* * * - - 11 votes

Lewis Hamilton vs Nico Rosberg 2014 Part V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4025 replies to this topic

#101 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,422 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 16:39

My nerves would rather have a dull weekend with Hamilton-domination.

This

Advertisement

#102 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,602 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 19:00

Well just like NR was supposed to be a beaten man after Spain now LH has cracked after Austria ..... we all like to over react ... it is part of the human condition.

Lets wait and see what GB brings.... all I know is that there is never a dull weekend when you are an LH supporter.

:up: When i said that in as many words, it startled our friend who i have quoted below :p

This

Speaking of nerves... penalty shoot-out in Brazil vs Chile...

Edited by garagetinkerer, 28 June 2014 - 19:01.

#103 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,422 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 19:11

:up: When i said that in as many words, it startled our friend who i have quoted below :p

Speaking of nerves... penalty shoot-out in Brazil vs Chile...

Feel bad for Chile :( , but I bet Bruno Senna and Anderson Silva are happy

Who you pick for Silverstone my man?

#104 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,602 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 19:26

Feel bad for Chile :( , but I bet Bruno Senna and Anderson Silva are happy

Who you pick for Silverstone my man?

As i said before... too close to call. Hamilton's strength has been braking over Rosberg this year, and at Silvertstone, you don't do that much... I'd give it to Hamilton by a tenth but less than two. So yeah, close. You know very well that Rosberg will be waiting Suarez style. Oops, i mean ready to snap :p

edit: what a brilliant player... but seriously, he has issues.

Edited by garagetinkerer, 28 June 2014 - 19:49.

#105 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 1,921 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 19:51

As i said before... too close to call. Hamilton's strength has been braking over Rosberg this year, and at Silvertstone, you don't do that much... I'd give it to Hamilton by a tenth but less than two. So yeah, close. You know very well that Rosberg will be waiting Suarez style. Oops, i mean ready to snap :p

edit: what a brilliant player... but seriously, he has issues.

I got the same issues. I just lost my balance and fell with my teeth on a chickenwing. And after that: again! Lucky it was so tender, I did not hurt my teeth...

#106 redreni

redreni

• 2,567 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 22:55

I'm fairly sure if an F1 driver bit another driver, his team wouldn't want to know him anymore. So it says a lot about football that this guy has done it 3 times and has yet to be sacked by his club or deselected by his country. So whilst I may have recommended some slightly Machiavellian tactics for Rosberg to consider using, I don't think biting Hamilton is a strategy he'd seriously consider. But while he's on a bit of a roll, maybe he could try to play the role of Chiellini rather than Suarez, and try to find ways to wind Hamilton up? It's always a difficult balance, because if you wind a footballer up, he tends to become less effective, give away free kicks, get in trouble with the referee etc. Whereas there are few things faster than an angry racing driver...

#107 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,602 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 23:11

I'm fairly sure if an F1 driver bit another driver, his team wouldn't want to know him anymore. So it says a lot about football that this guy has done it 3 times and has yet to be sacked by his club or deselected by his country. So whilst I may have recommended some slightly Machiavellian tactics for Rosberg to consider using, I don't think biting Hamilton is a strategy he'd seriously consider. But while he's on a bit of a roll, maybe he could try to play the role of Chiellini rather than Suarez, and try to find ways to wind Hamilton up? It's always a difficult balance, because if you wind a footballer up, he tends to become less effective, give away free kicks, get in trouble with the referee etc. Whereas there are few things faster than an angry racing driver...

Well, a mischevious toddler comes to mind... every-time my son picks up something and puts it in his mouth, he's way too quick. :p Surely others have such stories too.

Rosberg just needs to concentrate on the job at hand... He has a decent lead, but 3-4 more solid shows where he scores better will help a lot. Frankly speaking, all those mind-games have rarely ever worked on drivers in recent times. Nothing is more unsettling to a rival than a good performance on the track.

#108 Bleu

Bleu

• 767 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:04

When Schumacher was in his heydays at Ferrari, I was always amazed how much he changed settings during driving. Perhaps Michael Schumacher was the pioneer of 'fiddling in the car'! And Rosberg just took a leave out of that book. And talking of Lewis: isn't there a famous story that in GP2 at Spa, he just asked: 'Put the rearwing on level 1.' 'But that will destroy the setup of the car?' 'Naah, I'll sort it out while driving.'

