* * * * - 16 votes

Lewis Hamilton vs Nico Rosberg 2014 part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#101 Retrofly

Retrofly

• 458 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:18

Very matured by Nico to not respond to Lewis aggression with the same aggression, otherwise Perez would have had his first race win.

Lewis loked very rattled when he was beaten by speed in qualifying and Nico looked the same when he couldn't pass in race.

This is the only thing that can save this sorry season so let's hope they don't choose one above the other until the last races.

Well done Mercedes Engine makers to destroy the other in 2014.

If Lewis was "very rattled" after qualifying, please paint us a picture of Rosberg's demeanor after the race?

Advertisement

#102 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:22

Hamilton could be bigging up his teammate instead of being cocky. Rosberg was faster at the end of the first stint, but didn't Hamilton hit lap traffic and Rosberg got back within drs range? So what? Rosberg lost. "I put the car on pole" but you still lost. "I had the faster car" but you still lost. "I caught Lewis at the end of our first stint" but you still lost. None of that matters if you still lost. Bunch of "buts" and "what ifs". Put up or shut up. That goes for any driver.

It is funny you say "it's a bunch of buts and what ifs" while many a Hamilton fan are guilty of exactly that; what if he didn't have as many mech DNFs? He'd be triple WDC now! Not an attack on you btw, just an observation.

Edited by alframsey, 11 April 2014 - 13:43.

#103 Retrofly

Retrofly

• 458 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:51

It is funny you say "it's a bunch of buts and what ifs" while many a Hamilton fan are guilty of exactly that; what if he didn't have a mech DNFs? He'd be triple WDC now! Not an attack on you btw, just an observation.

Quite true, the history books only remembers the winners, not the who's, what's, where's and why's.

#104 speng

speng

• 1,299 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:56

What he said.

Furthermore: I think it is not nice to insult drivers  - Britney, oh har har har - while yourself can hide between an anonymous username.

calm down

#105 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,743 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:56

Mercedes F1 team says its drivers must continue to share data

As some thought, data must be shared between the two garages

#106 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 1,921 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:58

Are you Nico's dad? 'Britney' is not an insult and comes courtesy of Mark Webber. Lighten up.  :smoking:

It was not funny when Webber 'thought' of it.

Furthermore, a nickname may be slightly insulting if it's goodhearted, but in this case Webber used it as a straight intended insult. He thought Nico was weak, cowardice, a fluff-driver, stuff like that... that's why he likened him to as fluff perceived female artist. And that is why some posters who agree with Webber that Nico is not the real deal, not a real racer like Hamilton, keep using this nickname for Nico. Admit it: you don't use the nickname out of respect but for Nico, but to show your contempt for him. Just like the Schumacher-fan (don't know who it was any more) who had an avatar that showed Nico dressed up like a girl. It was not funny, it is not funny, and tells more about the poster than about Nico.

Lets call Hamilton Lewis and Rosberg Nico, or the other way round.

Rant off.

#107 Retrofly

Retrofly

• 458 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:00

Mercedes F1 team says its drivers must continue to share data

As some thought, data must be shared between the two garages

Fair enough, the better driver should still come out on top overall :up:

Its quite common in all forms of motorsport, but I think its being exaggerated by the media just so they can try and stick a few extra knives into the fight. Although Hamilton said Rosberg studied his telemetry closely, nobody has actually said how much of a difference it made.

#108 Bartonz20let

Bartonz20let

• 835 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:02

It was not funny when Webber 'thought' of it. If I were Nico's dad I would be Keke. If you would say against Keke: 'How's Britney?' and he would understand you meant his son, he would put his cigar in your eye.

Furthermore, a nickname may be slightly insulting if it's goodhearted, but in this case Webber used it as a straight intended insult. He thought Nico was weak, cowardice, a fluff-driver, stuff like that... that's why he likened him to as fluff perceived female artist. And that is why some posters who agree with Webber that Nico is not the real deal, not a real racer like Hamilton, keep using this nickname for Nico. Admit it: you don't use the nickname out of respect but for Nico, but to show your contempt for him. Just like the Schumacher-fan (don't know who it was any more) who had an avatar that showed Nico dressed up like a girl. It was not funny, it is not funny, and tells more about the poster than about Nico.

