Photo

Brett Lunger helmet?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Elio de Maky

Elio de Maky

• 50 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:21

Brett Lunger car - Surtees TS19, 1976, driver Lunger in Pescarolo helmet??, Brands Hatch??, test or Grand Prix??

xNG9zfx7.jpg

Thanks.

Advertisement

#2 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 7,125 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 13:43

Well, Pesca bought the ex-Lunger car, didn't he? Perhaps a test drive before the actual purchase, or before he came around to putting a splash of fresh colour onto it?

#3 MCS

MCS

• 4,686 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 14:27

Well, Pesca bought the ex-Lunger car, didn't he? Perhaps a test drive before the actual purchase, or before he came around to putting a splash of fresh colour onto it?

I reckon that is Pescarolo (at Brands).  The car had all-white sidepods - except for the number 18.  At first I thought the picture might have been photoshopped.

#4 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 22:34

In my opinion, it's clearly Pescarolo - wearing his 1975-spec helmet - testing the Surtees at Brands, as mentioned.

Henri didn't compete in the entire 1976 season, so this could have been taken at a spring or early-summer test.

The monocoque, as opposed to the bodywork, appears to be 'virgin' white, telling me that it's his new chassis in readiness for his team debut at Monaco.

#5 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 22:59

Just to add a little confusion into the mix racingsportscars.com show's Henri taking over chassis #01 from Brett at Monaco where Henri failed to qualify and Brett did not show up.