If that story is true, Lewis uses a more 'holistic' approach to driving (a whole lap), Rosberg a more 'mosaic' approach (per corner).

I don't remember this, but certainly it isn't 100% true, since when Lewis was in GP2 there was no race at Spa as circuit & pit building was getting modified. 

#109 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 1,921 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:40

I don't remember this, but certainly it isn't 100% true, since when Lewis was in GP2 there was no race at Spa as circuit & pit building was getting modified. 

That was why I asked... Memory, right?  ;)

#110 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 13:13

That was why I asked... Memory, right?  ;)

The race you meant was Turkey, he was able to run such little rear wing compared to his rivals that they all thought he had been given some unfair advantage.

#111 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,770 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 14:09

KNwE7La.png

#112 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,535 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 14:20

The race you meant was Turkey, he was able to run such little rear wing compared to his rivals that they all thought he had been given some unfair advantage.

I've heard this mentioned before from another poster (undersquare?) and don't believe that to be the case.  I've never seen the actual quotes and having watch those races in Turkey a few times comparing the rear wing angle to the other cars, there wasn't any noticeable difference.

#113 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 15:09

I've heard this mentioned before from another poster (undersquare?) and don't believe that to be the case.  I've never seen the actual quotes and having watch those races in Turkey a few times comparing the rear wing angle to the other cars, there wasn't any noticeable difference.

It's one of those things I remember but I can't remember if i read it in a article, saw it in a video or merely read it  from another poster, but it wasn't just from one source. I'll get back to you on this

#114 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 845 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 21:12

Don't show me any videos please, I'm trying to avoid everything about the race until FP1. :p

Gut feeling says: Nico wants a birthday present and as usual, the racing-gods will hand it out to him. Remember last year? :rolleyes:

Edited by GoldenColt, 29 June 2014 - 21:17.

#115 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:29

“Nico would say ‘when I’m in Formula One’, and for me it was ‘if I ever get to Formula One’. Because obviously Nico’s dad was a Formula One driver – he knew he was going to make it. For us, we never really knew what was going to happen, we just kept at it.”

Rosberg knew he'd get into F1 - Hamilton

Seriously Lewis.  :rolleyes:

#116 teejay

teejay

• 3,654 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:45

Nothing wrong with those comments whatsoever.

Another storm in a tea cup awaits

#117 Farhannn15

Farhannn15

• 666 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:07

Nothing wrong with those comments whatsoever.

Another storm in a tea cup awaits

People should remember before they make any statements, Nico has made it to Formula 1 on merit just like Lewis. How much his fathers name helped him none of us know but I do believe he brings very little if any sponsorship to the team whereas he often has his own personal sponsors. He won GP2, Formula 1's premier feeder category at the time on merit and therefore deserved his seat in F1 and by managing to drag his Williams to the points on many occasions with one or two podiums he had shown a big team in the name of Mercedes he had the potential and speed which few people doubted. It did take him a few years for Mercedes to produce a competitive car so it's all good now. Lewis did the exact same by winning GP2 although he did get a McLaren which I'm sure Nico would have traded his Williams for  :drunk:

Edited by Farhannn15, 30 June 2014 - 03:15.

#118 Farhannn15

Farhannn15

• 666 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:17

“Nico would say ‘when I’m in Formula One’, and for me it was ‘if I ever get to Formula One’. Because obviously Nico’s dad was a Formula One driver – he knew he was going to make it. For us, we never really knew what was going to happen, we just kept at it.”

I don't think Lewis is saying this to make Nico sound arrogant or anything, if anything I think he's just trying to say it was tough for him since he didn't know if McLaren were going to drop him for their driver scheme at anytime 

#119 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,608 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:30

What is wrong with the comment is that Lewis is once again alluding to a "privileged" Nico, who did not have to earn his place in the world or the sport. 

Give it a rest Hamilton.

Advertisement

#120 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,770 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:35

rloL2yu.png

#121 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 947 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:48

rloL2yu.png

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing! :)

#122 baddog

baddog

• 23,438 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:00

Poor Lewis. all those matchbooks sold in the snow, nary a pair of shoes to his name. and Nico laughing from his personal airship overhead.

