* * - - - 10 votes

Hamilton didn't want easy wins

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 dave34m

dave34m

• 808 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:24

"I tried to imagine what it would be like if I was winning races the way he is winning races. Me, I don't want to be able to be that far ahead, I want to be able to fight with him or whoever.

Remember Lewis' comments last year about Vettels easy wins. I wonder if he still feels the same now?

Advertisement

#2 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 6,254 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:33

So let me get this straight: He's expected  go slower on purpose to avoid those easy wins in order to stick to his opinion from last season?

Mkaaaay.

#3 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,375 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:35

2vc85z5.gif

#4 Coral

Coral

• 6,682 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:45

Poor Lewis, having to win races by 20+ seconds. I really feel for the boy. :cry:

:p

#5 GrumpyYoungMan

GrumpyYoungMan

• 6,968 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:48

It probably wouldn't have been (that easy) if his team mate was behind him from the start! ;)

#6 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,841 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:48

Cool story, bro.

#7 zebra

zebra

• 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:51

Lewis wins even easier :p

#8 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,727 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:51

giphy.gif

#9 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:52

"I tried to imagine what it would be like if I was winning races the way he is winning races. Me, I don't want to be able to be that far ahead, I want to be able to fight with him or whoever.

Remember Lewis' comments last year about Vettels easy wins. I wonder if he still feels the same now?

He looks very happy on the podium nowadays.

After all, Lewis has also horrendous times behind himself, when he was not rewarded for his brilliance.

#10 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:52

This might be his toughest trial to date. It won't be easy but I remain confident he will manage to deal with that eventually.

#11 P123

P123

• 23,842 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:54

I'm sure all drivers remember the races they battled to win over the more straight forward ones.

Are we seriously going to beat Hamilton up for not going slower or something because he prefers to battle to win?  Bizarre.  But I think this topic is created more out of angst than anything else. 

#12 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:54

well though luck, cause he just got handed to him another 'EASY WIN' by the rest of the grid.

should make him very sad  :rolleyes:

#13 Asterion

Asterion

• 822 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:55

I'm crying out of sadness

#14 alfa1

alfa1

• 1,997 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:55

Yay, Lewis bashing thread FTW!!!!

:)

#15 dave34m

dave34m

• 808 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:56

I'm sure all drivers remember the races they battled to win over the more straight forward ones.

Are we seriously going to beat Hamilton up for not going slower or something because he prefers to battle to win?  Bizarre.  But I think this topic is created more out of angst than anything else. 

No this topic was started because of the statements he made about Vettels easy wins last year, thats all

#16 P123

P123

• 23,842 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:58

No this topic was started because of the statements he made about Vettels easy wins last year, thats all

So what is your point? What has been disproved from what he said?

#17 Spillage

Spillage

• 10,251 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:58

I don't think winning in a dominant car is quite like playing a video game on too easy a setting. I suspect somehow you're altogether more involved.

#18 Coral

Coral

• 6,682 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:00

Lewis finally has the car with which he can show his class. I have been waiting for this for 6 years. I appreciate how difficult this is for his detractors though. :kiss:

#19 windoesnot

windoesnot

• 132 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:00

lurch-head-shake-o.gif

Advertisement

#20 f1supreme

f1supreme

• 2,828 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:01

lewis is not leading the championship,he's trying to catch nico.so what do you want lewis to do.....

#21 Goron3

Goron3

• 4,443 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:03

He won because of his lap in qualifying yesterday, which certainly wasn't easy.

#22 ExEd

ExEd

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:05

U MAD BRO? :smoking:

PS: Hey guys.how about we gather those threads,they ll keep coming as the season goes on,in the end after title celebrations we vote for the best and bump it.

Something like Hater of the Year oscars  :clap:

#23 zebra

zebra

• 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:11

He doesn't look concerned about it. Wonder what's his excuse?