Lets call Hamilton Lewis and Rosberg Nico, or the other way round.

Rant off.

Seriously? No need to over react.

#109 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:06

On the track I found Rosberg good, but in the interviews he showed he is no top driver.

Rosberg: "Lewis was too fast I could not pass him, but the fight was good fun...."

put Alonso, Vettel or Hamilton in his place and it would sound like

"After he nearly went over the limit when I tried to overtake him, I decided that I did not need to pass him at all costs at this point of the season and settled for second"

#110 femi

femi

• 6,203 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:17

Exactly. It's just one race. Perhaps next time out Nico will vary his attacks or be more aggressive; although he did seem plenty aggressive in Bahrain with a couple of very late lunges down the inside at turn 1 and keeping his foot down round the tarmac run off and over the kerb on one occasion. But Hamilton isn't easily shaken off, even when he is passed.

In a dog fight, you need to have very good reflexes, excellent car control, quick mind - to analyze transient situation and judge exactly what your opponent is doing and predict what he will do next. You need to do these better than your opponent to come on top. LH has these and more as he was able to hold Nico's attacks off time and again over series of laps, even with Nico having the faster car on the faster tyre and DRS assistance.

We saw Nico overtake LH in turn 1 but LH got him back in T4. LH planned that move into T4 way ahead. In other words, even though Nico had a faster car on faster rubber, LH still set him up for that move even though he was behind.

To the impartial, it is obvious who the better driver was and is.

The sharing of data is a huge disadvantage to LH but it is company policy and he did not protect himself in his contract with Merc so everyone has to live with it.

Nico is already under pressure, you don't announce to the world that you will win the next GP like he did and I think given another chance, he will take that statement back but that is too late, he has set himself up and if LH beats him in China - which I expect will happen - that will be a real body blow. I wonder what he will have left as bragging rights over LH...

LH is able to respond to Nico on the fly while on track together, I doubt very much if Nico has that ability, he needs to be taught.

Edited by femi, 11 April 2014 - 10:23.

#111 andrewf1

andrewf1

• 534 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:19

On the track I found Rosberg good, but in the interviews he showed he is no top driver.

Rosberg: "Lewis was too fast I could not pass him, but the fight was good fun...."

"After he nearly went over the limit when I tried to overtake him, I decided that I did not need to pass him at all costs at this point of the season and settled for second"

That's...completely wrong. I don't think you'll ever hear Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton or basically any driver say that "I decided to settle for second". Especially having a world champion say that would be quite embarrassing. In my view, every top driver would say what Rosberg said -  the other guy was just too fast, but it was a good fight.

#112 andrewf1

andrewf1

• 534 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:27

Nico is already under pressure, you don't announce to the world that you will win the next GP like he did 

For God's sake, it was the natural thing to say after he had been in contention to win the GP and lost out. He said " I'll be back next race to take the win" which simply means "next time I'll do better" - it's a fighting spirit, that's all. People read too much into these things.

#113 baddog

baddog

• 23,441 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:32

If he is a world champion on track and a loser in interviews then I think he will be pretty damned happy.

#114 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,743 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:04

For God's sake, it was the natural thing to say after he had been in contention to win the GP and lost out. He said " I'll be back next race to take the win" which simply means "next time I'll do better" - it's a fighting spirit, that's all. People read too much into these things.

Didn't say Lewis something like I can win all remaining races last year after Hungary...? Of course Rosberg will say he is back next race, and he wants to win it. He should have said I settle for second place, because Lewis has more car gremlins and my time will come  :smoking:

Too much fuss about interviews of drivers, sometimes, you have the feeling you just can not do it right (for the armchairs experts). And on the other hand people complain, we have too much PR-robots...

