• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ray b

ray b

• 2,951 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:08

checked tec forum today and after I hit back a survey form poped up

THAT  CLAIM TO FROM THIS SITE ABOUT THE TEC FORUM

so like a fool I did it and a bunch of pop up and extra page MAL-WARE WAS LOADED

running mal-warebites spybot ect now to get rid of this crap

I expect better from you guys :eek:

Advertisement

#2 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 16:20

We're definitely not running any sort of survey on the site at present. I'm going to ask our Ad Ops team (the guys who serve the adverts on the site) to take a look into this to see whether this is something which was served through our ad slots so that they can block it if it is.

If anyone else sees this, I'd appreciate a screenshot or any information (such as where it's being served from) so that we can stop this from being served through Autosport...

#3 Siddley

Siddley

• 174 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 22:31

You will always be at some risk from embedded adverts *

The main advertiser is usually a legitimitate company who sells space to less legitimate companies, who then sell it on to people who don't give a crap. They have ways to insinuate malicious code into an advertising banner which makes it seem like you have a virus, so they can frighten you into buying some useless software to remove it.

* You can remove 99% of the risk by using a browser which isn't Microsoft Internet Exploder and then running Adblock. I use Firefox.

If you want to be almost completely safe from most viruses then consider not using the Windows operating system at all. Linux ( which I use ) is completely free and about a thousand times better than anything Microsoft have to offer you.