Meh, he was signed by Mclaren at 13. Noone outside knows the contract details butit is possible that he was the youngest driver in history to be signed to drive in F1. He EARNED his place in F1 by working hard and driving brilliantly in lower series, but he did so with support from an F1 team, which is something few others have had to that degree. This constant myth-creation of himself as struggling more than others is a bit sad.

#123 SR388

SR388

• 3,826 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:27

rloL2yu.png

Makes me mis KOV. He was a real team player.

#124 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 845 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:36

Oh dear, that's another race-weekend in the dustbin.

Edited by GoldenColt, 30 June 2014 - 05:37.

#125 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

• 144 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:46

What does it matter that his father was Keke, so it may have helped a bit, but he is here today on merit! I don't know how great Nico is yet, but there is no denying that he is at least very good. Both of them did.

And come on, is Lewis seriously complaining? He started in one of the best cars on the grid in 2007, not to mention that he already "was" a McLaren driver before, his future was assured.

Edited by Heisenberg, 30 June 2014 - 05:46.

#126 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:03

He started in one of the best cars on the grid in 2007, not to mention that he already "was" a McLaren driver before, his future was assured.

I really do sometimes wish that I could have seen Rosberg driving the McLaren cars from 2007 to 2012. Now this can only happen in some alternate reality, but it would certainly be very interesting to watch.

You guys think Nico would've won a championship in any of the cars from the MP4-22 'till the MP4-27?

Edited by Kingshark, 30 June 2014 - 06:07.

#127 meddo

meddo

• 1,524 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:56

He really can't stop his mouth, can he? Like a child in a kindergarten  :evil:

I really don¨care much about Rosberg, but this is a mantra for Hamilton, mouthing off about a teammates that are not "flexible" like Heikki. Yes Louis, we and the whole world know that you had it hard, you can stop now, and please do your talking at the track.

Not a happy fanboy here

#128 baddog

baddog

• 23,438 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:08

I want answers.

Why do you like/support/love Lewis Hamilton?

For those who like the other driver,

Why do you like/support/love Nico Rosberg?

I dont really 'like' Lewis, I find the things he says a bit annoying as he seems to have a huge ego but be extremely insecure about it. I admire his undoubted talent especially as a great qualifier however.

I dont really 'like' Nico, I find him extremely dull, and the only times he is interesting it is by being kind of a dick towards his teammates. However he is incredibly controlled and fast, albeit lacking whatever special something his teammate (and many other greats) have/had on the 'big day'

Give me Seb or Kimi or even better a Michael or Mika over either of them!

#129 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 845 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:23

I was a tad confident before Silverstone, now I know he'll screw up or be screwed up. Whenever he said something stupid before a GP-weekend, it has gone wrong. :evil:

#130 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 467 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:32

I really do sometimes wish that I could have seen Rosberg driving the McLaren cars from 2007 to 2012. Now this can only happen in some alternate reality, but it would certainly be very interesting to watch.

You guys think Nico would've won a championship in any of the cars from the MP4-22 'till the MP4-27?

Unless you gave view the past in parallel dimensions then there is no way of knowing. 

#131 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:40

Really - again? Nico and Keke seemed to be quite nice to Lewis in the junior formulas. Lewis should know best that Nico was fast enough to get his place in F1 on merit. This talk is just lacking respect and shows how insecure Lewis really is.

Unless you gave view the past in parallel dimensions then there is no way of knowing. 

Well it depends on luck, just like 2008 did in reality.

Edited by seahawk, 30 June 2014 - 07:42.

#132 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 2,778 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:44

I don't get why he comes out with stuff like this or if he even thinks before opening his mouth. 

#133 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 467 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:45

What does it matter that his father was Keke, so it may have helped a bit, but he is here today on merit! I don't know how great Nico is yet, but there is no denying that he is at least very good. Both of them did.

And come on, is Lewis seriously complaining? He started in one of the best cars on the grid in 2007, not to mention that he already "was" a McLaren driver before, his future was assured.

Of course it mattered if his dad was Keke, a former f1 driver. Former sportsmen generally have the connections and resources to fast track their kids' entrance into the sport. It would be silly to dismiss his influence. There are countless potential F1 drivers, talented and cerebral who would not get the look at all but a famous dad would have helped. 

