Photo

TT and MGP Photos through the ages!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 knickerbrook

knickerbrook

• 1,231 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 14:38

Saw this website advertised in Classic Racer, so I thought I'd have a butchers.

Images all copyrighted of course, so not for posting - but what a great site to browse!  

http://www.fottofinders.co.uk/

Advertisement

#2 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 20:23

Hi Barry, That's Bill Snelling's site, the guy who does the excellent photo exhibition at Laxey Woollen Mills each TT.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the photo collection is actually owned by the IOM government and Bill is custodian, I got Bill over to the forum a couple of years back (He posts as Billbomann) but I don't think he gets on here very often.

As you say its a fantastic collection of photo's.

You coming over for the classic TT/MGP again this year?

#3 knickerbrook

knickerbrook

• 1,231 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 15:34

Hi Paul :wave:

Ah yes, I remember the handle "Billbomann"! Great photos indeed :up: !

No mate, I won't be going to the Classic TT this year, although I plan to get over a few times after I retire (in two years) when I can go places whenever I feel like :) !

I must say, that if any forum members are remotely considering going over (for the Classic TT) - JUST DO IT, you'll have the time of your life!

Words can hardly describe all that jaw-dropping machinery, the enthusiasts and the atmosphere. I still feel the "high" ten months on from last year - I thought I'd died and gone to heaven :lol:! If everything is booked up now for this year - there's always next year!

Cheers,

Barry.

#4 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:53

Shame you cant make it Barry, one of my mates is running a rotary Norton this year.

#5 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 23:26

Nigel Rollason has , as for the last few years , rented a house for the period , we are going over with a tz the 19th August for 13 days , if anyone is interested in sharing quality accommodation , with garage , please contact me ...................oh , yes , it is just off Bray Hill ....................(y)  :up:   :wave:

#6 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 15:40

Just up the road from me Phil, I'll try and get down for a brew, and likewise my kettle is always on, along with some of Okell's finest in the fridge if you find yourself near Governors Bridge end of Glencrutchery Road   ;)