewis was aggressive, he should have kept his foot in and either passed or crashed.

I don't say that lightly but its a mental thing, Lewis now knows that Nico WILL back out if they get very close, he now has the upper hand on Nico.

if Nico has kept his foot in and even if they'd have crashed at least Lewis would know Nico would be willing to take him off and thus Lewis would be wary in close battles.

its only my opinion but Its what I feel, like the old Senna way 'either let me pass or we crash', after that they are more wary of him.

It wouldn't put him in a good place in the team if he did that. Also there was no need for him to do that, he should have been able to pull the moves off but fell into Lewis's trap. He got outfoxed but I'm sure he will come back stronger after analysing what happened in the race.

Edited by McLarenNo1, 10 April 2014 - 19:03.

#64 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,210 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 19:05

Lewis has always driven like this. Running Webber wide at Hungary turn 3 last year just from top of my head. I wouldn't read it like a statement.

#65 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 19:07

It happened in last year in Malaysia, he had the better performing car, 3 times Nico overtook and was passed again by Lewis in the slower car before Ross called a halt to it.

For someone who is praised as cerebral he's a slow learner

#66 TF110

TF110

• 1,048 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 19:11

This is 2014, not 2013. Lewis would have had Brazil imo had it not been for the incident taking him out of no fault of his own. Silverstone was his as well. Unforseen circumstances robbed him of two wins last season. And so far possibly 1 win this season. Nico is quick, but Lewis is quicker. Even with a not so perfect setup, even with 1 compound harder tires, even with a safety car bunching up the field; he beat Nico. Bring on China, Im thinking a 3-peat is looming and the gap is 4 points.

#67 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,210 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 19:15

This is 2014, not 2013. Lewis would have had Brazil imo had it not been for the incident taking him out of no fault of his own. Silverstone was his as well. Unforseen circumstances robbed him of two wins last season. And so far possibly 1 win this season. Nico is quick, but Lewis is quicker. Even with a not so perfect setup, even with 1 compound harder tires, even with a safety car bunching up the field; he beat Nico. Bring on China, Im thinking a 3-peat is looming and the gap is 4 points.

I guess you meant 2012 in a McLaren  :stoned:

#68 TF110

TF110

• 1,048 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 19:15

Oh no. Wrong gp!

Edited by TF110, 10 April 2014 - 19:20.

#69 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 2,441 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 19:34

No. But I am not giving it to Hamilton either. I think they both had an excellent year. 

#70 garoidb

garoidb

• 4,083 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 19:48

What if Nico doesn't back out next time? This wasn't a fear thing, it was a judgement and a calculation. If Nico wants to change his approach, there is nothing stopping him.

#71 bub

bub

• 2,535 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 20:01

I think that if Mercedes stays dominant, and far ahead of the field, Hamilton will always be a little more aggressive than Rosberg. That means: if they crash, they probably won't be able to finish the race, both of them. If they won't crash, 6 out of 10 times (a small majority) Hamilton will win the race. I think.

If other teams intervene, in the way that after a pitstop Mercedes-drivers end up behind a driver that is slower but is postponing his stop, and if Hamilton has not matured as much I perhaps I think he has, and if Rosberg is not stressed out more by the fact that he has the chance to win the WC, I think the change is bigger that Hamilton will have compromising clashes with other drivers than Rosberg. The points differences are so great today, that one non-finish for a Mercedes-car almost immediately means a 25 point extra deficit.

Furthermore, I have the impression that Hamilton - being the fiery driver that he is, and that's why his fans love him - is more agressive in traffic and hence harder on his tyres. Yes, he did fine in Bahrain, but what if the race had been during the day?

Again, my opinion is based on the last seven years or so. It could be that Hamilton has changed totally. It could happen. He is almost thirty. Perhaps he is like Jody Scheckter, who was the wild man of F1 (some other drivers called him, behind his back, 'The Ape',) and then, late seventies, matured into perhaps the smartest driver in F1 after Niki Lauda...

Well that didn't happen last year and judging by the gap in performance to the other cars, it doesn't look likely to happen this year either. If Rosberg beats Hamilton because of DNF's, personally I think it's more likely to be caused by mechanical problems than issues with traffic. Of course Rosberg could beat Hamilton without Lewis having more mechanical problems or crashes than him. Everything we've seen so far suggests they are a very evenly matched pair.

Edited by bub, 10 April 2014 - 20:17.

#72 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 20:04

What if Nico doesn't back out next time? This wasn't a fear thing, it was a judgement and a calculation. If Nico wants to change his approach, there is nothing stopping him.

Nico can do aggressive, the thing is can he make it work?  Quite a few drivers have decided to be aggressive, and then they have contact, because it doesn't come naturally.  

