* * * - - 5 votes

Lewis Hamilton vs Nico Rosberg 2014 part IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3902 replies to this topic

#1 Powersteer

Powersteer

• 2,460 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 00:56

Ricciardo this season kind of reminds me of Lewis's first.

Advertisement

#2 OO7

OO7

• 23,395 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:01

Really?  Dan isn't a rookie though.

#3 dhill39

dhill39

• 426 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:12

That's what being the best is all about,look at all other sportsmen and women,being the best gets you love and hate every where.Me personally,I could care less what he doe's outside of F1

#4 Spoch

Spoch

• 222 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:19

I don't know if I'd go quite that far, but he's definitely a little poisonous. I'm no fan of his but I do have to admit he's one of the fastest drivers on the current grid. But Rosberg can be as fast, at times maybe faster. Where Hamilton has had the edge has been he *races* better. And maybe some of that comes from his attitude.

He does carry that air of entitlement, for want of a better word. There's something in his at times ranty, at times whiny, me me me me me behaviour (especially when it comes to team communications, or any moment a team or stewarding decision doesn't go in his favour) that I find unpleasant. But it's probably also a symptom of whatever it is that has made him that bit more successful so far this year.

Whether or not Mercedes are willing to put up with a pissy teenager hissy fit every other weekend, on the basis he brings in publicity and points, is another matter. McLaren seemed willing to tolerate his petulant stampy foot tantrums, he left them. So perhaps Mercedes will put up with the attitude as long as it brings with it the results. However, he might feel jilted if they don't dote on him, and justify another ship jumping.

What exactly is it about Lewis that causes so much (thinking of a word to fit) excitement, controversy, pandemonium? Have your pick. There are many drivers on the grid that have committed far more hideous acts and not a word has been said. Kimi throws tantrums all the time over the radio, Vettel was once known as a crash kid, Alonso and his crashgate and faster than Massa and yet nothing has been made of it. Nico for the past four races has been behaving like a pant on the podium and no one baits an eye lid and Lewis shows his displeasure over the qualifying scam on the podium and the world wants to collapse. Get over it folks. The guy is box office and all of you salivating over every single act he does are closet fans or maybe the R word is what I have to use to describe you lot.

Edited by Spoch, 01 June 2014 - 03:20.

#5 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:28

What exactly is it about Lewis that causes so much (thinking of a word to fit) excitement, controversy, pandemonium? Have your pick. There are many drivers on the grid that have committed far more hideous acts and not a word has been said. Kimi throws tantrums all the time over the radio, Vettel was once known as a crash kid, Alonso and his crashgate and faster than Massa and yet nothing has been made of it. Nico for the past four races has been behaving like a pant on the podium and no one baits an eye lid and Lewis shows his displeasure over the qualifying scam on the podium and the world wants to collapse. Get over it folks. The guy is box office and all of you salivating over every single act he does are closet fans or maybe the R word is what I have to use to describe you lot.

James Allen was really profiling Lewis on the 5 Live pod-cast. Sounded very pre-medidated.

#6 SR388

SR388

• 5,683 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:32

If Lewis ever shoved a media member or safety marshall like Kimi was often want to do, he would be labeled as the biggest THUG in Europe. 

I don't want to call folks names or make accusations, but I see the way Europeans treat their minority soccer players, and it makes me wonder.

#7 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,219 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:57

If Lewis ever shoved a media member or safety marshall like Kimi was often want to do, he would be labeled as the biggest THUG in Europe. 

I don't want to call folks names or make accusations, but I see the way Europeans treat their minority soccer players, and it makes me wonder.

Exactly. Imagine Lewis had been the one doing this. People would still bring it up everyday. I don't know what it is about him that generates this constant bashing, where other drivers get away with the same things after a couple days. Maybe the guy just has too much talent and people feel the need to constantly remind of his flaws, some way to compensate. I'm not sure.   

However, don't generalize on Europeans, please   ;)   We also have Lewis' biggest fans (me included). 

On a side note, part 3 of this thread lasted about 9 days. Crazy!   :lol:   

Edited by hollowstar, 01 June 2014 - 04:00.

#8 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 3,620 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:58

You sound a little confused.  A poster took issue with Hamilton being interested in two people, and I believe part of the issue was that they were black entertainers.  You might not like to hear that, but I honestly couldn't care less.  You may or may not be a brown person, that bears no relevance on the matter in any way, whatsoever, nor does your past.  Usain Bolt's color or reputation is equally irrelevant here.  In fact, very little of what you just said has anything to do with the comment I made or that I was responding to, or that that one was responding to.