Your attempt to agree that his dad had an influence is okay, but to try and quantify it by summing it up as 'a bit' is just fantasy. Unless you had inside info at the time your assumption is baseless. Like the Bush, kennedy, Rothschild, Rockefeller families, just to name a few are examples of what a great surname and father can have on a sons'/daughters' path in life. Nico might have been talented just like every other driver, but his dad sure had a role in him getting a ride into formula 1.

#134 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:46

I dont really 'like' Lewis, I find the things he says a bit annoying as he seems to have a huge ego but be extremely insecure about it. I admire his undoubted talent especially as a great qualifier however.

I dont really 'like' Nico, I find him extremely dull, and the only times he is interesting it is by being kind of a dick towards his teammates.

Isn't that kind of contradictory? You don't like Lewis for being an dick at times, but then you only like Nico when he's being a dick.

What do you want?

#135 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,177 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:48

I don't get why he comes out with stuff like this or if he even thinks before opening his mouth. 

Dunno, shits and giggles? I know I'd find it pretty hilarious watching everyone giving it plenty with the po-faced tut tutting and the shaking of heads in sad resignation every time I told people how poor I was once before running away in my solid gold shoes.

#136 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 467 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:51

Maybe because you didn't read the article?. He was going back in time because he was back at the Rye house cart Raceway, and he was probably asked all kinds of questions that led to the one single line that you are overreacting to. You ever been back at that one room apartment that you shared with your brother, his girlfriend and that 3-legged husky, back when you had nothing?. If so, then you will realise how emotional it can be when you return to the same room, only this time the press is there asking you questions. There is only one paragraph where he mentioned Nico in the entire telegraph article yet we are about to have almost 20 pages discussing what Lewis said.

Edited by AlmightyGod, 30 June 2014 - 07:59.

#137 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 467 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:55

What is wrong with the comment is that Lewis is once again alluding to a "privileged" Nico, who did not have to earn his place in the world or the sport. 

Give it a rest Hamilton.

Do you have the full transcript of the interview or are you just going on your instincts?.

#138 baddog

baddog

• 23,438 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:12

Isn't that kind of contradictory? You don't like Lewis for being an dick at times, but then you only like Nico when he's being a dick.

What do you want?

Oh no I don't LIKE him when he is being a dick at all, I think he is likeable but dull the rest of the time and unlikeable but interesting when being that way. When he is almost taking his teammate out to stop t hem overtaking I find myself shouting at the screen that he doesnt fing do that to other drivers, only his teammate and it pisses me off!

#139 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 467 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:27

Here is a similar headline for the sensitive people of this forum.

'Rosberg always knew F1 was his future'

http://www.planetf1....was-his-future-

For those who would rather not read the full article before making a comment here is an excerpt;

The Brit has been taking a walk down memory lane in the build-up to his home race, the British GP, remembering the days before the Mercedes team-mates were in Formula 1.

"We were talking about how cool it would be, one day, if we were in Formula One, just how cool it would be to be team-mates. We said it several times," he told The Guardian. "I can't remember back then if I believed it.

"Nico would say 'when I'm in Formula One', and for me it was 'if I ever get to Formula One'. Because obviously Nico's dad was a Formula One driver - he knew he was going to make it. For us, we never really knew what was going to happen, we just kept at it."

Nico is quoted declaring in a rather arrogant manner how sure he was of getting into formula 1. I guess  that doesn't bother most on this forum because Nico is the nicer guy. 

Advertisement

#140 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 467 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:29

Oh no I don't LIKE him when he is being a dick at all, I think he is likeable but dull the rest of the time and unlikeable but interesting when being that way. When he is almost taking his teammate out to stop t hem overtaking I find myself shouting at the screen that he doesnt fing do that to other drivers, only his teammate and it pisses me off!

Hmm. Remind me of when he did this

#141 Mercedestorque1

Mercedestorque1

• 211 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:03

Here is a similar headline for the sensitive people of this forum.

'Rosberg always knew F1 was his future'

http://www.planetf1....was-his-future-

For those who would rather not read the full article before making a comment here is an excerpt;

The Brit has been taking a walk down memory lane in the build-up to his home race, the British GP, remembering the days before the Mercedes team-mates were in Formula 1.

"We were talking about how cool it would be, one day, if we were in Formula One, just how cool it would be to be team-mates. We said it several times," he told The Guardian. "I can't remember back then if I believed it.

