Butthurt Hamilton's fan?
Well mate, Bernie proposed such possibility, with "medal winning" when the one claiming WDC would be the one with most wins.
Now let's say that we have such system, then for example: Someone won 8 times at the start of the season, then takes a break and still wins WDC.
The 2nd in table is someone with let's say 5 wins and 15 2nd places. Yet he still loses the WDC.
Do you find it fair? Because I do not.
As someone mentioned it doesn't matter how do you win, but it does matter what do you do when you do not win.
The current system is good.
A few points here:
1) "Butthurt Hamilton's fan?" How old are you? 6? Accusing me of being an Hamilton fan because I've queried the fairness of the points systen is insinuating that I'm incapable of bias free thought and childish.
2) Don't call me mate, it's condescending. Have some respect.
3) I'm not against finishing being part of deciding the world championship. Nowhere in my arguments have I stated that I believe wins should be everything.
4) Bernie's plan to rewards only wins was, and is, moronic.
5) You're saying wins don't count, it's finishing races? Max Chilton should be 2013 world champion then. This is as ridiculous a suggestion as you making out I'd be in favour of Bernie's idea.
6) The points system should be a balance of rewarding wins and finishing. My argument is that the current system is too biased towards the finishing aspect.
7) If you like finishing being rewarded then would you be in favour of a 10,9,8... points system? Where 9 wins from 10 could be equalled with 10 second places?