#73 P123

P123

• 8,713 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 20:05

Exactly. It's just one race. Perhaps next time out Nico will vary his attacks or be more aggressive; although he did seem plenty aggressive in Bahrain with a couple of very late lunges down the inside at turn 1 and keeping his foot down round the tarmac run off and over the kerb on one occasion. But Hamilton isn't easily shaken off, even when he is passed.

#74 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 1,253 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 20:26

Exactly. It's just one race. Perhaps next time out Nico will vary his attacks or be more aggressive; although he did seem plenty aggressive in Bahrain with a couple of very late lunges down the inside at turn 1 and keeping his foot down round the tarmac run off and over the kerb on one occasion. But Hamilton isn't easily shaken off, even when he is passed.

Absolutely. Probably just my subjective, biased view, but I can't help but feel that in Bahrein Nico was driving the race of his life, while Lewis was just having fun.  :lol:

#75 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 20:30

Exactly. It's just one race. Perhaps next time out Nico will vary his attacks or be more aggressive

Yes it was just one race but how many times has this being noticed about Nico? Almost aslong as he's being in F1.

Its up there with Lewis being dumb that Nico is bit of an easy touch sometimes.

#76 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 23:28

James Allen chimes in; this was in response to a reader asking who was more cerebral of ROS/HAM (note that James Allen did not compare Lewis to Rosberg)

I wouldn’t describe Hamilton as cerebral but my contacts at Marc say that he’s more than capable of dealing with all the management aspects of modern F1 cars.

The most intelligent drivers are probably Vettel, Alonso. Kubica was pretty special too.

Edited by slmk, 10 April 2014 - 23:29.

#77 HamiltonFanboy

HamiltonFanboy

• 118 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 00:19

Great battle so far but I cant help but feel the next 3 races are crucial for Nico. China, Spain and Monaco present real opportunities for him to beat Lewis and he really needs to take advantage. He cant get to the Canada > Silverstone > Germany > Hungary section of the season trailing Lewis or Lewis will be out of sight once they get to Spa. I really think the next 3 will define the season as a whole, if Lewis can beat Nico at tracks where Nico excels then there might be no way back for Nico.

#78 Farhannn15

Farhannn15

• 746 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 00:23

Great battle so far but I cant help but feel the next 3 races are crucial for Nico. China, Spain and Monaco present real opportunities for him to beat Lewis and he really needs to take advantage. He cant get to the Canada > Silverstone > Germany > Hungary section of the season trailing Lewis or Lewis will be out of sight once they get to Spa. I really think the next 3 will define the season as a whole, if Lewis can beat Nico at tracks where Nico excels then there might be no way back for Nico.

:up:  My thoughts exactly. We all know they're both great around China and Monaco but Lewis is a beast on the section of the calendar you have mentioned. They are both pretty good in the flyaways to the end of the season but it may be too late by then

#79 Rybo

Rybo

• 366 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:41

No, not by a long way. It's only race 4, with 15 more after that. I'd be more worried about another DNF for Hamilton and a 'free' 25 points for NR frankly. I really don't see Rosberg as the type who would lack confidence. He's fairly resilient mentally.

I think you should go back and watch all three post race interviews. Rosberg gets a little less enthusiastic with each one, and in the Bahrain interview he says he "Strongly dislikes coming 2nd to Lewis." 

Breaking down his performance relative to his teammate his confidence should have taken a hit. First race out he wins easily, completely unchallenged. The second time out however he loses out to the same car by 17 seconds. A week later his team mate builds a gap of almost 13 seconds before the Safety Car comes out and give him an opportunity to get the win. Even considering the differing strategies, it is tough to see how Rosberg is fighting wheel to wheel at the end of the race for the victory. Every time his teammate has finished a race, he has for the most part been behind him during the race. I don't know who wouldn't be a little rattled after those two weeks, mentally resilient or not. Not to bring other driver into this, but we have seen through the year especially 2010-present where some drivers know and gave their maximum, but in the end they were bettered. 

I'm not saying he is mentally weak, that he might doubt himself, his ability, or dampen his confidence, but he is human and just like everyone else is susceptible to their emotions and feelings. At some point everyone breaks. 

Advertisement

#80 MP422

MP422

• 2,038 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:38

It will be incredibly interesting how it plays out between them. So far It's a drivers championship in the style of senna/prost mp4/4 which we haven't seen in along time. :love:   

If Hamilton continues his win streak over Rosberg it won't be but i think this will get scrappy, the car is so good. :clap:  

#81 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:51

I don't know who wouldn't be a little rattled after those two weeks ...

Lol, every current F1 driver. It's just a couple of races in a season with new regs, new tyres, and new cars. 

#82 Rybo

Rybo

• 366 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:41

Lol, every current F1 driver. It's just a couple of races in a season with new regs, new tyres, and new cars.

