Photo

Shadow DN8 'streamliner' - looking for photos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,394 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:54

Somebody posted on FB some pictures of Shadow DN8-4A with the 'streamliner' bodywork. I've only seen one picture of it ever before.

I would be very thankful if somebody would/could post any further photos of the car. Specially from the right side, the sides behind the front wheels and the tail section/engine cover.

This is what I've seen so far:

385375_270976512965330_1244440752_n.jpg

270086_184007711664085_1312718_n.jpg

420130_252765374802483_171761650_n.jpg420130_252765374802483_171761650_n.jpg

All helping responses are much appreciated.

Advertisement

#2 buckaluck

buckaluck

• 149 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:14

Hi sorry no one has replied wish someone had as I am an advid colllector of anything Shadow I know Don personally as well as his daughter Penny he has always been nice to me even though he has a rep for being difficult to say it nicely. I have quite a collection of photos of his cars but had not seen this one so was interested to see what others may know sad to see nothing. I did have a biography from Mr. Gary Kerdal a man that was a neighbor of Don's and one of the first people to be able to get a car from him I just moved so if I find it it may have some info. I haven't talked to Don for a few years so maybe I will give it a shot and ask him about the car to see if he remembers he still seemed pretty sharp last time I saw him but it's been 3-4 years but still have his contact info unless it changed worse case I do have Penny's but haven't had contact with her for much longer then 3-4 more like nearly 10 but she is on Linkedin. She so wanted him to do a book but gets frustrated with him and he doesn't seem interested maybe he thinks he will need to include the stuff prior to racing (his military career) which is quite confidential even to today as far as he feels. There are a bunch of rumors about his time in Vietnam but he wasn't even there he was out of the Military by then so they are just rumors and quite silly.

If you do find out more and get any pics please share and if you would like a disc of what I have collected over the years on his cars let me know.

Mike

#3 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,394 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:11

Thanks for the reply Mike,

as I wrote I'm looking for photos from the other side and the rear of the car. Basically pictures of everything that is different to the normal DN8.

It would be great if you could post some.

My brother collects and builds modelcars and wants to see if it is possible to rebuild/modify an existing model of the DN8.

Interresting fact on the side: this is the chassis that Alan Jones drove to victory in Austria.

Some other great news I picked up on fb: Pete Lyons works in the moment with Don Nichols on a book about Shadow.

Frank