Edited by 1Devil1, 11 April 2014 - 12:05.

#115 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,688 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:12

Regarding the 'Britney' thing, it should stop now please.

It doesn't matter whether Rosberg himself might accept it as a nickname or whether some of you do not intend it as an insult.  The problem is, it is very clear that there are members here using it with the intention of inflaming the discussion or diminishing Rosberg.  For that reason, and because it's is simply distracting from the discussion of how they are performing this year, you should consider using it only if you are quoting the words of someone in the paddock this year.

If you're confused, please PM me.

#116 f1supreme

f1supreme

• 740 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:18

no because everyone would have known they were lying.i mean,you could tell nico wasnt settling for second,he wanted to win.

#117 Jon83

Jon83

• 1,793 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:21

If Lewis was "very rattled" after qualifying, please paint us a picture of Rosberg's demeanor after the race?

Dissapointed?

Seahawk - I don't think what Rosberg after the race can determine whether he is a top driver or not. I'm sure the likes of Vettel and Kimi have said similar at one time or another.

#118 P123

P123

• 8,364 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:21

So you are going to invent a quote to show that Nico isn't a top driver based on what he sort of said?  OK.....

#119 f1supreme

f1supreme

• 740 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:25

makes me laugh,the way some of you keep falling for the same nonsense,over and over again.lewis seems to have to prove himself every race weekend,like he hasnt already done that in his f1 career so far,beating 2 world champs and breaking various records................when lewis was buttons teammate,the media had ppl believing button was equally as good,more intelligent,better at looking after tyres,and better at development................and now they are making ppl believe the same,now he's nico's teammate........i dont doubt lewis for a second.he'll beat nico this season,if he has no more car issues.lewis is the better driver,its as simple as that.the 2 times nico's beat lewis this season....aus and bahrain quali.lewis got a dnf in aus,brake leak in bahrain quali.

Advertisement

#120 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,743 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:29

makes me laugh,the way some of you keep falling for the same nonsense,over and over again.lewis seems to have to prove himself every race weekend,like he hasnt already done that in his f1 career so far,beating 2 world champs and breaking various records................when lewis was buttons teammate,the media had ppl believing button was equally as good,more intelligent,better at looking after tyres,and better at development................and now they are making ppl believe the same,now he's nico's teammate........i dont doubt lewis for a second.he'll beat nico this season,if he has no more car issues.lewis is the better driver,its as simple as that.the 2 times nico's beat lewis this season....aus and bahrain quali.lewis got a dnf in aus,brake leak in bahrain quali.

My eyes hurt.I know this is  a forum, but no structure at all makes it hard to read your posts.

Edited by 1Devil1, 11 April 2014 - 12:33.

#121 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,521 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 13:03

Darren Heath and Mark Gallagher really beating off over the "cerebral" thing on the SkyF1 Midweek Report, (they must defo read this thread).

Gallagher thinks Rosberg will prevail in the WDC due to his superior abundance of grey matter...... Heath firmly sits on the fence - although he admits to wanting to see Hamilton do it.

http://www1.skysport...rt-bahrain-2014

Enjoy

Ps. Hi Chaps. Fancy a go in the bear pit?  :smoking:

#122 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 13:25

Darren Heath and Mark Gallagher really beating off over the "cerebral" thing on the SkyF1 Midweek Report, (they must defo read this thread).

Gallagher thinks Rosberg will prevail in the WDC due to his superior abundance of grey matter...... Heath firmly sits on the fence - although he admits to wanting to see Hamilton do it.

http://www1.skysport...rt-bahrain-2014

Enjoy

Ps. Hi Chaps. Fancy a go in the bear pit?  :smoking:

Appalling nonsense dressed up as 'journalism'.

#123 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 845 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 13:51

I thought the same when I watched it.

Repeating the same nonsense over and over again doesn't make it true.

#124 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,078 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 13:54

I thought the same when I watched it.

Repeating the same nonsense over and over again doesn't make it true.

But apparently it sells...