Bringing up issues of race may make you uncomfortable, but as long as race is an issue (big or small) it will be brought up.  You may or may not get used to that.  It's not really my concern.

Lewis Hamilton can seek the company of anyone he likes, whether you or anyone else approves.  Or whether it would be the kind of person Rosberg or anyone else on the grid or in the garages approves of.  What matters is how Hamilton performs in the car, and how he conducts himself when acting as a representative of his team and sponsors.  I have never once seen him behave in a way that is deserving of the kind of ferocity we see after the most minor controversy.  I personally believe that's in large part because of his race.  Again, you may be sensitive to hearing me say that.  I don't mind.

You could believe what you want... the other people Coral mentioned were F1 drivers, you know, people who did the sort of work Hamilton is currently engaged in. So while it may rankle with you that the trio he mentioned (Warwick, Surtees and Hakkinen) weren't people of colour, but there was a point proper the other person was making, or was trying to. While it is very true, that in personal life Hamilton can choose to do whatever the hell he wants. Heck, i was quite supportive on another forum when he showed up at playboy mansion(underlined as i mixed it up and this was left out), and i mean which straight man wouldn't be supportive, well unless as you said it is affecting his trade... and as long as he's performing well in the car, what he does outside doesn't matter, well for the most part. F1 is a PR driven sport though and one would be quite a fool to ignore the realities... where image of the companies involved is all that matters. If the employers have a problem with the image of an athlete ... well, you can't just say that it is all colour, because that is just plain daft. Apart from this, what you said had very little relevance to the point that the other person was making, and you accused somewhat the other poster of racism, without much basis, which i think was rather low on your part. You didn't try to clarify anything with the said poster about his intent or the sort, but straight up implied whatever you had to. To be honest, the cavalier nature with which you accused the other poster, that is what i found quite bemusing and something that made me uncomfortable. It had nothing to with the fact that racism itself exists and it may come up anytime, anywhere.

The reason why i mentioned my past and experiences, some things which i go through every now and then is quite simple... so one wouldn't/ couldn't say that which i speak holds no water, as i know nothing about how it feels. I know exactly how it feels. I know exactly how it felt when someone tried to run me down. I know exactly how i felt when i was threatened by drunk hooligans who hurled racist slurs at me. I know exactly how i felt when i learned my wife and her friend, who were both out with the kids at the time, were abused by other coloured people. So do not speak about serious stuff in such a cavalier manner. You want to help matters, i get it. However, i'm just saying that you aren't.

Edited by garagetinkerer, 01 June 2014 - 04:41.

#9 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:08

20 mins video interview with Lewis here

http://motorsportsta...hamilton-video/

Not a party animal? Maybe because of the Sutil incidence in China.

#10 Powersteer

Powersteer

• 2,460 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:09

Did my line say he is?

#11 SR388

SR388

• 5,683 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:10

Exactly. Imagine Lewis had been the one doing this. People would still bring it up everyday. I don't know what it is about him that generates this constant bashing, where other drivers get away with the same things after a couple days. Maybe the guy just has too much talent and people feel the need to constantly remind of his flaws, some way to compensate. I'm not sure.   

However, don't generalize on Europeans, please   ;)   We also have Lewis' biggest fans (me included). 

Sorry to generalize your continent. I think you are a kind and fair people but there are some bad eggs. IMO. 

#12 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 11,564 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:12

'Lewis Hamilton vs Nico Rosberg 2014 Part IV'

...and we've only just had Monaco. Impressive.

#13 SR388

SR388

• 5,683 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:18

Anyway, new thread. Let's get this party started!!

lewis-hamilton_1854826c.jpg

IWC_WATCHMAKING-CLASS_NICO-ROSBERG_11-10

lewis-hamilton-pic-pa-61603966.jpg

Monaco-Grand-Prix-Nico-Rosberg_2601120.j

Lewis-Hamilton-US-GP-Trophy_2862957.jpg

nico_rosberg_2008_05_25.jpg

hi-res-5a123c33d6840a5ece4ce86df878fd32_rosberg_2605getty_630.jpg

hi-res-5a123c33d6840a5ece4ce86df878fd32_

Edited by SR388, 01 June 2014 - 04:20.

#14 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 3,620 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:54

Why could you not leave it at "closet fans" or/ and detractors? Why is everything going back to the colour of the driver in question? Did the other person say anything that would make you think that? Heck nobody said Vettel was being racist when he called NK a cucumber... so why is it that some fans calling a driver out on his out of car performance, which is also evaluated by a team by the by, potentially racist?