"Nico would say 'when I'm in Formula One', and for me it was 'if I ever get to Formula One'. Because obviously Nico's dad was a Formula One driver - he knew he was going to make it. For us, we never really knew what was going to happen, we just kept at it."

Nico is quoted declaring in a rather arrogant manner how sure he was of getting into formula 1. I guess  that doesn't bother most on this forum because Nico is the nicer guy. 

anyone who thinks Nico got in to F1 only due to his skills is delusional.Keke Rosbergs connections to the sport did it. :wave:

#142 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,653 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:04

I want answers.

Why do you like/support/love Lewis Hamilton?

For those who like the other driver,

Why do you like/support/love Nico Rosberg?

I don't really care for Lewis Hamilton the person. Nothing to or against him but the second he puts on a helmet everything changes. I constantly think between GPs "am I really that obsessed with this dude" and I doubt myself and I doubt him, but then sure enough another GP rolls around! I guess it's a multitude of reasons. I was young and impressionable, and saw a really fast and actually good (sorry Button, this was 07) driver from my own country. Over the years our relationship with the guy advance and change, and now I am just willing him to do well, and I don't what anyone says, this guy is a pure, pure racer!

I always liked Rosberg because the boy tried real hard, and he would drag his Williams or his Mercedes to the odd podium or he'd slot it in a top 5 grid slot and you'd think "hello it's Rosberg again!". It probably helped that Hamilton and him were friends. Remember Oz 2008 when they were ridiculously happy for each other on the podium? Yeah, that was cool to see, and you know a friend of #TeamLH is a friend of mine ;)!

This year he has naturally become the only object between my LewLew and his 2nd WDC, and boy did he not read the script!!!! I'm sure if Hamilton breezes to the WDC we will all thank Rosberg for being a perfect adversary
:-)

#143 meddo

meddo

• 1,524 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:11

anyone who thinks Nico got in to F1 only due to his skills is delusional.Keke Rosbergs connections to the sport did it. :wave:

But ofcourse it did play a part. But does Louis really needs to say the same s..t every other week? Between his poorman¨s trips in a brand new shiny red airplane. Gee, look at me, I¨m in Venice with my popstar girlfriend weeee. I¨m in my plane going to NY, weeeee. Oh, and I was soooo poooor, now I can rub all your noses in my richness, weeeee.

#144 P123

P123

• 8,364 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:16

I'm not seeing the controversy in those comments.  Of course Nico has proven his worth many times over, that's not being disputed.  Hamilton is speaking of their time pre-F1, that Nico was confident of being in F1 whereas he was not.

Naturally it would be wiser for Lewis to keep quiet when discussing his teammate.  The press pick the juicy bits to sell the story, then the fanboys flake out.  It's all a vicious cycle! ;)

Edited by P123, 30 June 2014 - 09:19.

#145 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,177 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:19

But ofcourse it did play a part. But does Louis really needs to say the same s..t every other week? Between his poorman¨s trips in a brand new shiny red airplane. Gee, look at me, I¨m in Venice with my popstar girlfriend weeee. I¨m in my plane going to NY, weeeee. Oh, and I was soooo poooor, now I can rub all your noses in my richness, weeeee.

You sound literally annoyed. Or drunk, I can't tell.

#146 Mercedestorque1

Mercedestorque1

• 211 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:20

lol i wouldn't say he's rubbing it in, its just that some fans are blowing this issue out of proportion. of course nico worked hard but to think Keke never played a huge part is mind boggling....

#147 P123

P123

• 8,364 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:20

You sound literally annoyed. Or drunk, I can't tell.

Could be that Hamilton did a fly past of his house and knocked meddo out the wrong side of his bed?

#148 PAGATRON

PAGATRON

• 392 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:21

He seems to weeeee a lot, does he have a weak bladder?

Edited by PAGATRON, 30 June 2014 - 09:22.

#149 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:37

Well, too bad that Lewis has such a hard time dominating him then. I mean being the protégé of Ron Dennis was of no advantage to get a seat in F1.

#150 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,394 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:40

You implying that Kekes connections were the definitive call on Rosbergs carreer:  :wave:

It's a bit of both. If Kekes injured and braindamaged child from his third marriage would have wanted to race, he would have had to prove himself as well just like any other driver.