Photo

Team Lotus 1994

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WBarnato

WBarnato

• 84 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 14:24

As some of you may, or may not, be aware I have a particular obsession with the Lotus 107 and 109. Recently I have been trying to connect some memories I have from the past.

Following the acquisition of Team Lotus by David Hunt it moved form Ketteringham Hall to, what I can only remember as an Industrial Estate. There was a 109 chassis there which I assume later arrived at the Barber Vintage motorsports museum. Does anyone remember where this place was?

Secondly following David Hunt's winding up of Team Lotus its assets were sold at an auction in Brighton. A number of items were sold including Colin Chapman's desk and the blue prints for the 107 and 109 (I also remember a complete undertray from a 102 being sold). Does anybody have anything from that auction?

Advertisement

#2 polarboy

polarboy

• 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 15:15

HI the unit was the old Team wind tunnel building on Philip Ford way industrial site,Silfield wymondham

There were various cars there over the years 102d,107,107b,107c and 109

Pretty sure all the 109,s were sold as complete cars and all the other chassis that were there were built up as complete cars

there was an auction at Brighton then the final sale of all the remaining items that were sold on site at the wind tunnel

#3 WBarnato

WBarnato

• 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:49

Thank you so much polarboy - PM sent.