Heck, a lot of people don't think much of Schumacher, and do you think that has anything to do with colour? Kimi was slated quite a lot during his later days in the earlier stint in F1. Alonso hasn't been proven to be involved in crash-gate. However, we have quite simply Dennis' word to say that he blackmailed the team, do you remember the **** storm that followed? Vettel...he was pulled up for thanksgiving of 2010, calling Karthikeyan a common salad ingredient, and lastly what was justified revenge (although i think he should have been more open about it). Just because you possibly may be new to the sport, and that not much is being said about others now, it doesn't mean no one else got the stick. Everyone does... Act silly enough often, and sooner than later it comes to bite one's behind.

note: At this rate one may call all the sponsors of Tiger Woods, who withdrew upon his escapades becoming public, racist...

Edited by garagetinkerer, 01 June 2014 - 05:03.

#15 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 3,620 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:02

Right... cause when Kimi did it, no one gave him the stick... come on man, you know better.

That latter part... i totally agree. May be as most other cars suck too much and a lot of chatter is going on here... I personally am here for the two reasons i outlined :p

#16 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,219 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:14

Right... cause when Kimi did it, no one gave him the stick... come on man, you know better.

That latter part... i totally agree. May be as most other cars suck too much and a lot of chatter is going on here... I personally am here for the two reasons i outlined :p

No, I didn't say no one gave him the stick. I'm saying people discussed it for a couple days (ok, probably a little more) and then it faded out.  Kind of like no one speaks about Button taking out Alonso in Canada 2011, or his crash with Karthikeyan in Malaysia 2012, but people keep bringing up Lewis coming together with Hulkenberg in Brasil, or Monza 2010, or his Canada 2008 crash. Among others.  It just seems people forget or move on way more easily when it's other drivers. Do you know what I mean? 

I'm (mostly) with you on the "R" word, I think there are other factors and don't really like seing people use that. But it's hard to understand where it comes from. It sometimes is so puzzling how he is treated differently that I can understand how it can cross people's mind. 

#17 Powersteer

Powersteer

• 2,460 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:37

somehow i magically started a new thread?

#18 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,219 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:44

It was split from the previous thread by a mod.

#19 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 2,581 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:51

bauss, on 01 Jun 2014 - 02:13, said:snapback.png

20 mins video interview with Lewis here

http://motorsportsta...hamilton-video/

Incredible film thanks for that

Advertisement

#20 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 3,620 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:07

No, I didn't say no one gave him the stick. I'm saying people discussed it for a couple days (ok, probably a little more) and then it faded out.  Kind of like no one speaks about Button taking out Alonso in Canada 2011, or his crash with Karthikeyan in Malaysia 2012, but people keep bringing up Lewis coming together with Hulkenberg in Brasil, or Monza 2010, or his Canada 2008 crash. Among others.  It just seems people forget or move on way more easily when it's other drivers. Do you know what I mean? 

I'm (mostly) with you on the "R" word, I think there are other factors and don't really like seing people use that. But it's hard to understand where it comes from. It sometimes is so puzzling how he is treated differently that I can understand how it can cross people's mind. 

Faded out? I saw it flung about here by someone as recently as end of last year or early this year. Spygate and some others as early as this year... In the part 3 of this thread, someone was speaking about Alonso and his potential involvement in crashgate, nevermind that there's nothing to prove it. Thanksgiving, Cucumber and revenge were all referred to as soon as a few weeks ago, if not sooner than that. :rotfl:Everything comes up every now and then... and that is true of every driver. It is an internet forum which has a much longer memory :p and is generally more unforgiving.

As i said earlier... there are jokes a plenty about Tiger Woods, but nobody suggests that race has anything to do with it... Same with R Kelley and some of the jokes after his incident (i very much enjoyed the digs at him by Dave Chappelle :D). Sometimes, some people dig themselves in a hole, and it is just that. Would you agree that a lot of times Hamilton could have chosen to keep quiet, but he didn't and ended up saying something suspect? I guess that is all there's to it for the most part. I feel and think, that labeling someone such needs to be more thought out, than just a knee jerk reaction to a whinge on an internet forum.

#21 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,219 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:49

Sometimes, some people dig themselves in a hole, and it is just that. Would you agree that a lot of times Hamilton could have chosen to keep quiet, but he didn't and ended up saying something suspect? I guess that is all there's to it for the most part. I feel and think, that labeling someone such needs to be more thought out, than just a knee jerk reaction to a whinge on an internet forum.

