* * * * - 6 votes

Ferrari F14 T - Part III

• Please log in to reply
3382 replies to this topic

#3351 SanDiegoGo

SanDiegoGo

• 408 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 17:09

Apropos of nothing; how would Ferrari supporters feel about Hamilton in you team in 2015/16? I think it would only happen if Alonso left, but would the Tifosi welcome him or is he persona non grata?

Advertisement

#3352 MastaKink

MastaKink

• 82 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 17:14

Apropos of nothing; how would Ferrari supporters feel about Hamilton in you team in 2015/16? I think it would only happen if Alonso left, but would the Tifosi welcome him or is he persona non grata?

I can't think of a reason why they would be upset by his arrival.

I think a competitive car is more important and top of the wish list though. The driver line up isn't exactly a problem.

#3353 OneAndOnly

OneAndOnly

• 358 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 17:20

Why not. For me any top class driver is welcome to Ferrari. 

#3354 SanDiegoGo

SanDiegoGo

• 408 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 17:26

Wasn't he boo'd at Monza?

#3355 PaulTodd

PaulTodd

• 105 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 17:31

https://www.youtube....h?v=-M7t3m9uSJA

So was Alonso but now he is one of the best drivers ever to have sat in a Ferrari and the Tifosi love him now.

#3356 Alexandros

Alexandros

• 1,082 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 17:52

The problem is the amount of energy that is put during traction & braking zones. This puts as much energy on the tyre as turn 3 in Barcelona.

It shouldn't be worse than Spa... acceleration after turn 1, eau rouge (now that's some load), braking on the end of the straight, multiple fast corners, bus stop braking, etc etc.. and the softs can take it easily with more DF (extra load to the tire).

#3357 AlexS

AlexS

• 2,471 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 19:25

He wasn't Ferrari at that time. It's like when football suporters boo the other team.

#3358 kissTheApex

kissTheApex

• 208 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 22:58

I think a competitive car is more important and top of the wish list though. ....

This.

So was Alonso when he was in Renault (v 1.0 I mean)

So was Alonso but now he is one of the best drivers ever to have sat in a Ferrari and the Tifosi love him now.

This

#3359 boyRacer

boyRacer

• 644 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:42

I remember the banners that greeted Michael Schumacher during his first test for Ferrari... telling him to **** off and how the tifosi wanted Alesi back. I also remember how pragmatic Michael was regarding driving for Ferrari, until he won with one at Monza in 1996. As much as Hamilton likes to open his mouth there is passion in his driving and I think the tifosi would adore him.

Advertisement

#3360 RedRabbit

RedRabbit

• 66 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:31

You cant help but admire Alonso's spirit though. He just never, ever gives up, no matter how bad the car is. He'll fight as hard for tenth place as for a win. Hamilton has never shown that sort of determination before plus Alonso speaks Italian.

#3361 oetzi

oetzi

• 2,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:47

Yeah, yeah, but did the tifosi love Prost more than Mansell?

ps from my viewpoint in the far distance, I think Hamilton's a bit of a knob, but I've always had the feeling he was destined to end up at Ferrari. Just too big a story not to happen.

#3362 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,674 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:08

Context is king here, does anyone expect the tifosi to cheer for Alonso when he was the enemy, the guy that was fighting Schumacher and end up winning him?.

#3363 oetzi

oetzi

• 2,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:52

I won a Schumacher once. Imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be Emil. Drove me to abstraction.

#3364 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,399 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:23

I'd be glad that the team had a top driver, and that is ultimately what is most important I guess, but I wouldn't exactly be 'happy' to have him. Alonso says some nonsense at times and can whine a bit, but Lewis has a bigger problem with what tends to come out of his mouth and I'd rather not have that baggage if there's an option.

I would also not looking forward to some of the more rabid of his fanbase that would come along with him....

Edited by Seanspeed, 29 August 2014 - 10:24.

#3365 oetzi

oetzi

• 2,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:37

I think it would be great if they got Alonso and Hamilton together. Imagine the insightful discussions we could look forward to!

#3366 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,399 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:52

I think it would be great if they got Alonso and Hamilton together. Imagine the insightful discussions we could look forward to!

I would probably just have to retire from this board and just watch and enjoy F1 by myself.

#3367 oetzi

oetzi

• 2,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:29

If Hamilton decides he's really not happy at Mercedes then it'll be Ferrari or McLaren. And I reckon he'd prefer Ferrari. And I reckon Ferrari would find room for him. And I don't reckon they want to lose Alonso. So never say never...

#3368 kissTheApex

kissTheApex

• 208 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:37

I'd be glad that the team had a top driver, and that is ultimately what is most important I guess, but I wouldn't exactly be 'happy' to have him. Alonso says some nonsense at times and can whine a bit, but Lewis has a bigger problem with what tends to come out of his mouth and I'd rather not have that baggage if there's an option.

I would also not looking forward to some of the more rabid of his fanbase that would come along with him....

Hear hear

#3369 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,912 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 13:50

Alonso and Hamilton together fighting eachother for the last points positions,  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Being serious, Hamilton's qualities mean he would be an undeniable favourite with the tifosi imo.

#3370 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,328 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 14:21

Alonso and Hamilton together fighting eachother for the last points positions,  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Being serious, Hamilton's qualities mean he would be an undeniable favourite with the tifosi imo.

Lewis or Fred? Fred is much loved. But he can't compare to Michael or Jean Alesi with the tifosi.

#3371 Vinsin

Vinsin

• 392 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:50

Alonso and Hamilton together fighting eachother for the last points positions, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think Ferrari are finally stable with 2 proven quality and can focus on more important things than weekly-yearly dramas that leads the team nowhere.

With the mega domination fastest car under Hamilton, he still has been continuously beaten by Rosberg in Qualifying. Add to that, Rosberg has clearly winning the mental side of things as well, while Ricciardo is making the most of Mercedes Team going disarray babysitting grown up drivers.

Ferrari are in a great situation with their current drivers solely focused on improving the car, while Hamilton is busy focussing on Rosberg making a point. It's not like Hamilton has done anything with better cars than Ferrari & Lotus in 2010, 2011 & 2012.

#3372 Raest

Raest

• 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:59

Yes because nothing excites a tifoso like a huge (even for F1 standards) entitlement complex  :smoking:

#3373 igorwright

igorwright

• 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 16:03

I dont wanna Lewis crashing my beloved Red Ones! Please...

#3374 Kimble

Kimble

• 234 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 16:21

The Tifosi would love Lewis.  His driving flare and speed would be perfect. In some ways it would be good for him.  He would be driving for 'them' and this would get the best out of him and give him the emotional support he needs.

#3375 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,092 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 16:40

Can we please stop discussing Lewis Hamilton and get back to discussing the car, please.

#3376 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,912 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 22:55

The joke seems to have gone over you heads, my apologies lol.

I meant Alonso and Hamilton would be fighting eachother like him and Rosberg are right now, or stabbing eachother in the back like 2010 over who get's to finish 10th, with the state the car is in!  :lol:

I still do think he would do well, if he were to come.

#3377 grunge

grunge

• 4,281 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 13:22

Allison: Ferrari thinks too ‘short-term’

http://www.crash.net...-shortterm.html

#3378 MotorsportFerrari

MotorsportFerrari

• 22 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 16:14

Mattiacci bout his team and analyes of the situation.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19593

To the article about Allison: I am not sure Ferrari is doing the right thing when they split their focus between aero and engine. There is no doubt that aero is very important, but when you have such a deficit to Mercedes you should give your very best in that area.

Ferrari should be bout 40 horsepower down on Merc. Do you think Mercedes will stand still over the winter? No, they will make further improvements on their PU. I fear that the Ferrari engine will still lack of a massive power. I think 15 HP deficit would be acceptable, but nothing more. 

#3379 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,776 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 18:40

To the article about Allison: I am not sure Ferrari is doing the right thing when they split their focus between aero and engine. There is no doubt that aero is very important, but when you have such a deficit to Mercedes you should give your very best in that area.

Ferrari should be bout 40 horsepower down on Merc. Do you think Mercedes will stand still over the winter? No, they will make further improvements on their PU. I fear that the Ferrari engine will still lack of a massive power. I think 15 HP deficit would be acceptable, but nothing more. 

I don't think they are "splitting" anything in so far as the engine people will work on the engine and the aero people on the aero, and hopefully they will work together. That the technical leadership is not ignoring one area over the other can only be a good thing.

Advertisement

#3380 zottzell

zottzell

• 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 18:56

Don't think the tifosis would mind that much if Hamilton was to join the team, they seem to love the team first and the drivers second as long as the combination perform on the track.

I personally would not like it though, not because of Lewis talents as a driver as he's surely one of the top drivers on the grid but because of the type of fans he seem to attract as seen in the Hamilton vs Rosberg thread. Wouldn't hurt if he became more media groomed as well, too many unnecessary comments being made when silence or a more careful choosing of words could have been better.

Sorry for sidetracking from the thread intent though. 

Looking forward to the race (races are to far between now), haven't got that big hope of it being successful though as the engine deficit is surely going to be to much to surpass.

Edited by zottzell, 01 September 2014 - 18:57.

#3381 RedRabbit

RedRabbit

• 66 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 20:10

From the article - "For next year however they already want to lift their pace and fight for victories on a regular basis."

Tbh, we haven't really fought for victories regularly since 2008, so I dont understand why they have a long term view for title challenges but a short term target of winning mulitple races next year on merit. With the drivers we have, if Kimi can set up the car to his liking, both are consistent enough to mount a title challenge AND win races. Unless Merc still have a 2s advantage of course.

#3382 AlexS

AlexS

• 2,471 posts

Posted Yesterday, 20:15

Allison expects that we will be competitive in Monza as in Spa or almost. They were afraid of Spa but were surprised.

http://www.omnicorse...meno-come-a-spa

For me we will be behind Mercedes and Williams. The incognita is Redbull. With less curves and bigger straights they might loose more than in Spa.

Autosprint has an article saying that Kimi improved when Ferrari FRIC disapeared. Just a coincidence? Maybe, they also say that Lotus FRIC didn't prevented good results from Kimi

http://autosprint.co...aso-fric/18340/

Edited by AlexS, Yesterday, 20:17.

#3383 oetzi

oetzi

• 2,982 posts

Posted Yesterday, 23:20

Allison: Ferrari thinks too ‘short-term’

http://www.crash.net...-shortterm.html

This is pretty much what I was thinking of when talking about the team's (extremely positive) opinion of Alonso maybe being a problem.