#125 Retrofly

Retrofly

• 458 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:13

They can have their opinion that's what they're there for, we don't have to agree with it.

Hopefully Lewis can let the driving to the talking and prove them wrong :up:

#126 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 947 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:18

The thing is he didn't say "I'll be back next race to take the win" or "next time I'll do better". Both would have sounded fine.

He said either "I'm gonna win next race" or "next race is mine". As if Lewis didn't exist. There is a subtle but real difference, and it shows a lack of humility there.

Devil, last year IIRC Lewis said he thought he HAD THE CAR to win races (which obviously was wrong), he didn't say he was going to.

#127 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,743 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:21

This is how journalism works, you sell more papers, get more viewers by having an easier approach, and frame one as bad or good, or in other categories. They framed Lewis as 'not bright before, they will go on with out, even he has results that would speak against this pattern, it works for the casual viewer, but I guess and hope that real fans don't need mass media to make their own conclusion, I just need to look here in the german papers and the next time in the english papers, Nico the bright one, or Nico not so bright. It works better in England because they enforced they game with Button and Hamilton before, and Nico jumped into the Button position, as clever cookie. So I am a bit skeptical if a paper wants to sell my stereotypes like that...

#128 Rybo

Rybo

• 346 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:24

You're the one using that word; perhaps you should give examples of F1 drivers who have been "rattled" before. What does being "rattled" look like? Educate us.

According to Merriam-Webster rattle is defined as "to upset especially to the point of loss of poise and composure." An example would be the post-race interview in Bahrain that Nico gave. At least to me it seemed he was not as composed as in previous races.

#129 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,743 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:26

The thing is he didn't say "I'll be back next race to take the win" or "next time I'll do better". Both would have sounded fine.

He said either "I'm gonna win next race" or "next race is mine". As if Lewis didn't exist. There is a subtle but real difference, and it shows a lack of humility there.

Devil, last year IIRC Lewis said he thought he HAD THE CAR to win races (which obviously was wrong), he didn't say he was going to.

Yeah, okay, it was not about the quote, I know it was different, but I wrote 'I could' that is nearer to the original quote than ' I am going to'. It was about the the fuss people made last year too, when Lewis said that, like with the quote now from Nico, also keeping in mind he is not a native speaker, and mistakes like that could be easy down to his language skill (funny I know), and also the gesture of him is unclear, perhaps he made a smile, it would't take it too seriously. 

#130 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 1,921 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:30

To the impartial, it is obvious who the better driver was and is.

I think Hamilton is slightly better. But now you say: anyone who does not agree with that, is partial.

#131 Jon83

Jon83

• 1,793 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:37

Liike Seahawk, you are reading FAR too much into what Rosberg did or didn't say.

#132 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 947 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:39

Yeah, okay, it was not about the quote, I know it was different, but I wrote 'I could' that is nearer to the original quote than ' I am going to'. It was about the the fuss people made last year too, when Lewis said that, like with the quote now from Nico, also keeping in mind he is not a native speaker, and mistakes like that could be easy down to his language skill (funny I know), and also the gesture of him is unclear, perhaps he made a smile, it would't take it too seriously.

English is my second language as well, and yet I can tell the difference. And I don't have as many grey cells as Nico. ;-)

Actually I think Nico was pissed/angry at himself when he said that.

#133 Retrofly

Retrofly

• 458 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:40

Its win win with the journalists.

Nico wins - He's smarter

Lewis wins - He has more natural talent.

pffffffft

Edited by Retrofly, 11 April 2014 - 14:42.

#134 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 947 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 14:43

Liike Seahawk, you are reading FAR too much into what Rosberg did or didn't say.

Probably. I guess I got used to everyone jumping on every single word Lewis says and am now paying more attention to that.

#135 andrewf1

andrewf1

• 534 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 15:12

You're wrong, on the podium interview he said, word for word "I'll be back next race to take the win". Also on the Sky interview he said, again, word for word "onwards and upwards, next race it'll be my win". I have the race recorded.