No, that's the thing. What you consider Hamilton digging himself, I see it as people making a big fuss out of nothing. A way bigger fuss than it should really be, and than it would be with another driver. And that's exactly what I'm still struggling to understand to this day.  Just look at how people describe Hamilton's radio conversations. If it were Kimi, people would think he's just so cool. But it's Lewis, so he's criticized. Hamilton has always been blamed if he does, and blamed if he doesn't. People never seem to say he's doing things right.

#22 Bartonz20let

Bartonz20let

• 1,860 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:54

Glad to see the new thread has got off to a good start, I'm gonna try stay away until next week, nothing good will come of this.

#23 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,393 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:55

No, he is well prepared driver who has been brought up through a driver development programme, with an opportunity in a top team against the reigning (multiple) world champion.

#24 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:09

No, he is well prepared driver who has been brought up through a driver development programme, with an opportunity in a top team against the reigning (multiple) world champion.

What's this, another 'he's no better than X'  :stoned: .   What on earth motivates this stuff?  Ricciardo is 2.5 years older and has 2.5 years more F1 experience.  It's hard enough comparing Lewis with Nico in the same car!  Now you want to discuss how Dan would've beaten Nando as well?  :p

#25 hodgy21

hodgy21

• 1,207 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:21

With 2 and a half years of F1 experience before he competed against the World Champion.

You were being a little selective with your facts, thought I would put in one that you omitted.

Beaten to it by undersquare.

Edited by hodgy21, 01 June 2014 - 08:22.

#26 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,393 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:21

What's this, another 'he's no better than X'  :stoned: .   What on earth motivates this stuff?  Ricciardo is 2.5 years older and has 2.5 years more F1 experience.  It's hard enough comparing Lewis with Nico in the same car!  Now you want to discuss how Dan would've beaten Nando as well?  :p

Nah, not here. There is a thread for Dan v Seb. I just think that the "rookie" thing is overplayed, because you only get to see a drivers true quality in a good car and against a proven team-mate. Most drivers do not get that opportunity in their first year. Vettel didn't. Alonso didn't. Senna didn't. Circumstances dictate the timing of opportunities. 

#27 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 5,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:28

Lewis was well prepared racing around the track(s) thousand of kilometers, while rookie's of today have only a simulator, it's a fair assessment to point out both situations  are different, and hard to compare, I wouldn't expect a rookie jumping in a top car, and fight against a WDC. That what happen in 2007 is a proof of Lewis class and on the hand a sign how well he was prepared, comparisons, are bit off how many times does a Rookie end up in a team to fight for the WDC?  

#28 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 7,842 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:32

No, that's the thing. What you consider Hamilton digging himself, I see it as people making a big fuss out of nothing. A way bigger fuss than it should really be, and than it would be with another driver. And that's exactly what I'm still struggling to understand to this day.  Just look at how people describe Hamilton's radio conversations. If it were Kimi, people would think he's just so cool. But it's Lewis, so he's criticized. Hamilton has always been blamed if he does, and blamed if he doesn't. People never seem to say he's doing things right.

It also has to do with the original language of Kimi (and the accent) and the way Lewis talks. If Kimi says: 'Shut up, I know what I am doing,' it sounds a bit like Arnold Schwarzennegger ('Get to the choppa!), which gives it a kind of unreal, endearing quality. It would sound totally different if Lewis would say the exact same thing. But then: he probably would not say the exact same thing.

English is Lewis native tongue, which gives it a total other dynamics. I have a friend at the University of Madrid researching this stuff, it is quite fascinating. I am not going to elaborate on it (I can't, to be fair!) but one of the points she has made several times is that the grammar of the original language seeps through in a spoken foreign language, even if someone is really, really fluent in that language.

Take German-language people like Niki Lauda, Nico Rosberg and Toto Wolff. They all speak excellent English (perhaps Niki a bit more gruff), but with very staccato rhytms. The point with the German language, for example, is that you have two different 'the's' (for male and female), and also different 'the's for nouns that are moving, that are moved to, or are given something.

In my view, that makes Germans talking English almost impenetrable for different intepretations. They built their sentences like cement on cement!

Edited by Nemo1965, 01 June 2014 - 16:30.

#29 d_view7

d_view7

• 1,490 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:43

'Lewis Hamilton vs Nico Rosberg 2014 Part IV'...and we've only just had Monaco. Impressive.

Try going for 19 parts, one for each race. Now that would be impressive.