#24 Asterion

Asterion

• 822 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:13

Dealwithit.gif

#25 slideways

slideways

• 3,395 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:19

Ex Raikkonen fans are so brutal.  :rolleyes:

#26 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 6,254 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:21

giphy.gif

This from Suits? Love Suits. :p

#27 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,991 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:22

Give the guy a break. In 2012 he could have been in contention for the title had it not been for bad luck despite driving beautifully. As for easy wins, he taught very hard for the one in Bahrain.

#28 Xeriks

Xeriks

• 1,131 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:23

lurch-head-shake-o.gif

:rotfl: very good

#29 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,727 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:40

This from Suits? Love Suits. :p

That is the Bunk from The Wire, COME ON!

(If you haven't seen it, YOU MUST)

#30 spacekid

spacekid

• 3,143 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:42

So let me get this straight: He's expected go slower on purpose to avoid those easy wins in order to stick to his opinion from last season?

Mkaaaay.

Where in the OP is that position stated? It's very clearly a reminder that Lewis was rather condescending about the nature of Sebs wins, and now finds himself in the same position.

I thought Lewis was full of it when he made those comments, and rather ungracious. His fans here lapped it up of course.

I think Lewis is driving superbly and reaping the rewards. His driving makes me a fan of his driving, but his mouth makes me find him quite annoying. Nothing wrong with highlighting a bit of hypocrisy.

#31 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:44

Maybe, I suspect he'd get more excitement out of winning after a nice fight for the lead rather than driving the car home.

That doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy winning races regardless of how it is done, though. I'm sure he's quite happy to win.

Edited by Nonesuch, 20 April 2014 - 09:45.

#32 SUPRAF1

SUPRAF1

• 400 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:53

Obviously drivers want races that go down to the wire (assuming they win) over easy wins, but that doesn't mean they don't want the easy wins :p

#33 AngelaTifosi

AngelaTifosi

• 484 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:54

kinda arrogance statement there.

There;s no easy win here Lewis. Your team work their asses off to give you the car. Its your job to drag it out on the grid and embarrass all your rivals.

Enjoy the champagne =)

#34 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:54

Maybe we should start collecting money for the upcoming therapy?  I mean, he's gotta be depressed right now.  :(

#35 TurboF1

TurboF1

• 748 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:00

These internet tears from the detractors are sweet indeed. I know they've ran out of stuff to complain about so threads like these are all they have left. Bahrain shouldve shown he's MORE than capable of fighting and WINNING even when he's disadvantaged. What did you want him to do today? Back off, let people past then hunt them down again? Hes fighting to recover the championship lead he "lost" due to a no fault dnf. Grow up.

#36 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 8,584 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:03

I don't get your point? He probably still feels the same... doesn't mean however he will pull side and hand the victory to someone else because it was too easy for him.

A change in the guard always brings out morons, on both sides.

#37 skc

skc

• 1,748 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:06

Not only that, I remember he said that the fans were bored last year.

Wonder if he thought the fans were bored today?

#38 P123

P123

• 23,842 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:11

Where in the OP is that position stated? It's very clearly a reminder that Lewis was rather condescending about the nature of Sebs wins, and now finds himself in the same position.

I thought Lewis was full of it when he made those comments, and rather ungracious. His fans here lapped it up of course.

I think Lewis is driving superbly and reaping the rewards. His driving makes me a fan of his driving, but his mouth makes me find him quite annoying. Nothing wrong with highlighting a bit of hypocrisy.

Where is the hypocrisy? Has it been disproven that Hamilton would gain more satisfaction finishing 30s up the road than fighting all the way to victory? No. Ask any of the drivers on the grid about their favourite victories and few would choose a race where they have cruised to victory. I suspect there are different forms of satistfaction involved. All this topic is is a rehash of a statement Hamilton made, brought up as some sort of stick to beat him with as a form of therapy because he just won an easy race. Any angle to find to stick the boot in, quite poor behaviour really, as is your creeping blanket statements about 'fans'. Clearly other folks have 'lapped up' that statement too, eh? So basically he should go slower, otherwise he's a hypocrit. I await the next topic based on that- "Nico Rosberg the hypocrit- he said he'd win in China but didn't". Nah? Of course not, because that would be as ridiculous as this topic.