I'm a Lewis fan, btw, but this over-analyzing of a simple understandably straight-forward thing to say is really unnecessary.

#136 bauss

bauss

• 5,013 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 15:42

You're wrong, on the podium interview he said, word for word "I'll be back next race to take the win". Also on the Sky interview he said, again, word for word "onwards and upwards, next race it'll be my win". I have the race recorded.

I'm a Lewis fan, btw, but this over-analyzing of a simple understandably straight-forward thing to say is really unnecessary.

"I'll be back next race to take the win"

"onwards and upwards, next race it'll be my win"

are pretty unequivocal statements you rarely see any f1 driver make... I would like to see any other examples like this, don't think you'd find many. 

I definitely raised an eyebrow when he said it not once, but multiple times...  you can bet the press will be eager to remind him of those statements next Thursday.

he's put unnecessary pressure on himself with those remarks IMHO, as if LH as a teammate wasn't pressure enough.

#137 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,688 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 16:27

He hasn't put pressure on himself, he has reinforced his own self belief.  Rosberg knows that he can beat Hamilton and if he stops believing it, he might as well pack up and go home..

#138 RubalSher

RubalSher

• 1,771 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 16:32

He hasn't put pressure on himself, he has reinforced his own self belief.  Rosberg knows that he can beat Hamilton and if he stops believing it, he might as well pack up and go home..

Believing and putting it out for the media the way he did are two different things. Call it rattled or whatever, the race and the fact he could not get by had gotten to him and he normally would not have made that remark.

Edited by RubalSher, 11 April 2014 - 16:33.

#139 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,688 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 16:34

OK if you say so.

Advertisement

#140 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 947 posts

He hasn't put pressure on himself, he has reinforced his own self belief. Rosberg knows that he can beat Hamilton and if he stops believing it, he might as well pack up and go home..

So repeating this several times was more like self-convincing?

I do believe that Nico has more pressure to win in China now. If Lewis beats him there, he can't keep telling the media that "next time" will be his. He will need to prove that on track. But yes he could very well win in China. Will be interesting anyway.

#141 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,655 posts

Said it in his video blog, too. In fact it was the only thing he said in the 13 second clip.

#142 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 16:36

The impression I had about Nico at the end of the race was that at first he was excited, really up about the fight and had enjoyed it and was genuinely generous about being on the losing end of it.  Then as he thought about it he started thinking he ought to be more mad that he lost, and was talking himself into a different, more aggressive mindset.  Just my impression, and not sure it means too much, except that I was so impressed with his reaction as he got out of the car, and in the pre-podium with Lewis.

#143 FastnLoud

FastnLoud

• 749 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 16:39

I don't think he knows he can beat Hamilton on a good day for Lewis though, many people are saying that him being faster in Bahrain, being on faster tyres at the end and still not being able to beat Lewis will be playing on his mind.

I agree though, he needs to believe it because whats the point

#144 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,608 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 16:45

"I'll be back next race to take the win"

"onwards and upwards, next race it'll be my win"

are pretty unequivocal statements you rarely see any f1 driver make... I would like to see any other examples like this, don't think you'd find many. 

I definitely raised an eyebrow when he said it not once, but multiple times...  you can bet the press will be eager to remind him of those statements next Thursday.

he's put unnecessary pressure on himself with those remarks IMHO, as if LH as a teammate wasn't pressure enough.

Hamilton: Have a car to win the rest of the races

DC: Next year...

Pretty sure there are more... Schumacher said he will get the pole at Monaco and win in 2012... he at the least got the pole.

Hamilton who was oh so flattering upon Button's 250th GP, was not so flattering around end of 2012 (iirc) when he said he learned nothing from him (said something contrary when he made the statement now).

People say stuff all the time... take it easy.

#145 bub

bub

• 2,248 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 17:02

I doubt either driver is rattled. I think both are fired up and ready for the fight ahead.