#30 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:01

Its a sign ..... maybe you will be fed to the Kraken next :p

#31 P123

P123

• 23,877 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:04

Nah, not here. There is a thread for Dan v Seb. I just think that the "rookie" thing is overplayed, because you only get to see a drivers true quality in a good car and against a proven team-mate. Most drivers do not get that opportunity in their first year. Vettel didn't. Alonso didn't. Senna didn't. Circumstances dictate the timing of opportunities.

Opportunity, or challenge? Most drivers get the opportunity to build themselves and gain experience lower down the grid, to have their bad races and errors out of the spotlight.

#32 micktosin

micktosin

• 1,027 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:11

I understand if people are biased towards a certain driver, but can we all just be objective for once(please). While I don't agree with people wanting him to live a certain lifestyle outside of formula 1, but I do sometimes agree with majority of people attacking him for his choice of behaviour on track, which include his behaviour towards the team or the way he conducted himself last week, and I feel it is important people are not been labelled racist for it. I know there are lot of prejudice but bad behaviour should not be supported either in any form, as I wouldn't get a pass for lashing out at my patient for not doing what I want, and why should Lewis or kimi or others just because they are stars? 

So before you label others what ever you want, ask yourself if the behaviours are acceptable in a professional world and how you would feel if your colleague lash out at you for instance.

I am mix race myself(needed to point that out as been critical of lewis behaviour is seen as racist) and I don't care about lewis off/on track behaviours, just care about his driving but people shouldn't be labelled racist for being critical of any drivers wrong doings. On a side note, people that condones kimi's attitude makes me sick, how can you defend a guy that knocked down a child without apologising?

Bring on Canada, so I can see lewis restore the order against Nico :clap:  

#33 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,393 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:36

Opportunity, or challenge? Most drivers get the opportunity to build themselves and gain experience lower down the grid, to have their bad races and errors out of the spotlight.

Both, but if Lewis had to wait until his third year for a good car and a top level team-mate, then that is when he would have fully established himself. He did also have extensive testing, which would not be possible now. The WDC he faced was also not incumbent in the team, unlike Vettel. The main difference is that the Red Bull pair are not WDC contenders, so the pressure won't be as much. I think Ricciardo has a big future (as was believed to be the case with Lewis at the time). I can't see what is controversial about that.

This thread is actually about whether Lewis can fulfill the expectations created that year and beat a less highly rated driver, who arrived in a mid-level team with less fanfare, for the title.

Edited by garoidb, 01 June 2014 - 10:37.

#34 kedia990

kedia990

• 433 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:20

https://twitter.com/...6469505/photo/1

Nice gesture on Ron's birthday. Or a hidden message?  :cool:

#35 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:24

Both, but if Lewis had to wait until his third year for a good car and a top level team-mate, then that is when he would have fully established himself. He did also have extensive testing, which would not be possible now. The WDC he faced was also not incumbent in the team, unlike Vettel. The main difference is that the Red Bull pair are not WDC contenders, so the pressure won't be as much. I think Ricciardo has a big future (as was believed to be the case with Lewis at the time). I can't see what is controversial about that.

This thread is actually about whether Lewis can fulfill the expectations created that year and beat a less highly rated driver, who arrived in a mid-level team with less fanfare, for the title.

Oh I know dude.  You want to finish off your Dan >= Lewis aside then tell us what the topic is.  Oh and that the topic is Lewis trying to avoid failure  :lol:

#36 skc

skc

• 1,748 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:31

I think a lot of Lewis Hamilton fans project too much to be honest.

Playing the victim card all the time gets boring after a while. 

#37 OO7

OO7

• 23,395 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:38

Did my line say he is?

Ok, what are the similarities you find?

#38 OO7

OO7

• 23,395 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:40

You don't even realise your own Powersteer!

#39 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:45

https://twitter.com/...6469505/photo/1

Nice gesture on Ron's birthday. Or a hidden message?  :cool:

Nice gesture I reckon.  Good to see things are, presumably, okay between them again.

Advertisement

#40 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,393 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:47

Oh I know dude.  You want to finish off your Dan >= Lewis aside then tell us what the topic is.  Oh and that the topic is Lewis trying to avoid failure  :lol:

You will find, if you can be bothered to check, that I did not start the Ricciardo comparison.

Now, tell me, are you arguing that it would not be a significant failure in Lewis's career to miss out on this years WDC? 

#41 OO7

OO7

• 23,395 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:49

You will find, if you can be bothered to check, that I did not start the Ricciardo comparison.

