Photo

Brian Wackett

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dizzieizzie

dizzieizzie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:06

Hi new to site so do apologise before I start if I do summation wrong .now was wondering if anyone has any photos of my brother in law Bryan Wackett who raced in club races in mid 60s all his photos an trophies have been lost an we are trying to get some together fir him as a present he went on to national an international racing he raced against a lot of well known racers including Barry Sheene. I have seen a couple of photos on here by a photographer called graham etheridge does anyone know how I can contact him thanks in advance for any help you can give

Advertisement

#2 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:14

dizzie...you could start by contacting David Blanche at...

http://autopics.com.au/

I believe he has over 750,000 uncatalogued images...

You could also search this and other forums for Wackett, Brian Wackett etc I did a quick check and many entry's came up

Welcome

Edited by 275 GTB-4, 18 May 2014 - 12:18.

#3 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 15:43

And I will give Graham a nudge for you ............................................................  ;)  :up:

#4 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:21

Hi, I have a few pictures of Brian, pm me your email addy & I will mail what I have to you? I used to see Brian regularly in builders merchants in the Epping area in the 1980's & a JCB? with Wackett onit? in the Upshire area?

#5 havachat

havachat

• 72 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 19:21

Hi new to site so do apologise before I start if I do summation wrong .now was wondering if anyone has any photos of my brother in law Bryan Wackett who raced in club races in mid 60s all his photos an trophies have been lost an we are trying to get some together fir him as a present he went on to national an international racing he raced against a lot of well known racers including Barry Sheene. I have seen a couple of photos on here by a photographer called graham etheridge does anyone know how I can contact him thanks in advance for any help you can give

send him a pm on here

his name is picblanc

if you have no success pm me your details and i will contact him direct

#6 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 16:05

Hi dizzielizzie, this is a nice shot of Brian at the Crystal Palace in September 1971.  He's riding around Marin Carney at North Tower turn.  Brian, who was no slouch, is on the Seeley previously raced by hotshot, John Blanchard. 

https://www.theimage...&id=11980365602

Edited by Russell Burrows, 01 June 2014 - 16:08.

#7 harrisyamaha37

harrisyamaha37

• 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 16:33

Brian was in our shop the other day and had some interesting storys to tell. Nice bloke. Neil harris motorcycles chingford