Then when do current F1 drivers get rattled? Is there a certain time limit or mileage limit before they hit the panic button? Or is a slow burn over time that finally boils over?

Edit. And to be clear Rosberg has said he has the best car so he cannot blame the car, and others drivers do not have the pleasure of driving a car that's seconds faster than everyone else. I'm not denigrating Rosberg, but the only time he has beaten his teammate during a race was when his teammate was short a cylinder and down on power. I might be wrong, but I cannot imagine this has no effect on his psyche. Sure it's only three races in, sure there are 16 other races to go, but all signs lead to a 2-way fight for the WDC.

I'm not saying he's curled up in the fetal position, crying his eyes out, but to me it seems that he has definitely been affected mentally. Not a lot, but just slightly. That said, I expect him to bounce back, and fight that much harder.

Edited by Rybo, 11 April 2014 - 06:11.

#83 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 1,253 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:15

Then when do current F1 drivers get rattled? Is there a certain time limit or mileage limit before they hit the panic button? Or is a slow burn over time that finally boils over?

Edit. And to be clear Rosberg has said he has the best car so he cannot blame the car, and others drivers do not have the pleasure of driving a car that's seconds faster than everyone else. I'm not denigrating Rosberg, but the only time he has beaten his teammate during a race was when his teammate was short a cylinder and down on power. I might be wrong, but I cannot imagine this has no effect on his psyche. Sure it's only three races in, sure there are 16 other races to go, but all signs lead to a 2-way fight for the WDC.

I'm not saying he's curled up in the fetal position, crying his eyes out, but to me it seems that he has definitely been affected mentally. Not a lot, but just slightly. That said, I expect him to bounce back, and fight that much harder.

I think it's still slightly too early for Nico to start worrying. If Lewis keeps beating Nico for a couple more races, then I think you'll be right.  However, Nico didn't do himself a favor but announcing he'd beat Lewis at the next race. He only added pressure on his own shoulders. But let's wait and see! 

#84 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:22

Some driver rise to the challenge when the WDC fight is on, others crumble and fail. Lewis is in the first group, Britney in the second.

Edited by seahawk, 11 April 2014 - 07:58.

#85 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:25

Then when do current F1 drivers get rattled? 

You're the one using that word; perhaps you should give examples of F1 drivers who have been "rattled" before. What does being "rattled" look like? Educate us. 

#86 Ellios

Ellios

• 1,236 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:26

Hamilton knows he is going to be WDC, Rosberg wants to be WDC

#87 Bartonz20let

Bartonz20let

• 838 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:38

I think every driver on the grid would be rattled in Rosbergs position, it's human nature.

He might not think about it every waking second but ever now and again it will cross his mind and I'm sure it will be on his mind at times when he's in the car this weekend.

I think every driver would experience this but each will deal with it differently.

I said in thread 1 we will find out about Nico's mental strength because as yet, we don't really know how it stacks up.

#88 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:58

Nico will be thinking "I was faster", " I'm in the fastest car", "I have his telemetry". Positive thoughts. He's up against a guy people are calling the fastest/best in F1, and he's leading the freaking wdc.

Rattled is a long way off I reckon.

Edited by undersquare, 11 April 2014 - 06:59.

#89 apoka

apoka

• 3,611 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:02

I said in thread 1 we will find out about Nico's mental strength because as yet, we don't really know how it stacks up.

So far, it has stacked up just fine - remember that this is already the second year with Hamilton.

Moreover, it's funny that Hamilton himself has said that Rosberg had better pace in the last race, whereas when you read some posts here, you'd think that Rosberg has "crumbled", "failed" and is "rattled". If that's what his performance looks like in such a distorted mental status, then he should easily win the WDC when everything is fine.  :p

#90 TF110

TF110

• 1,048 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:35

So far, it has stacked up just fine - remember that this is already the second year with Hamilton.

Moreover, it's funny that Hamilton himself has said that Rosberg had better pace in the last race, whereas when you read some posts here, you'd think that Rosberg has "crumbled", "failed" and is "rattled". If that's what his performance looks like in such a distorted mental status, then he should easily win the WDC when everything is fine. :p

Hamilton could be bigging up his teammate instead of being cocky. Rosberg was faster at the end of the first stint, but didn't Hamilton hit lap traffic and Rosberg got back within drs range? So what? Rosberg lost. "I put the car on pole" but you still lost. "I had the faster car" but you still lost. "I caught Lewis at the end of our first stint" but you still lost. None of that matters if you still lost. Bunch of "buts" and "what ifs". Put up or shut up. That goes for any driver.

#91 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:37

Some driver rise to the challenge when the WDC fiught is on, others crumble and fail. Lewis is in the first group, Britney in the second.