#146 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,608 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 17:05

I read someone ask why Rosberg's intelligence was never brought up against Schumacher. Schumacher is recognised to be one of the more intelligent (smart, even if not booksmart) drivers to grace GP racing. Schumacher was also a trained mechanic. Then again, Schumacher was also coming off of a 3 year hiatus with a lot of changes around him. Heck, a lot of current drivers then could not use the DRS around the track like one young much reviled German driver did (rules were changed to hamper him/ RBR). With limited testing, losing years was a big problem. In 2012 Schumacher on pace was much closer to Rosberg (dare i say, better) but as luck would have it, car just kept failing on him.

As someone already mentioned, it puzzles me proper, why is it taken as a slur? Someone even mentioned that there may be stereotyping... Really? So it is stereotyping to suggest, that someone who was selected as an engineering student in one of the more prestigious colleges in UK, he is more intelligent?

Now, i would agree if someone said that intelligence may not always translate in speed/ points over a season. However, there were drivers who were just better in that department and did better than their peers. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Prost and Schumacher etc. They were not just doing better, but they were proper benchmarks. Vettel is also suggested to be quite sharp, but he is seen just as someone "driving a rocket". While one may not like the suggestion, but it was an entirely plausible guess, that Rosberg's reliance on his engineers would be less for maintaining some variables during a race. Something which could advantage him in new formula where more needs to be done in the car.

#147 femi

femi

• 6,203 posts

So repeating this several times was more like self-convincing?

I do believe that Nico has more pressure to win in China now. If Lewis beats him there, he can't keep telling the media that "next time" will be his. He will need to prove that on track. But yes he could very well win in China. Will be interesting anyway.

Reminds me of  the teachings in the bestseller book  "Power of positive thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale - he teaches that if you want something, just keep repeating or confessing it and it will happen - even if you don't believe it he says and that it is a demonstration of faith if you do this publicly  :rotfl: Rosberg is following that teaching to a T. Guys are free to check out highlights of the book on the net.

OR Self hypnotism?  ;)

Edited by femi, 11 April 2014 - 17:10.

#148 Retrofly

Retrofly

• 458 posts

I'd love to now what people would say if it was hamilton making the same statement.

#149 ch103

ch103

• 714 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 17:10

C'mon Lewis - lets make it three in a row!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

#150 bub

bub

• 2,248 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 17:54

I read someone ask why Rosberg's intelligence was never brought up against Schumacher. Schumacher is recognised to be one of the more intelligent (smart, even if not booksmart) drivers to grace GP racing. Schumacher was also a trained mechanic. Then again, Schumacher was also coming off of a 3 year hiatus with a lot of changes around him. Heck, a lot of current drivers then could not use the DRS around the track like one young much reviled German driver did (rules were changed to hamper him/ RBR). With limited testing, losing years was a big problem. In 2012 Schumacher on pace was much closer to Rosberg (dare i say, better) but as luck would have it, car just kept failing on him.

As someone already mentioned, it puzzles me proper, why is it taken as a slur? Someone even mentioned that there may be stereotyping... Really? So it is stereotyping to suggest, that someone who was selected as an engineering student in one of the more prestigious colleges in UK, he is more intelligent?

Now, i would agree if someone said that intelligence may not always translate in speed/ points over a season. However, there were drivers who were just better in that department and did better than their peers. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Prost and Schumacher etc. They were not just doing better, but they were proper benchmarks. Vettel is also suggested to be quite sharp, but he is seen just as someone "driving a rocket". While one may not like the suggestion, but it was an entirely plausible guess, that Rosberg's reliance on his engineers would be less for maintaining some variables during a race. Something which could advantage him in new formula where more needs to be done in the car.

If people think Nico is more intelligent than Lewis then that's their opinion, it might be the case. Others don't have to share that opinion. However, if the reason for thinking Nico is more intelligent is because of his aptitude test at Williams and the fact that he was offered a place at a university then going by that logic I don't see why he shouldn't also be considered more intelligent than Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel, Button and all the other drivers. Maybe he is.

Edited by bub, 11 April 2014 - 17:55.