Now, tell me, are you arguing that it would not be a significant failure in Lewis's career to miss out on this years WDC? 

Depends on why he misses out.

#42 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,393 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:51

Depends on why he misses out.

It doesn't, really. 

#43 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:52

I understand if people are biased towards a certain driver, but can we all just be objective for once(please). While I don't agree with people wanting him to live a certain lifestyle outside of formula 1, but I do sometimes agree with majority of people attacking him for his choice of behaviour on track, which include his behaviour towards the team or the way he conducted himself last week, and I feel it is important people are not been labelled racist for it. I know there are lot of prejudice but bad behaviour should not be supported either in any form, as I wouldn't get a pass for lashing out at my patient for not doing what I want, and why should Lewis or kimi or others just because they are stars? 
So before you label others what ever you want, ask yourself if the behaviours are acceptable in a professional world and how you would feel if your colleague lash out at you for instance.

I am mix race myself(needed to point that out as been critical of lewis behaviour is seen as racist) and I don't care about lewis off/on track behaviours, just care about his driving but people shouldn't be labelled racist for being critical of any drivers wrong doings. On a side note, people that condones kimi's attitude makes me sick, how can you defend a guy that knocked down a child without apologising?

Bring on Canada, so I can see lewis restore the order against Nico :clap:

What is this wrong doing that Lewis should not be excused because of the colour if his skin? I have re-watched the race, watched review shows on Sky and IPlayer and anything on the Internet remotely associated to Monaco. There is lots of talk but I have not heard Lewis lie, be rude or seen him him shove somebody, or loose the car, have a race incidence, get passed, make a driving error all of Monaco weekend. What wrong doing is this guy getting beat for again?

#44 Mtom

Mtom

• 383 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:13

It doesn't, really.

It really does. So far Nico lucked 25/32 points depends on the viewpoint.
If Lewis loses the WDC because of DNFs tho winning a lot more GP than Nico then its not a failure in most peoples book.

Edited by Mtom, 01 June 2014 - 12:58.

#45 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,380 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:31

It doesn't, really. 

Imagine that during the rest of the season up to the final race, neither driver has a single mechanical issue.  Hamilton performs better and they go into the final race with Hamilton leading by 49 points.  Hamilton gets pole, and pulls away from Rosberg building a gap on the penultimate lap of 30s.  Then his engine explodes.  Rosberg wins the race, Hamilton is classified 11th and takes the WDC by 1pt thanks to double points plus a 2-0 DNF rate.

That would amount to a "significant failure in Hamilton's career"?

(not that I have nightmares about the above scenario, or anything ...    ;)  )

#46 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,393 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:41

Imagine that during the rest of the season up to the final race, neither driver has a single mechanical issue.  Hamilton performs better and they go into the final race with Hamilton leading by 49 points.  Hamilton gets pole, and pulls away from Rosberg building a gap on the penultimate lap of 30s.  Then his engine explodes.  Rosberg wins the race, Hamilton is classified 11th and takes the WDC by 1pt thanks to double points plus a 2-0 DNF rate.

Relative to winning the WDC, being an unlucky loser is a career non-event. "Significant failure" might be the wrong term but it would be another year wasted and no guarantee of so good an opportunity to come again. It would also be another loss to a team-mate (although I suppose that could be softened by saying that it was by a WDC level team-mate).

By the way, I expect Lewis to ultimately win with a comfortable margin. It is just not a certainty.

#47 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,393 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:43

It really does. So far Nico licked 25/32 points depends on the viewpoint.
If Lewis loses the WDC because of DNFs tho winning a lot more GP than Nico then its not a failure in most peoples book.

The number of WDCs won by a driver is always mentioned, long after the details of the season are forgotten. I bet you know how many Jack Brabham won. It matters. 

#48 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:47

Do you make horror movies?

#49 OO7

OO7

• 23,395 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:50

It doesn't, really. 

If he gets rammed off the road and has two additional engine failures?  Of course it matters.

Edited by Obi Offiah, 01 June 2014 - 14:52.

#50 OO7

OO7

• 23,395 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:52

Relative to winning the WDC, being an unlucky loser is a career non-event. "Significant failure" might be the wrong term but it would be another year wasted and no guarantee of so good an opportunity to come again. It would also be another loss to a team-mate (although I suppose that could be softened by saying that it was by a WDC level team-mate).

By the way, I expect Lewis to ultimately win with a comfortable margin. It is just not a certainty.

Wasted by who?