Too easy a conclusion to make. Nico hasn't had a WDC contender in his career. Let's see where we are come Abu Dhabi.

#92 Retrofly

Retrofly

• 582 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:39

Moreover, it's funny that Hamilton himself has said that Rosberg had better pace in the last race, whereas when you read some posts here, you'd think that Rosberg has "crumbled", "failed" and is "rattled". If that's what his performance looks like in such a distorted mental status, then he should easily win the WDC when everything is fine.  :p

It's to early to be rattled, but he will defiantly be concerned that he's not winning the WDC on merit.

I think Malaysia then Bahrain really showed how close it is between these and it may all come down to who can setup their car better for the race. I believe Hams pace was hindered by a poor setup in Bahrain, that in conjunction with Rosberg's ability at this track mean that raw lap time Rosberg was faster. However will all of these aspects in Rosbergs favor (including learning from Hamilton's race in Malaysia), and the SC, Rosberg was still unable to beat him to the finish line.

Rosberg needs to start showing he can beat Hamilton and soon. Expect fireworks.

Hamilton could be bigging up his teammate instead of being cocky. Rosberg was faster at the end of the first stint, but didn't Hamilton hit lap traffic and Rosberg got back within drs range? So what? Rosberg lost. "I put the car on pole" but you still lost. "I had the faster car" but you still lost. "I caught Lewis at the end of our first stint" but you still lost. None of that matters if you still lost. Bunch of "buts" and "what ifs". Put up or shut up. That goes for any driver.

I also believe  this, from my point of view it would be better to build my teammate up (removes focus) so that a fall would seem greater, than if he was trash talking him saying he's going to wipe the floor with him.

I defiantly don't think it'd be a good tactic to rile up your teammate. Which is pretty much what Rosberg has done stating that he was "going to win" in China.

I think China is crucial, if Rosberg is beaten again, after stating that the head may start to drop even though he is still WDC leader (assuming he still comes 2nd).

Game on. :clap:

Edited by Retrofly, 11 April 2014 - 07:43.

#93 bauss

bauss

• 5,067 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:55

way too early to be majorly rattled, both guys are still settling in to the new car, the new formula. If NR finishes behind in the next 3, 4 races then yeah. But not now, not yet... not when on paper he still has an 11 point lead in the WDC and he displayed good pace in the last race even if he didn't win.

We are yet to really see how things will play out this year I feel. If anything, the start of LH teammate battles have often not really reflected the middle or the end. 

#94 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:05

I think it is over. Rosberg pulled back and from now on both know that he is likely to pull back and the team will expect him to as well. And remember Lewis has a perfect record over Rosberg, as Rosberg only leads due to a mechnical failure of Hamilton´s car.

#95 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:19

I think it is over. Rosberg pulled back and from now on both know that he is likely to pull back and the team will expect him to as well. And remember Lewis has a perfect record over Rosberg, as Rosberg only leads due to a mechnical failure of Hamilton´s car.

I hope you are double bluffing fate with that one. 

Personally, I believe Rosberg will beat LH in China and go on to win the WDC. 

#96 Bartonz20let

Bartonz20let

• 838 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:21

Moreover, it's funny that Hamilton himself has said that Rosberg had better pace in the last race, whereas when you read some posts here, you'd think that Rosberg has "crumbled", "failed" and is "rattled". If that's what his performance looks like in such a distorted mental status, then he should easily win the WDC when everything is fine. :p

Don't overreact being rattled is human nature, it happens to everyone who looses (including Lewis).

I'm not trying to stir the pot but Nico was clearly rattled after Bahrain as much as he tried to hide it on the podium.

Like I say, it's his response that counts now.

#97 AnR

AnR

• 146 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:26

Very matured by Nico to not respond to Lewis aggression with the same aggression, otherwise Perez would have had his first race win.

Lewis loked very rattled when he was beaten by speed in qualifying and Nico looked the same when he couldn't pass in race.

This is the only thing that can save this sorry season so let's hope they don't choose one above the other until the last races.

Well done Mercedes Engine makers to destroy the other in 2014.

#98 skc

skc

• 1,333 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:27

Nico has no killer instinct, and that's not something he's going to learn. He'll finish a comfortable second in the championship but I think Lewis will win the vast majority of their battles.

#99 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 2,441 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:51

I hope you are double bluffing fate with that one. 

Personally, I believe Rosberg will beat LH in China and go on to win the WDC. 

What he said.

Furthermore: I think it is not nice to insult drivers  - Britney, oh har har har - while yourself can hide between an anonymous username.

Advertisement

#100 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:11

Are you Nico's dad? 'Britney' is not an insult and comes courtesy of Mark Webber. Lighten up.  :smoking: