Photo

Ken Miles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hse289

Hse289

• 665 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 19:50

It might not be a surprise to some but I am researching Ken Miles early racing life in England . Along the way there are some names I would like to find out about and a couple of results too, can anyone help with information about Peter Mould? More later.

Thanks

Advertisement

#2 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,506 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:45

David McKinney's notes have a number of references.  Is there anything particular you want?

#3 Hse289

Hse289

• 665 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 14:03

Hi Roger,

there are a number of things, my project is focussing on the cars he owned/raced and worked on. I would like to find a picture of Peter Mould`s Emeryson 500 at Silverstone on july 14th 1951. Ken Miles was one of the mechanics working on that car that day. Is Peter Mould still alive?

I would like to contact some people whose names pop up along the way, they are connected to Miles in one way or another for example, E. Carbery, John Dunscombe, L.R.Disney, Freddie Bird, Reg Barrett.  

I would like to find out more details of the VSCC Madresfield sprint held in july 1949, what day?, other people in his class. I know he finished 2nd but do not know much else about that day.

I would also like to know the entrants for a couple of trials from 1947, Colmore and Hagley & District Welsh 12 hours.

Lots to find out about, any help please.

Thanks, Paul

#4 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,506 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 19:09

I can't help with much of that but Motor Sport for July 1949 says that the VSCC were holding a Rally and Edqardian Trial at Madresfield on July 10th.  I couldn't find a report in the August issue.  The VSCC library holds back numbers of their club bulletin and may be able to help with more information.  

#5 charlespenrose

charlespenrose

• 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 19:28

Is Peter Mould still alive?

No, he died in 1995, aged 71.

#6 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,096 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 19:43

Paul, have you been in contact with Peter Emery? I will e mail you his address etc. if not. Derek Lawson, delboy59 on TNF may know some of Peter Mould's old pals etc, and I suspect that sharman of TNF is on holiday or he would probably know people from that era as he was very much of the crowd. Mould may feature in an Autosport profile, the sort of thing Frankie Penn used to do to fill up winter copy.  Someone with access to period Autocar/Motor copies may help with the Colmore etc trials.  Will pm you. I have not come up with anything on the names you sent me so far.

Roger Lund

#7 Hse289

Hse289

• 665 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:39

Thanks for the replies guy`s.

Roger L, I will follow up what you suggest, thank you. Also I have been in contact with Peter Emery through his family, they have been helpful. Charles, thanks for your clarification on Peter Mould. Roger C, I am in contact with the VSCC and they have been very helpful too but I must get a bit more info about the Madresfield event. July 10th seems right because Miles was at Silverstone the week before and after Madresfield he was at Prescott for a B.O.C. event. Thanks for clearing that up.

I would like to find SUNBAC information relating to Ken Miles time in the club but David Baxter could not help. I have been through most of the publications from around 1947 to 51 at the NMM library but could not find anything relating to Miles participation in a 1947 Welsh Light Car Trials. Im guessing it has to be either the Colmore or the Hagley & District Welsh 12 hr Trials. If only I could find entry lists. He was driving a Frazer Nash car #2, I am in contact with the FN club too.

Thanks all for your replies , I do appreciate it.

Paul