#39 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:15

Not only that, I remember he said that the fans were bored last year.

Wonder if he thought the fans were bored today?

He's probably aware of that.  And then?

Advertisement

#40 slideways

slideways

• 3,395 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:19

Sometimes he lets his mouth run, and more often than not it bites him in the arse.

Not the most classy of comments about your opposition, but I don't think he is losing too much sleep over it.

#41 spacekid

spacekid

• 3,143 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:24

Where is the hypocrisy? Has it been disproven that Hamilton would gain more satisfaction finishing 30s up the road than fighting all the way to victory? No. Ask any of the drivers on the grid about their favourite victories and few would choose a race where they have cruised to victory. I suspect there are different forms of satistfaction involved. All this topic is is a rehash of a statement Hamilton made, brought up as some sort of stick to beat him with as a form of therapy because he just won an easy race. Any angle to find to stick the boot in, quite poor behaviour really, as is your creeping blanket statements about 'fans'. Clearly other folks have 'lapped up' that statement too, eh? So basically he should go slower, otherwise he's a hypocrit. I await the next topic based on that- "Nico Rosberg the hypocrit- he said he'd win in China but didn't". Nah? Of course not, because that would be as ridiculous as this topic.

I'm not necessarily talking about Lewis Hamiltons hypocrisy.

Trust me, there's a lot of it about.

I'm sure he's losing no sleep at all about his former comments, or the nature of his race wins. Why should he?

But I find it annoying when such comments, which I found somewhat classless at the time, are feted on here then somehow no longer apply.

#42 skc

skc

• 1,748 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:24

He's probably aware of that.  And then?

Someone should have the balls to ask him.

#43 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:28

Someone should have the balls to ask him.

So he's gonna say he's aware it wasn't the most exciting race, and that it wasn't really fun for him either.  That he enjoyed Bahrein 100 times more.   Then what? you'll be satisfied? 

#44 jcpower13

jcpower13

• 891 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:30

Funny thread especially when Bahrain was just two weeks ago. Is it Lewis' fault he was too fast for the competition this week? Perhaps you should lay the blame at their feet for not giving Lewis a proper fight. It takes two to tango and unfortunately there was no-one for Lewis to tango with this week.

#45 sprice

sprice

• 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:31

He probably meant it at the time but I don't imagine he'd prefer to be driving that Red Bull this year.  At least he's admitting he's driving by far the best car of the field by a country mile though.  Nico's sarcastic comment to him pre-podium said it all. :yawnface:

#46 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:35

I find it strange to dig out these comments, while Lewis is probably the most exciting driver out there, and the best overtaker as well. Apart from this year, most (not all, but most) of his wins were super exciting races to watch.  Vettel cannot say as much. 

#47 syolase

syolase

• 225 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:35

BBC's Lewis Hamilton column after Malaysia: http://www.bbc.com/s...rmula1/26878461

"I like leading from the front from pole, but if I'm honest it's not always what I enjoy the most.

Of course, I want to qualify on pole all the time. But leading from the front is different from coming through from the back and, ever since I was a kid, it's the races where you come from the back that really create an impression with people. I want it both ways!"

Haters gonna hate, no matter what he says

Edited by syolase, 20 April 2014 - 10:37.

#48 gincarnated

gincarnated

• 457 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:39

How foolish do you have to be to make a thread like this after seeing Lewis' reaction and comments after his battle for victory with Rosberg in Bahrain... Did you think you were being clever?

#49 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:42

Maybe we should start collecting money for the upcoming therapy? I mean, he's gotta be depressed right now. :(

:-) That made me smile

#50 skc

skc

• 1,748 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:42

So he's gonna say he's aware it wasn't the most exciting race, and that it wasn't really fun for him either.  That he enjoyed Bahrein 100 times more.   Then what? you'll be satisfied? 

Yes.

And to be fair to him, he has actually come out and said that.

My overall point is simple, he should have kept his mouth shut about his distate for the borefest that was Redbull's dominance because now suddenly Mercedes are the ones putting people to sleep.